Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - "Official Peacemaker Gameplay" trailer

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The next Mortal Kombat game (probably Mortal Kombat 1) will be revealed tomorrow @ 0600 Pacific/0900 Eastern
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) officially announced for 19 September 2023 release

The Kombat Pack will feature a Johnny Cage character skin with the likeness of famed actor and martial artist, Jean-Claude Van Damme (available at launch), early access to six new playable characters (available post-launch), and five new Kameo Fighters (available post-launch)

🤔

19 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

IIRC, Johnny Cage was originally supposed to have JVD as the model, but he backed out or something, so, I like it :p 

It could also be a nod to the original game which was supposed to be a Bloodsport game but the license fell through so they turned it into MK instead.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It could also be a nod to the original game which was supposed to be a Bloodsport game but the license fell through so they turned it into MK instead.

At first I thought it was because he played Johnny Cage in the Mortal Kombat movie, but then I remembered it was Street Fighter that he was in. 

mortal-kombat-1-c.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Product listing details contents of the game’s first Kombat Pack…

The first batch of Mortal Kombat 1 DLC fighters appears to have been leaked.

Following its announcement on Thursday, Mortal Kombat 1 is now available to pre-order.

As previously confirmed, two of the game’s three editions include a Kombat Pack offering early access to six new playable characters, among other features.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch, 19 September 2023) - Amazon Italy potentially leaked Kombat Pack 1 DLC characters
10 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Genuinely shocked that this thread isn't blowing up considering how amazing this looks. Hopefully we will see A LOT more in the coming weeks, but good lord am I hyped!

I’m interested in seeing how good the real gameplay looks besides those few flashes but damnit I need to finish MK11 and Aftermath!

11 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Genuinely shocked that this thread isn't blowing up considering how amazing this looks.

I asked my mom her thoughts on the trailer. She said that I hadn't sent it to her so she didn't see it, so then I sent the trailer. I haven't heard anything from her since. :(

• Haha 1

Steam Store page is up with the PC system requirements:

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1684528437
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Discover a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by the Fire God Liu Kang. Mortal Kombat 1 ushers in a new era of the iconic franchise with a new fighting system, game modes, and fatalities!

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6600 | AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 or Ryzen™ 5 2600
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce® GTX 980 or AMD Radeon™ RX 470 or Intel® Arc™ A750
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 100 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti or AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT or Intel® Arc™ A770
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 100 GB available space

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch, 19 September 2023) - PC system requirements posted

This having a native port (Saber is doing it) on Switch makes sense I guess with those specs. It makes sense that a fighter would be hyper scalable though. I think we are at that point where games will be made current gen only simply because there is enough data to suggest that most people buying new games have moved to the new consoles and it’s just not worth the cost to bother releasing for them even if the port was possible.

Stress test sign-up for PS5/Xbox Series now available:

ACCOUNT.WBGAMES.COM

Mortal-Kombat-1-Hero500.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Warner Bros. have announced a Mortal Kombat 1 stress test for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Although this will allow you to play the game before

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch, 19 September 2023) - "stress test" sign-up for PS5/Xbox Series now available
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch, 19 September 2023) - Official Gameplay Debut Trailer

Graphics, violence, all looks good as expected. I think I got too old for fighting games though :lol:  I enjoy from afar these days. 

I always laugh though when they show stuff like the x-Ray of Johnny Cage's ribs being sliced apart and then he grabs the guy and starts throwing him across the room. Good times, Johnny :)