Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - "Official Peacemaker Gameplay" trailer

1 hour ago, legend said:

Finally got around to finishing this. It is probably the easiest mortal kombat I've ever played. The final boss fight was just a fight and I cleared it nearly instantly.

I'm not even good at fighting games!

It’s definitely easier than recent entries, in a good way. As in it’s just easier to play it and execute moves and combos coherently without years of practice I find.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

It’s definitely easier than recent entries, in a good way. As in it’s just easier to play it and execute moves and combos coherently without years of practice I find.

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, the history of mortal kombat bosses were hard because they were cheesy. So I'm glad to do away with that. But on the other hand, when you're rocking everyone's world it's not as satisfying to smash their head in as it is when you have to struggle toward it.

1 minute ago, legend said:

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, the history of mortal kombat bosses were hard because they were cheesy. So I'm glad to do away with that. But on the other hand, when you're rocking everyone's world it's not as satisfying to smash their head in as it is when you have to struggle toward it.

I haven’t played through the campaign itself yet, I was more just talking about the core mechanics themselves. I’m sure I’ll be happy if it’s easy tho :P

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - "Official Omni-Man First Look" trailer

Story mode is easy for everyone to experience the story. If you want a challenge that's what online is there for.

@legend you are the AI expert and should know as well as anyone the computer cheats by reading your inputs, that's not really fun or challenging.

This is why I find the reviews and discourse around this game interesting. Of course 99% of people show up for the story mode and bounce but to me the story mode is a bonus for the game. So when reviews slam on the story mode for this game and even street fighter I think well that stuff is the icing on the cake, the real reason to show up for the game is for the fighting part.

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Story mode is easy for everyone to experience the story. If you want a challenge that's what online is there for.

@legend you are the AI expert and should know as well as anyone the computer cheats by reading your inputs, that's not really fun or challenging.

As the AI expert, I know for a fact that it doesn't have to be that way though :p 

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is why I find the reviews and discourse around this game interesting. Of course 99% of people show up for the story mode and bounce but to me the story mode is a bonus for the game. So when reviews slam on the story mode for this game and even street fighter I think well that stuff is the icing on the cake, the real reason to show up for the game is for the fighting part.

It also doesn't have to be that way either though! I don't play competitively because I don't have anywhere near enough time required to play a fighting game competitively. The fighting genre community is generally very hardcore. But I still get these games because I usually enjoy the over the top stories and some of the other SP modes. And if it's true that 99% of people show up for the story, maybe it should get more love!

If the game developers simply don't want to make a story mode, that's fine, I have not objections to developers focusing on the game they want to make. But they clearly do put a bunch of effort into them, so it's a valid place to criticize!

• Haha 1

Playing it on the ROG Ally, which is very likely more powerful than the Switch2 will be, you have to play on the lowest settings at 540p to hold 60fps. It still looks great at those settings, but yeah, this is just a true current gen game that needs too much work to scale down to be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - "Official Omni-Man Gameplay" trailer (November 9 release)
4 hours ago, Derek said:

I dont know who that is, but the fatality was funny.

If you're referring to the guy in white and red, he's a superpowered superhero from the animated TV show Invincible on Amazon, an adaptation of Robert Kirkman's comic book series (yes, The Walking Dead creator). The show is quite good! Omni-Man is basically Invincibles' Homelander (from The Boys TV show, if you know who that is). Homelander will also be in Mortal Kombat 1 as well. They are both takes on evil Superman.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Anthony Starr – the voice behind The Boys' Homelander – has confirmed he will not be reprising his role in …

Anthony Starr – the voice behind The Boys' Homelander – has confirmed he will not be reprising his role in Mortal Kombat 1.

Confirmation came via Starr's own Instagram account, in which he responded to questions from fans about whether or not he was voicing the character with a succinct: "nope".

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - Anthony Starr is not voicing Homelander for the DLC

Also, Omni-Man appears to be busted in the best way possible:

KOTAKU.COM

The Invincible villain looks really fun but overpowered

WWW.IGN.COM

Mortal Kombat 1 now has its first DLC character: Omni-Man from the Invincible series — and players have already discovered he’s equal parts broken and hilarious.

Lastly, this is just damned funny :lol:

When NetherRealm Studios dropped a new Halloween-themed Fatality for Mortal Kombat 1 last month, players turned up their noses — not just at the add-on content’s pricing, but at the idea of paying for Fatalities altogether. Now, NetherRealm is ready to turn players’ stomachs with a new Thanksgiving-themed Fatality that might just be the series’ most disgusting finishing move yet.

Granted, this is a series where Mortal Kombat’s cast of characters have been torn in half crotch to cranium by Noob Saibot, had their digestive systems pulled through their mouths by Ermac, and been stuffed with egg sacs by bug lady D’Vorah. MK1’s newest Fatality, however, involves food — a lot of it. And force-feeding. And puke. It’s really gross!

The new Thanksgiving Fatality won’t officially be added to Mortal Kombat 1 until next week, as part of a Seasonal Fatalities bundle. But data miners have already found the new Fatality and are showing it off on social media.

Video of that new Fatality is embedded below, but here’s a rough description of what you’re about to get yourself into: Sub-Zero summons a dinner table with a full Thanksgiving spread, with a whole roasted turkey, green bean casserole, pies, and more. Sub-Zero then performs the dinner-table equivalent of a curb stomp on MK1 newcomer Omni-Man, cracking his jaw open wide. The ninja then force feeds Omni-Man green beans, a pumpkin pie, and the entire turkey, whole. Sub-Zero then jumps onto Omni-Man’s distended belly, forcing him to vomit up the entire meal so forcefully that his eyes and skull cap pop out.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Also, Omni-Man appears to be busted in the best way possible:

KOTAKU.COM

The Invincible villain looks really fun but overpowered

WWW.IGN.COM

Mortal Kombat 1 now has its first DLC character: Omni-Man from the Invincible series — and players have already discovered he’s equal parts broken and hilarious.

This is funny because if you go by people who actually play the game they are finding him hard to use.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - "Official Peacemaker Gameplay" trailer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...