π“π“˜π“’π“”: South Korean government proposes increase in work week to 69 hours from 52

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

they are gonna like slam their birth rate into Japan levels at high speed?

Β 

230222030131-01-sk-mother-children-01211
EDITION.CNN.COM

South Korea's fertility rate, already the world's lowest, has dropped yet again in the latest setback to the country's efforts to boost its declining population.

Β 

Β 

South Korea’s fertility rate, already the world’s lowest, has dropped yet again in the latest setback to the country’s efforts to boost its declining population.

Β 

The national statistics body reported Wednesday that the fertility rate, or the average number of children expected per woman, fell to 0.78 in 2022 – down from 0.81 the previous year.

Countries need a fertility rate of 2.1 to maintain a stable population, in the absence of immigration.

Β 

South Korea’s birth rate has been falling since 2015 and the country recorded more deaths than births for the first time in 2020, a trend that has continued since.

Β 

In 2022, the country recorded about 249,000 births and 372,800 deaths.

Β 

Β 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol am I missing something or is the idea that they work so much they have extra money to take unpaid time off so they can fuck or what?

Β 

Β 

On Thursday, South Korea’s labor ministry even tried pitching the new rules as a way to support the country’s flagging fertility rate, which at 0.78 births per woman is the world’s lowest. Ministers suggested that staff might work longer hours one week in exchange for longer holidays elsewhere in the year.Β 

Β 

β€œWe can resolve serious social problems like fast aging and low birth rates by allowing women to choose their working hours more flexibly,” labor minister Lee Jung-sik said, according to the Financial Times.

Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Β 

I will readily admit that I'm genuinely impressed by the contorted reasoning that resulted in that response.

Β 

It just always bothers me when snake oil sales pitches like that get written like β€œThe proposal aims to promote family growth and productivityΒ by allowing people to bank overtime hours in exchange for time ofβ€œ - That is not the aim of the proposal, that is the sales pitch to the people they want to trick into working like slaves. At least write it as β€œthe proposal claims to aim towards promoting”.Β 

• True 2
  • Halal 1

lol theΒ onlyΒ way this could work as intended is if the law was written to be something like "104 hours maximum in any two week period," which would allow the desired effect (say, 69 hours in one week, 35 the next). But obviously the real goal was just to help companies get more hours out of their workers, population be damned.Β 

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

Β 

It just always bothers me when snake oil sales pitches like that get written like β€œThe proposal aims to promote family growth and productivityΒ by allowing people to bank overtime hours in exchange for time ofβ€œ - That is not the aim of the proposal, that is the sales pitch to the people they want to trick into working like slaves. At least write it as β€œthe proposal claims to aim towards promoting”.Β 

Β 

Smooth brain strat conformed. Someone let em kno to call me for galaxy brain strats.

• Sicko 1

6 hours ago, Brian said:
107206016-1678384897976-gettyimages-1414
WWW.CNBC.COM

Rep. Mark Takano, who represents California's 39th district, has reintroduced his 32-hour Workweek Act to Congress.

Do It GIF

Β 

Β 

I don't want shorter work hours for myself. What I do what is day where I can work on my own without interruption other than my weekend.

24 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Β 

She was the sixth member of the band and allegations of her bullying someone when she was in high school came out and she got removed from the group.

Β 

Harsh I feel but I get it.

Β 

Google search shows she can be my baby momma inspite of that though. Long as its not a red flag that can't be resolved.

• True 1