Rumor: PS+ Essential lineup for November has leaked via Dealabs - Nioh 2 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection - Heavenly Bodies

Brian

30 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If it were day and date on PS Premium, I'd be tempted to. As it stands right now though, I'm perfectly fine with waiting until I get a PS5. By the time I do, Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, and others should be seeing price drops or discount sales, or be on the service.

I don’t mind still playing cross-gen games on PS4 right now just as long as they’re not totally gimped, because I want to play them sooner rather than later and I know that I won’t be getting a PS5 anytime soon. I already waited four years to play God of War: Ragnarok, so I don’t want to wait a couple of more which I would have to do if I waited to play it on PS5. But perhaps you plan on getting a PS5 sooner, so that’s cool. I did get Horizon Forbidden West for PS4 when it came out, and it looks and performs really good. I expect God of War: Ragnarok to do the same since it’s also a Sony first party game.

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I don’t mind still playing cross-gen games on PS4 right now just as long as they’re not totally gimped, because I want to play them sooner rather than later and I know that I won’t be getting a PS5 anytime soon. I already waited four years to play God of War: Ragnarok, so I don’t want to wait a couple of more which I would have to do if I waited to play it on PS5. But perhaps you plan on getting a PS5 sooner, so that’s cool. I did get Horizon Forbidden West for PS4 when it came out, and it looks and performs really good. I expect God of War: Ragnarok to do the same since it’s also a Sony first party game.

Yea, GOW will be fine on PS4. I will love to see what advantages the PS5 provides honestly.

Sounds like you two are already setting yourselves up for a night. ;)

Seriously though Spork, I don’t know why me disagreeing with you edges you so much.  It’s not to be contrarian, it’s because I don’t share your perspective on this and have fun commenting in an open forum.  In this case, I don’t think Sony should need to get on the level of Games Pass’ offerings with the price differential.  

You can disagree.  That’s fine.  But man, the way you continually try to reframe an argument into whataboutisms when corrected on facts is something else.  Don’t be surprised when I, or anyone else, keeps replying to you when you go there.  You’re asking the questions.

Anyways, enjoy yourself.

• Hugs 1

I know what @crispy4000 is saying, but I also think that just, broadly I guess is the word I would use, there's not really a lot of room for the nuance of what you're saying outside of us weirdos who keep track of this stuff as close as we do. 

As far as most people are concerned, Game Pass and Sony's whatever it's called service are absolutely competing services and I think Sony positions itself broadly to be like hell yeah this is our game pass and then when someone points out yeah but it sucks then they are more like oh but it's different. 

I have no data and am too lazy to look it up, but I would be willing to bet Sony's services have been very underwhelming for them so far. I should be a prime target for them to go after, I have a PS5 (and have owned every Playstation nearly from day 1), love the back library of the Sony ecosystem, have sat and stared at the offering several times looking for a reason to upgrade and each time I am left going...what utter horse shit this is. And don't get me started on naming conventions, which isn't exclusively a Sony issue but my god. 

35 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Sounds like you two are already setting yourselves up for a night. ;)

Seriously though Spork, I don’t know why me disagreeing with you edges you so much.  It’s not to be contrarian, it’s because I don’t share your perspective on this and have fun commenting in an open forum.  In this case, I don’t think Sony should need to get on the level of Games Pass’ offerings with the price differential.  

lmao @ "edges me", no, not in the least, cuteness :p 

Bruh, you don’t have discussions here, ever:  you want to argue and be “right”, and because of that you argue purely in bad faith. I was nice the past few threads, but JFC. Even the “price difference” is bad faith as your ignoring needing to pay full price for day one games on PS+ vs them being included on GP and the extreme inherent value which that adds. To even attempt to say that two services that are essentially the same idea can’t be compared because of a price difference is just unbelievably dumb and arguing for the sake of arguing. It's not even disagreement, it's just a really fucking dumb contrarian thing to say. I have PS+ Premium for $120/year, I wanted to play Horizon Forbidden West on day one and want to play Ragnarok on day one, that’s another $140 (and before you jump in with "aCtUaLlY!" I'm well aware Horizon came out before the PS Now redesign to the tiered PS+), with GP if I want to play Forza 6 day one, it’s included, I wanted to play Halo Infinite day one, that was also included, I want to play Plague Tale Requiem day one, also included. Ignoring these major things to make the claim that PS+ Premium is a better value is just the worst argument I have seen on these forums, and I've been around for f'n heyyoudvd.

35 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

But man, the way you continually try to reframe an argument into whataboutisms when corrected on facts is something else.  Don’t be surprised when I, or anyone else, keeps replying to you when you go there.  You’re asking the questions.

Firstly, HOOOOOOLY FUCK

Secondly, I was trolling the ever loving shit out of you with that and stated as such.

Thirdly, hey, remember this:

You literally started arguing a strawman on things I said regarding "maybe future versions" as if I was saying it was possible right now. Yeeeeea, but I'm doing whataboutisms.

Oh, hey:

On 10/21/2022 at 2:40 PM, crispy4000 said:

So I don't think you can say definitively say the "base to build off of" aligns with the lowest targeted spec, be that PC minimum or weakest console.  It's more nuanced than that, especially this far into cross-gen.  Some games like Horizon Forbidden West line up better with your view, others like RE Village won't.

Screenshot-2022-10-25-144951.jpg

Sorry, I'm just fact checking. I was told this was okay.

Me saying "screw off" here, isn't from this thread, it's me rolling my eyes at you constantly arguing over the dumbest things imaginable. Many here already ignore you, because it's really sad how badly you want to try and be the smartest guy in the room without knowing much of anything. You couldn't even admit that a developer knows more than you FFS :lol:

Seriously, my guy, I don't know what your actual issue is, but you very much need help. Your goal isn't to have discussions here, it's to argue, that's very clear.

Good luck to you, I hold zero ill will

What was it you said to me, get a hobby?  And that you’re only trolling?

I’m not revisiting any of these arguments with you.  Not at this point.

Also, lol at trying to pull in other threads to continue with them here.  You really can’t stay on topic.  'Whaddabout what you said in this other thread huh?'... I already replied to you there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I know what @crispy4000 is saying, but I also think that just, broadly I guess is the word I would use, there's not really a lot of room for the nuance of what you're saying outside of us weirdos who keep track of this stuff as close as we do. 

As far as most people are concerned, Game Pass and Sony's whatever it's called service are absolutely competing services and I think Sony positions itself broadly to be like hell yeah this is our game pass and then when someone points out yeah but it sucks then they are more like oh but it's different. 

I have no data and am too lazy to look it up, but I would be willing to bet Sony's services have been very underwhelming for them so far. I should be a prime target for them to go after, I have a PS5 (and have owned every Playstation nearly from day 1), love the back library of the Sony ecosystem, have sat and stared at the offering several times looking for a reason to upgrade and each time I am left going...what utter horse shit this is. And don't get me started on naming conventions, which isn't exclusively a Sony issue but my god. 

I think Sony’s marketing has been the biggest to blame. The way they’ve rolled out everything after the first PS+ has been a muddled mess.  The vision has never been there, even when they produce the occasional big budget TV ad for their services.

There’s also the fact that Microsoft’s service is more exciting from a conceptual level.  They could raise the price and people would still be much more excited for it.  That’s what day one first party and better backwards comparability does.  It’s extremely disappointing that Sony hasn’t put in the effort on the latter, especially.

6 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

What was it you said to me, get a hobby?  And that you’re only trolling?

I’m not revisiting any of these arguments with you.  Not at this point.

My hobby is trolling :kiss:

You should get one too :hug:

It’s nice you admit that you were arguing and not actually trying to have a discussion, though

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s nice you admit that you were arguing and not actually trying to have a discussion, though

I wasn’t trying to pick a fight with you, if that’s what you mean by that.  I wanted to have a discussion about what we disagreed on, which yes, would include arguments for/against.

Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary for this board.  Don't take it personally.

10 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I wasn’t trying to pick a fight with you, if that’s what you mean by that.  I wanted to have a discussion about what we disagreed on, which yes, would include arguments for/against.

Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary for this board.  Don't take it personally.

I was absolutely done with this nonsense, but you want to keep this going in DMs

ED1410-D6-4900-4-D16-807-E-BB9-C498-C6-D

Bro :rofl:

You wanting a “discussion”:

Thread title: “What’s your favorite gamecube color?”

User A replying to no one: I always preferred the purple gamecube.

You: There is no purple gamecube.

User A: Huh? Of course there is [inserts picture].

You: No. according to Nintendo it’s indigo, not purple.

User A: I mean, indigo is a shade of purple.

You: While that may technically be true, you’re selectively leaving out that Nintendo officially refers to it as indigo. If they wanted it to be purple they would’ve said as such. You can’t simply call it purple.

The worst of this is that you probably agree with and see no issues with the replies from theoretical you here. :p 

@Spork3245 There was no need to continue this here.  I DM’d you to clarify that this could have been a misunderstanding from the start, keep it there.  Clearly that was a mistake because you really want the optics forward.

This would be a more apt analogy.

You: Nintendo needed to offer what Microsoft did to compete.

Me: The GameCube was $100 cheaper, it didn’t needed to.

You: How could you say the GameCube was a better value than the Xbox? Microsoft had all the 3rd party support and online features.

20 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

@Spork3245 There was no need to continue this here.  I DM’d you to clarify that this could have been a misunderstanding from the start, keep it there.  Clearly that was a mistake because you really want the optics forward.

You want to keep arguing but wanted to keep it out of this thread for your own optics :lol:

I must seriously be in your head for you to DM me hours later and for you to actually go back and guillotine all my replies. Good lord, my dude. :rofl:

20 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

This would be a more apt analogy.

Me: ”The GameCube was cheaper, it didn’t needed to be as powerful to compete with Xbox.”

You: “How could you say the GameCube was a better value than the Xbox? Microsoft had all the 3rd party support and online features.”

Spider Man Lol GIF

You’re literally arguing that two competing services can’t be compared not that they don’t need to be priced the same to compete. JFC :lol: 

I did want to let you know where you were strawmanning me, see if we could avoid things like it in the future. Thought it would be better in a PM, clearly not with you.

BTW, I guillotined those specific replies after you asked what facts were corrected, I told you, then you tried to deflect it being about a different post.

9 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I did want to let you know where you were strawmanning me, see if we could avoid things like it in the future. Thought it would be better in a PM, clearly not with you.

I don’t think you know what a straw man is, as you’re the one saying they’re not competing services based on price. :lol: 
Your DM was solely to continue arguing. Nothing in it was anything other than a continuation of your typical nonsense in every thread you post in.

9 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Btw, I guillotined those specific replies after you asked what facts were corrected, I told you, then you tried to narrow it down to a different post.

No, I didn’t “then try to”, I asked directly about your first reply to me, you then replied with things no one asked about as a red herring. If you only reply to “fact check”, what was your fact checking there in your first reply? And that’s really the thing, your whole schtick is to “correct people” and endlessly argue. I don’t know if this is some persona you’ve created for this forum or what at this point.

31 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don’t think you know what a straw man is, as you’re the one saying they’re not competing services based on price. :lol:

That was not my argument.  Again, you read that in.  I said the price factor meant they didn’t need to offer the same thing to compete.

This is what you do.  Take it or leave it, I’m done cleaning up straw.

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

That was not my argument.  Again, you read that in.  I said the price factor meant they didn’t need to offer the same thing to compete.

This is what you do.  Take it or leave it, I’m done tearing down straw.

Yea, just leave him alone. He is just trolling for lols

• True 1

22 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

This is what you do.  Take it or leave it, I’m done cleaning up straw.

19 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

You're selectively leaving out Gold.

Apples to apples, console to console comparisons should include online gaming fees.

You literally made the argument of value based on “online gaming fees” here. But “cleaning up straw” :rofl:  
And prior you said that you shouldn’t compare the two services because of a price gap lmao :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Spice Gamecube was the best

The Panasonic Gamecube added a DVD player, a remote control, and an LCD screen. You can't really compare them. Nintendo believes that not including a DVD player justifies charging less, but Panasonic went the extra mile. 

• True 1

On 10/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

That is correct. If it were day and date on PS Premium, I'd be tempted to. As it stands right now though, I'm perfectly fine with waiting until I get a PS5. By the time I do, Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, and others should be seeing price drops or discount sales, or be on the service.

This won't help in ANYONE in anyway as usual but I managed to get all the big games for the ps5 for $20-35 from ebay most right after release. All were seal brand new "Disc obviously", Returnal, R&C, Spiderman: MM, Horizon:FW, GT7, Demon Souls, Deathloop, Dying Light 2, and Eldon Ring! Here's the sad part, though all are installed I have 1 hour in EldenRing, and 3 hours in Returnal and that's it! I really need to look into the PS5 Premium Lineup as Gamepass Ultimate has saved me tons of money! I buy almost exclusively from CDKeys.com for PC/Steam keys and that's saved me more than I want to admit filling up the SteamDeck! most games there I've bought are less than 10bucks! Not that I needed help with that because my Steam Backlog is massive as it is! Sad thing is I told myself "No more disc games collections" because of the fire, but here I am thinking I need everything day one or close and that I'll live forever getting around to this growing collection of mine. I may have lost a few 1000 games due to the fire {More like 10,000 easily when factoring in my old console collections} but I've been catching up faster than anyone could've ever predicted. Lost my entire Switch collection because of having all games on cartridge! I was better off not being able to find the damned Series X and PS5 damnit! At least GPU was on sale for 180$ for 2 years. GPU is a fantastic value and keeps me from actively searching for the next Series X game I HAVE TO BUY and not ever get to.

Will for sure download Nioh2 as I liked the first one though of course I never finished it....lol

Currently playing: Super Mega Baseball 3, Skul, and Mad Max on SteamDeck..... 

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

This won't help in ANYONE in anyway as usual but I managed to get all the big games for the ps5 for $20-35 from ebay most right after release. All were seal brand new "Disc obviously", Returnal, R&C, Spiderman: MM, Horizon:FW, GT7, Demon Souls, Deathloop, Dying Light 2, and Eldon Ring! Here's the sad part, though all are installed I have 1 hour in EldenRing, and 3 hours in Returnal and that's it! I really need to look into the PS5 Premium Lineup as Gamepass Ultimate has saved me tons of money! I buy almost exclusively from CDKeys.com for PC/Steam keys and that's saved me more than I want to admit filling up the SteamDeck! most games there I've bought are less than 10bucks! Not that I needed help with that because my Steam Backlog is massive as it is! Sad thing is I told myself "No more disc games collections" because of the fire, but here I am thinking I need everything day one or close and that I'll live forever getting around to this growing collection of mine. I may have lost a few 1000 games due to the fire {More like 10,000 easily when factoring in my old console collections} but I've been catching up faster than anyone could've ever predicted. Lost my entire Switch collection because of having all games on cartridge! I was better off not being able to find the damned Series X and PS5 damnit! At least GPU was on sale for 180$ for 2 years. GPU is a fantastic value and keeps me from actively searching for the next Series X I HAVE TO BUY and not ever get to.

Will for sure download Nioh2 as I liked the first one though of course I never finished it....lol

Currently playing: Super Mega Baseball 3, Skul, and Mad Max on SteamDeck..... 

cdkeys is my ride or die