PC Community Thread

stepee

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Geeze, how much did you pay and where did you get it from? MLA is the real deal from what I've seen. Really fixes the crushed grays I constantly see on most OLEDs.

With the coil whine, only fix will be to RMA/exchange it - it's completely random and no brand or model is better than others.

Greentoe. It was 2850 out the door shipped (so like 2600 for me if I had to pay tax, which is right where i wanted to spend) The S89c came out to 2200 bc of tax and adding the extra warranty.  For the extra 650, its worth to me to stick with LG. 

• Sicko Sherman 1

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I'd rather them stick with the current NCP UI. It's simple, it works, it's not some bloated POS like AMD and Intel's (and GFE for that matter, but at least that's optional).

The old one is so slow though, and AMD's is surprisingly snappy. I doubt either one is more or less bloated concerning background processing, because both vendors install performance monitoring telemetry with their drivers.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

How is it slow? Everything clicks more or less instantly for me. I use it to switch monitors fairly regularly.

There have always been delays for mine across multiple PCs, especially when going to the 3D settings for individual games that takes forever to load the list of apps. Also the clunky nature of having a scroll bar in the 3D settings along with drop down menus that can be changed with the scroll wheel.

1 minute ago, cusideabelincoln said:

There have always been delays for mine across multiple PCs, especially when going to the 3D settings for individual games that takes forever to load the list of apps. Also the clunky nature of having a scroll bar in the 3D settings along with drop down menus that can be changed with the scroll wheel.

I have literally never had any of these issues across any of my nvidia GPUs with NCP. The “delays” are about 0.5-1 second long at most.

These are the bloat issues I’m talking about with Adrenaline:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/s/F0ymQKTjSC

People have been begging for “just drivers with something simple for settings” instead for years now.

20 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Moving between the hyperlinks has a noticeable delay.

What hyperlinks? You mean the tabs? 

20 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

NCP takes about 5 seconds to open

It opens roughly the same speed that Windows Display Settings and GFE takes.

15 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What hyperlinks? You mean the tabs? 

It opens roughly the same speed as Windows Display Settings and GFE takes.

The blue links on the left:
EzlPxT7.png

NCP opens significantly slower than the Nvidia App on my PC.  I was comparing those two; not other apps.

Have you tried it yet?

WWW.PCWORLD.COM

Unsurprisingly, DDR6 memory will gradually replace the current DDR5 memory over the next few years, but what do we actually know about the upcoming memory standard...

If we take the speeds officially approved by JEDEC as a benchmark, the maximum data rate was doubled from 3,400 MT/s to up to 6,400 MT/s with the introduction of DDR5 compared to DDR4. Samsung is forecasting a similar increase for DDR6, which will operate at up to 12,800 MT/s as DDR6-12800.

It should be noted that these are only the official standard speeds specified by JEDEC, which could be far exceeded by overclocked (OC) modules.

Memory sticks with strictly selected memory modules (“ICs”) should therefore be able to achieve DDR6-16800 with up to 16,800 MT/s as OC modules.

• Thanks 1

Eh the new Nvidia app removes Geforce Experience, understandably, but takes Gamestream along with it. Still so lame Nvidia is discontinuing it. I know Sunshine is supposedly just as good but it works so good for me as it is now I don’t want to touch it until I have to. I finally just got 90fps hdr streaming working perfectly with the latest Moonlight nightly on my oled deck. I’ll just use Special K until they make me switch to the app and set up Sunshine.

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

this might be a dumb quesiton, but can someone tell me where you enable logitech ghub to start with windows? i cannot find it anywhere in the settings and im like 90% sure it starts automatically on my laptop. 

Is it a disabled setting in your Windows Start-up settings (Task Manager)

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

What's a good controller to use on Steam?

Ignore the other posts, just use a USB-C cable to connect your PS5 DualSense, then you don't need to waste money on another controller unless you really want to. :p 

See if that laptop is capable of expanding the RAM and if it is use the money you would've spent on a controller for another 8-16gb of RAM and you'll be good to go for awhile at 1080p.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Ignore the other posts, just use a USB-C cable to connect your PS5 DualSense, then you don't need to waste money on another controller unless you really want to. :p 

Overpriced controllers are ridiculous.