The most shameless thread on dayonepatch.com

Bacon

This month is the first month I've had in years where like, I don't have money for rent if it was due today. I'm banking on the assumption that I WILL have it by the end of the month.

I now realize how much that says about how far I've come in life where that's something that I haven't really had to think about in a long time. I think the last time I didn't always have at least rent money in my bank was like... 2015?

It's easy to lose touch with the fact that this is how most people exist all the time. It feels naked and vulnerable. Like I could break my leg tomorrow and I would be royally fucked.

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Carryover from the CEB. I do apologize. But damn, that was worse than I thought it would be. 

Oh no do not apologize at all, you didn’t do anything wrong. He started it in this thread after Sieb made a comment anyway, and he hasn’t been around for a bit so he didn’t realize what kind of blow up was coming lol

The way he gets so vindictive in how he speaks to people so quickly, seriously needs to work on that. There is a line you don’t want to cross with how you talk to others and he crosses that line too frequently lately even with people who are totally nice to him.

I know he’s going through a lot but fuck man. I hope maybe he thinks about things during his staycation here and that he gets whatever help he needs.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The same thing happened a couple months ago in the pizza thread. Give it a read for a good time.

I was tounge-in-cheek making a comment about myself, I'll have to check out that thread though. Seems like some things definitely haven't changed around here 

Just now, Siebzehn said:

I was tounge-in-cheek making a comment about myself, I'll have to check out that thread though. Seems like some things are definitely haven't changed around here 

no way you could have predicted that blow up  if you haven’t been around lol

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh no do not apologize at all, you didn’t do anything wrong. He started it in this thread after Sieb made a comment anyway, and he hasn’t been around for a bit so he didn’t realize what kind of blow up was coming lol

The way he gets so vindictive in how he speaks to people so quickly, seriously needs to work on that. There is a line you don’t want to cross with how you talk to others and he crosses that line too frequently lately even with people who are totally nice to him.

I know he’s going through a lot but fuck man. I hope maybe he things about thinks during his staycation here and that he gets whatever help he needs.

He really tries to come off as a tough guy, but the vibes I get are like stuff from my teenage years. I really do hope he gets better, though. But I also think some of this is just who he is. It goes back way before he lost his brother. 

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

He really tries to come off as a tough guy, but the vibes I get are like stuff from my teenage years. I really do hope he gets better, though. But I also think some of this is just who he is. It goes back way before he lost his brother. 

I think it’s obviously in some way just how he is as it’s been a pattern for so long. But I wonder how much of that is just that there were issues in general before he lost his brother and that the tragic loss compounded that. 

The wild swings from any small perceived slight seem likely linked to some probably long standing self esteem issues and that’s the ugly way they manifest. 

But that sorta thing is so hard to help because it’s hard to get help if part of the problem is you can’t admit there is a problem.

Believe me do I know that much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Lovely thread. I never have money to give away, this never expect anything in return. This is the path I’ve chosen to tread. 

I don't got shit to give, but I still ask and people still give. The people here are just nice like that. It helps that I have no problems asking, but I get not everyone can feel fine being that shameless.

When I was a kid, all the time I'd tell my little brother to ask for things on my behalf. That is until one time I asked my grandpa for this knight helmet that contained shot glasses and a decanter. I just wanted it because it was cool and as a display piece. So, I told my brother to ask for me. Well, my brother asked and my grandpa gave him the helmet. Of course, I still got the helmet in the end and I believe my brother got some money, but my grandpa said to me, " If you want something, you have to ask for it. If you don't ask for it you won't get it. And next time I really will give it to your brother." Or at least it was something to that effect. That is part of the reason I feel there is no harm in asking. Ask, and just maybe, ye shall receive. 

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

(I’m not sure we aren’t being Apoc’d on the identical twin brother thing, but that’s just me)

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I have ALWAYS wondered about this.

When he reads this y’all gunna need Jesus lol. This thread about to blow tf up. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

(I’m not sure we aren’t being Apoc’d on the identical twin brother thing, but that’s just me)

I don't think we are. At least I don't believe so.

Cnut is pretty much right about best always being this way. Could have gotten worse after... but I don't really know. I don't hate Best or anything. He is generally a fine member of the boards when he sticks to the gaming aspect. It is just the social side of D1P that makes him act out. 

D1P does have a specific brand of opinions, usually correct ones, but I get the wanting to go off when everyone is disagreeing with you. I've had my moments and if it isn't about video games(where I'll rant and rave to my heart's content), I tend to keep to keep that stuff to myself these day as I get giga mad.

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

I wonder if I really exist!

You don't.

I'm the only real person.

Everyone else is AI made to make me assume the world is real. 

It is why I don't get out much. 

The world doesn't want me to because the rest of the world would have to be loaded in and actually exist for me to exist there.

Every event and history has been fabricated to make me think this is a living breathing world.

I am alone in a fake world. 

adam weishaupt illuminati GIF

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No, I’m almost certain he did. I don’t know why anyone would doubt that part about him. 

His invocation of the story is always rather convenient for the occasion 

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OK - that's just about enough of this particular line of discussion.

Thank you very much.

Listen. I tried to steer this lunacy into pizza territory so keep that in mind for some brownie point if I ever snap and go on some unhinged, ban-worthy rant at any point

:derp:

• Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OK - that's just about enough of this particular line of discussion.

He's on "holiday" from the boards for a few days, so let's just move on, shall we?

It's Hawaiian pizza.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You hate pineapple on pizza that much?

It's Hawaiian pizza