Metroid Prime Remastered - Out Now! (Physical Version coming Feb 22), first OpenCritic reviews posted

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I’ve decided to try and give this a shot @best3444Now I just need you to buy it for me to complete the plan. 

You don't deserve this game...UM FRIEND!! lol

I actually played for 3 HOURS last night, that's the longest stretch this year. Unlocked the grapple, the super bomb I have 9/12 life tanks and 100 bombs!! The map has just started to click in my head the last few days. It really takes some getting used to but it's actually fantastic! I guess I need the X-ray visor, the hot/plasma what ever beam and I"M IMHO Loving every minute of this game. I have only died 3 times total and I had actually forgotten just how big this game was. I'm not a fast gamer in any stretch of the word, I actually usually take many many more hours than normal people to complete any game, but that has always been that way. This game is such a classic and I'm very happy that this Remake exists....

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Picked up my physical copy last night at Wal-Mart. Shame to hear some of you are having trouble. 

Hoping to come across a copy this weekend. Sure I have all three original releases plus the trilogy re-release and yet I've never beaten any of them :lol: though I spent time with them....at least the first Prime anyway. I was always annoyed they didn't do voice overs for all the logs and the controls bothered me, but having hearing about the new control scheme has me itching to jump back in. 

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Do y’all just want the physical copy cuz it’s prime or are you buying a lot of your switch games physical? 

Basically all my Switch games are physical copies. I don't know why. Yeah the internal storage on Switch isn't very high, but I could always expand it with an SD card. All my PC games are digital, and it's much more convenient, so not sure why I keep to physical for Switch. 

4 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Do y’all just want the physical copy cuz it’s prime or are you buying a lot of your switch games physical? 

I buy most of my Switch games physical, with a few exceptions. I think we have around 70 physical Switch games. 

Also the fact my husband and I both own Switches and it generally doesn’t make sense to buy multiple copies of the same single player game. 

7 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I prefer physical copies whenever possible. I'm still pissed they didn't make physical copies of Persona 3 and 4...despite already having multiple physical copies for other systems  

• Sicko 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm 6 or so hours in still in the begging sections. I only need the rail upgrade but don't know how to get it. All I do is keep looking around scanning etc. I'm a fuckin idiot. 

My guess is you don’t need that rail upgrade yet? That thing is like mid-game even tho you see the rails everywhere. If you don’t have double jump, wave beam, or thermal visor yet you’re not ready for the spider ball. 

Just now, Paperclyp said:

My guess is you don’t need that rail upgrade yet? That thing is like mid-game even tho you see the rails everywhere. If you don’t have double jump, wave beam, or thermal visor yet you’re not ready for the spider ball. 

Hmm. I have double jump but not wave beam or thermal visor. I swear I've looked everywhere haha 😄 

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Hmm. I have double jump but not wave beam or thermal visor. I swear I've looked everywhere haha 😄 

The general thing to do is look for places you couldn’t reach until you got your latest upgrade. So there’s going to be some places you can double jump to now. Part of the trick of a game like this is that you probably ran past a platform multiple times and you couldn’t reach it, so you’ve started to ignore it. With each new ability, you’ve gotta look at the environment differently.

22 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

The general thing to do is look for places you couldn’t reach until you got your latest upgrade. So there’s going to be some places you can double jump to now. Part of the trick of a game like this is that you probably ran past a platform multiple times and you couldn’t reach it, so you’ve started to ignore it. With each new ability, you’ve gotta look at the environment differently.

Oh, I understand the concept fine. I just looked everywhere to utilize my double jump and it did advance me a bit. I'm still stuck with nowhere to go. I have my missiles, charging speed, double jump, bombs that drop to lift you up as a ball, not sure what I need to advance.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Oh, I understand the concept fine. I just looked everywhere to utilize my double jump and it did advance me a bit. I'm still stuck with nowhere to go. I have my missiles, charging speed, double jump, bombs that drop to lift you up as a ball, not sure what I need to advance.

Read Book Club GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

You can find item order lists, like the order should you get each item in. My recommendation if you’re really stuck is find one of those, find the next item you should get, look up the room it’s in, and find it. Then try to progress on your own, if you get stuck then repeat. That’s just my rec, it’s just not worth it imo to waste too much time getting frustrated if you’re truly stuck. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

I litteraly was on YouTube for a guide. I know where to go next! Minus always being stuck, the game is extremely good and addicting. In fact, I will beat this first before I go back and finish Hogwarts. It oozes with Nintendo's magic.

Same for me. I kinda impulse bought this game and now I can’t put it down. Hogwarts gonna have to wait. 

• Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

At the very least you’ll know who has zero stock. 

no you won't because you search Target they don't even have the game listed on their site, not going through the main portal. Walmart also doesn't list it for their stores though you can find 3rd parties selling it for 70+ via their site, but there have been plenty of people reporting Walmart had copies and indeed, there was a spot for them at the stores. Same with BB. They have it listed as sold out or unavailable but people were reporting finding it in store. As for Gamestop they haven't had the physical available on their site since this entire mess started. I was out running errands with my sister today so anytime we were near one of the store I ran in to check. As for gamestop, I did call them and they said they had one copy left, which is the only reason I went to a gamestop. 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

no you won't because you search Target they don't even have the game listed on their site, not going through the main portal. Walmart also doesn't list it for their stores though you can find 3rd parties selling it for 70+ via their site, but there have been plenty of people reporting Walmart had copies and indeed, there was a spot for them at the stores. Same with BB. They have it listed as sold out or unavailable but people were reporting finding it in store. As for Gamestop they haven't had the physical available on their site since this entire mess started. I was out running errands with my sister today so anytime we were near one of the store I ran in to check. As for gamestop, I did call them and they said they had one copy left, which is the only reason I went to a gamestop. 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia