What was the most comfortable bed you ever had?

Remarkableriots

8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I have a $300 foam mattress from Amazon that is as comfortable as anything else I’ve ever had

my brother in christ these are beds for the poors, get a tempurpedic

my answer is the bed i currently sleep on. there are literally none like it on the planet. coming up on 10 years old and it is still in great shape. when I do replace it will be a tempurpedic.

tempurpedic no longer pays my bills so I'm endorsing this without reservation or conflict of interest

• 4 months later...

My mom just got a Beautyrest PressureSmart 2.0 Plush 11.75" mattress. She gave me her Beautyrest Silver, which wasn't comfortable for her to sleep on often and was hard to get into at her age. She has very bad back pain from having two crushed discs in her back and getting hit by a car in a gas station parking lot.

She also got the TEMPUR-Ergo 3.0 Base with adjustable lumbar support and massage. I think this will be the most comfortable bed she's ever had.

Someone gave us one of those all foam mattresses you get delivered in the mail. It’s a king size. I hate it so fucking much. It’s way too soft. My wife says it’s the best mattress she’s ever slept on. Its literally hurting my body.  I’m a side and back sleeper. If I sleep on my side, my body sinks in which makes my knees go in this weird angle and I can barely walk the next day.  Gives me shoulder pain and back pain.  Didn’t realize it was the mattress giving me the pain for far too long. It’s so bad I put cardboard down on my side under the sheets and it actually feels good now.  Once I get my knee surgery paid off I’m saving up for a real mattress.

• Hugs 1

28 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Someone gave us one of those all foam mattresses you get delivered in the mail. It’s a king size. I hate it so fucking much. It’s way too soft. My wife says it’s the best mattress she’s ever slept on. Its literally hurting my body.  I’m a side and back sleeper. If I sleep on my side, my body sinks in which makes my knees go in this weird angle and I can barely walk the next day.  Gives me shoulder pain and back pain.  Didn’t realize it was the mattress giving me the pain for far too long. It’s so bad I put cardboard down on my side under the sheets and it actually feels good now.  Once I get my knee surgery paid off I’m saving up for a real mattress.

I'm a side and stomach sleeper. The last bed I bought was too soft, too. It had a pillow top, and I created a big indent where I tended to sleep. Sometimes I couldn't move from a position it hurt so bad.

18 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I'm a side and stomach sleeper. The last bed I bought was too soft, too. It had a pillow top, and I created a big indent where I tended to sleep. Sometimes I couldn't move from a position it hurt so bad.

It’s crazy. I never knew the pain that could be had from a bad mattress. Like actual joint pain. I would get out of bed and my hips and knees would feel like jello. Walking like an old man leaving the bedroom. The day I firmed up my side of the bed it’s completely gone.

• True 1

I had a pretty bad run of mattresses that were a bad fit for me, basically ever since I moved out on my own 12 years ago. Finally the one I got last year seems to be a solid fit. I never wake up feeling particularly well rested (that problem might be me and not my bed) but at least I don’t wake up stiff and in pain. 

• Like 1

Probably the pillow top spring mattress I had. The one I have now is pretty good, but I fucked it up. I got a full-sized memory foam mattress and instead of laying in the middle of the bed I slept on only half of the bed so now the other side is like brand new and firm but you can't sleep on it because the other side is all broken in and it feels like you are sleeping at an angle.

• 10 months later...

Finally got rid of the horrible foam mattress I’ve been torturing myself on for two years. Got a king size Avocado Green Firm mattress. Saw they had great reviews in a lot of places. There was one single store about 10 minutes away from me that carried the mattress in store. The next closest was 100+ miles away so I was happy I could feel it in person. Slept on it about a week now and cant believe how good I feel.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 9:20 AM, DarkStar189 said:

That’s some high tech sleeping you got going on there!

The 8 Sleep is WELL WORTH IT. Summer nights I set it at 50 degrees, winter Ill set it at 80. Its timed based on your cycle of sleep, so deep sleep itll adjust to a lower temperature (or whatever you program it to). Its amazing technology that I am really surprised has not garnered more attention.