Rumor: PS+ Essential lineup for November has leaked via Dealabs - Nioh 2 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection - Heavenly Bodies

Brian

The only reason I'm okay with God of War Ragnarok not being day and date is because if it was, I would be tempted to play it on my PotatoStation 4.  At least by the time I manage to get a PS5, most of these new games should be coming to their service. 

I might give Nioh 2 a try, but I haven't even played Nioh yet. I seriously have no desire to play my PS4 anymore. Especially since I got my Series X.

18 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

The only reason I'm okay with God of War Ragnarok not being day and date is because if it was, I would be tempted to play it on my PotatoStation 4.  At least by the time I manage to get a PS5, most of these new games should be coming to their service. 

i really don’t think sony should be held to the same standard as microsoft with throwing everything on game pass. what microsoft is able to do is not always what sony feels they can realistically do and turn a good profit. sure it would be nice, but i don’t think it’s that big of a deal paying 70 dollars for their flagship first party games that everybody wants to play. 

51 minutes ago, johnny said:

I really don’t think sony should be held to the same standard as microsoft

If they're going to have and push a competing service they probably should. :p 

That being said, this is the essentials line-up: the "free" monthly games from OG PS+

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I might give Nioh 2 a try, but I haven't even played Nioh yet. I seriously have no desire to play my PS4 anymore. Especially since I got my Series X.

It's just not going to happen. It's doubtful Sony can afford to give away games day and date.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

i really don’t think sony should be held to the same standard as microsoft with throwing everything on game pass. what microsoft is able to do is not always what sony feels they can realistically do and turn a good profit. sure it would be nice, but i don’t think it’s that big of a deal paying 70 dollars for their flagship first party games that everybody wants to play. 

30 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

And beyond that, what Ash is describing isn't even Microsoft's standard. He's saying at some point down the line Ragnarock will come to their game pass, and maybe it will but bringing out first party games 1 or 2 years after they release isn't Microsoft standard.

8 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

If they were priced similarly, sure.

As it stands, Sony thinks not having first party stuff day 1 translates to a $60-80 cheaper service annually.

Game Pass console-only is $120/year at MSRP and constantly goes on sale (I got two years of Ultimate for about $150 just last year, if I got Xbox or PC only it would've been even cheaper)

PS Plus Extra is $99/year

PS Plus Premium is $120/year

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

And beyond that, what Ash is describing isn't even Microsoft's standard. He's saying at some point down the line Ragnarock will come to their game pass, and maybe it will but bringing out first party games 1 or 2 years after they release isn't Microsoft standard.

I thought his point was that he doesn't want to play it on PS4. :nottalking:

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Game Pass console-only is $120/year at MSRP and constantly goes on sale (I got two years of Ultimate for about $150 just last year, if I got Xbox or PC only it would've been even cheaper)

PS Plus Extra is $99/year

PS Plus Premium is $120/year

You're selectively leaving out Gold.

Apples to apples, console to console comparisons should include online gaming fees.

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What? If you have game pass gold is included.

Only with Ultimate.

Can I play multiplayer games with Games Pass?

Depending on the game, yes—though for multiplayer you need either Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or a subscription to Xbox Live Gold (sold separately).

SUPPORT.XBOX.COM

Just now, crispy4000 said:

That's part of a larger library comparison discussion on what's worth the money.  Sony counteracted with Ubisoft+ Classics, but got the worse end of the bargain there IMO.

Ah, so we're selectively ignoring the $100/year cost of EA Play, then?

• Guillotine 1

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, so we're ignoring $50/year? Interesting... :thinking:

First off... holy shifting goal posts!

Second, EA Play is $30 a year, not $50.

Lastly, there is no Ubisoft+ Classics tier sold indepdently, so a direct comparison isn't really possible.  Even though I've already told you I think Games Pass subscribers get the better deal with EA by comparison.  So why continue down this rabbit hole?

Just now, crispy4000 said:

First off... holy shifting goal posts!

42 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

As it stands, Sony thinks not having first party stuff day 1 translates to a $60-80 cheaper service annually.

How much does a Sony game cost at launch vs an MSFT game? :silly:

8 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I don't see anything wrong with fact checking when needed.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

That being said, this is the essentials line-up: the "free" monthly games from OG PS+

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

What are you "fact checking"?

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

The only reason I'm okay with God of War Ragnarok not being day and date is because if it was, I would be tempted to play it on my PotatoStation 4.

I think that God of War: Ragnarok is going to look and run pretty good on PS4, the first game did and Ragnarok is using the same engine and a lot of the same assets.

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I might give Nioh 2 a try, but I haven't even played Nioh yet.

You don’t need to play Nioh to play Nioh 2, because it’s not a sequel with the same character. It’s a new story, and you create your own character.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I thought his point was that he doesn't want to play it on PS4. :nottalking:

That is correct. If it were day and date on PS Premium, I'd be tempted to. As it stands right now though, I'm perfectly fine with waiting until I get a PS5. By the time I do, Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, and others should be seeing price drops or discount sales, or be on the service.

• True 1