Nvidia 4xxx Series - The Official Perennially Disappointing Hunt for More Power!

Mr.Vic20

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

But y’all sound like fanboys :p

Nope, Nvidia are scum! I just like to go fast and their tech is verifiably the fastest. Its an empirical fact, not an opinion. If AMD or Intel, or Jim bob for that matter made a faster card with more features, I'd be running their gear in 1 second. I'm a digital mercenary! :sun:

5 minutes ago, Brian said:

But y’all sound like fanboys :p

Difference between talking about tech and wanting high tech toys and supporting a brand to the point of lying about things and ignoring all reality regarding actual performance/features! I’m pretty sure everyone here would have no issues switching to AMD if thintd changed and they were the ones with a product like the 4090/dlss3.

• Hugs 1

On the CPU front, be aware that AMD is releasing their Zen 4 v-cache models Q1 2023. I think the announcement will be in January. They will beat Intel's chips in gaming with ease. On certain games, they will dominate Intel and AMD's regular Zen 4 because of the extra cache. We already see that with the 5800x3d in certain games beating AMD and Intel's latest. Plus if you shell out the extra money, you'll have a socket that will last till at least Zen 6. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

On the CPU front, be aware that AMD is releasing their Zen 4 v-cache models Q1 2023. I think the announcement will be in January. They will beat Intel's chips in gaming with ease. On certain games, they will dominate Intel and AMD's regular Zen 4 because of the extra cache. We already see that with the 5800x3d in certain games beating AMD and Intel's latest. Plus if you shell out the extra money, you'll have a socket that will last till at least Zen 6. 

These are main reason I'm holding out till next year

• Like 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

@stepeethe update for MS Flight Simulator took from the time of you replying to me until now to finish. JFC. 100+gb update on top of a 110gb game. Also I needed to go into Windows Display -> Graphics Setting -> Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling set to On.

Yes, you need that on for all DLSS3, which kinda sucks because moonlight doesn’t play nice with it so I have to switch back and forth now, good thing pc reboots take like 20 seconds these days. 

And lol yeah the download took forevvvvvvver for me too, not just the size, slow even for its size. Worth it.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Yes, you need that on for all DLSS3, which kinda sucks because moonlight doesn’t play nice with it so I have to switch back and forth now, good thing pc reboots take like 20 seconds these days. 

And lol yeah the download took forevvvvvvver for me too, not just the size, slow even for its size. Worth it.

I don't remember what I was getting with my 3080 (I don't think I booted it up with my 3080 Ti tbh) but I remember it being barely 40-ish fps to keep VRR going and it was mostly low and medium settings, I think I even had it set to sub-4k resolution to keep it above 40. Now everything is set to max + 4k and it was mostly around 90fps with some random drops down to the about 57-60 before going right back to 90+ (I guess this is a DLSS bug since it's in beta?).

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don't remember what I was getting with my 3080 (I don't think I booted it up with my 3080 Ti tbh) but I remember it being barely 40-ish fps to keep VRR going and it was mostly low and medium settings, I think I even had it set to sub-4k resolution to keep it above 40. Now everything is set to max + 4k and it was mostly around 90fps with some random drops down to the about 57-60 before going right back to 90+ (I guess this is a DLSS bug since it's in beta?).

That sounds right for my experience on 3080, i think I did 80% scale mid/low to hit 40s lol - seriously like jumping up a generation.

Don’t worry, every time the software updates it resets the card back to default and deletes anything you have set. It's super awesome that way.

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

The default hardware lighting is better than ANY of the mystic light options. The default is a rainbow wave using, I assume, basically all possible colors; the wave in Mystic Light only cycles between three… AND ONCE YOU SELECT A MYSTIC LIGHT PROFILE THERE’S NO WAY TO GO BACK TO THE HARDWARE DEFAULT ONE.

@Mr.Vic20can you run the Deus Ex:MKD bench at 4k with 4x MSAA for me, please? Make sure to manually set everything to max in the graphics options as, iirc, it’s one of those games where the ultra preset doesn’t actually max everything (it may just be anisotropic filtering doesn’t go to 16x?).

I’m curious to see if we have similar results since we have the same card vs @stepee’s Zotac

Lmao both the new Intel 13xxx and AMD Ryzen 7xxx CPUs are already seeing price cuts and discounts. I’m seeing the 7xxx series going for about $50-100 off and closer to $100 off across the board for 13xxx (13900k is $570 at Microcenter -  AMD 7900x & 7950x $500 and $650 via some eBay store fronts)

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@Mr.Vic20can you run the Deus Ex:MKD bench at 4k with 4x MSAA for me, please? Make sure to manually set everything to max in the graphics options as, iirc, it’s one of those games where the ultra preset doesn’t actually max everything (it may just be anisotropic filtering doesn’t go to 16x?).

I’m curious to see if we have similar results since we have the same card vs @stepee’s Zotac

OK, ran it with everything maxed in 4K and got the following:

Av 100.4

Min 70.0

Max 122.0

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Ryzen 5900x, 32gb DDR4, RTX 4090

You’re literally getting nearly 2x mine and @stepee’s framerate with 4x MSAA at 4k. That’s around what I get with 2x MSAA at 4k

Hmmm, that can't be right then, let me look again and see if I've got the MSAA set correctly! 

Edit: Jesus, does this game have enouigh intro splash screens?! 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Hmmm, that can't be right then, let me look again and see if I've got the MSAA set correctly! 

Edit: Jesus, does this game have enouigh intro splash screens?! 

Oh, you can check from the launcher. There should be a menu for “options” off of the launcher, similar to Shadow of the Tomb Raider. MSAA is under “display” settings and not in the graphics option 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, you can check from the launcher. There should be a menu for “options” off of the launcher, similar to Shadow of the Tomb Raider. MSAA is under “display” settings and not in the graphics option 

Got it! Those were 2x MSAA numbers, with 4x enabled I'm getting:

ave: 52.7

min: 34.4

max: 67

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Got it! Those were 2x MSAA numbers, with 4x enabled I'm getting:

ave: 52.7

min: 34.4

max: 67

Okay, whew, that’s about the same as me with margin of error in account (I think mine was 50-53-something? I’m at the gym on mobile between sets right now so I’m not flipping back pages to check :p ); you had me worried something was seriously wrong with my system lmao.
 @stepeeseems to pulling almost 10% higher than us, though. @stepeedo you have anisotropic filtering at 16x or the default 8x?

• Halal 1

19 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@stepeethe update for MS Flight Simulator took from the time of you replying to me until now to finish. JFC. 100+gb update on top of a 110gb game. Also I needed to go into Windows Display -> Graphics Setting -> Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling set to On.

Game is a huge one. 150GB last time I DL'ed before updates. Gonna get another SSD and the 7800Xt or better before I download it again. A benefit of setting up a dedicated desk for my PC is said desk can have all my accessories on it. So more flight/space sims incoming.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Okay, whew, that’s about the same as me with margin of error in account (I think mine was 50-53-something? I’m at the gym on mobile between sets right now so I’m not flipping back pages to check :p ); you had me worried something was seriously wrong with my system lmao.
 @stepeeseems to pulling almost 10% higher than us, though. @stepeedo you have anisotropic filtering at 16x or the default 8x?

I believe I tried to push everything to its highest limit but I’m going to double check all the settings and run this in a bit to confirm there isn’t some funny business going on, I feel I must have missed something now - @Mr.Vic20did you run in dx11 or dx12?

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

I believe I tried to push everything to its highest limit but I’m going to double check all the settings and run this in a bit to confirm there isn’t some funny business going on, I feel I must have missed something now - @Mr.Vic20did you run in dx11 or dx12?

DX12! 

I did have ao and something else I forget not fully max, I checked under each option to make sure it’s max now and on Dx11 I got 54.8/42.5/68.6 

DX12: 52.2/9(!)/65.1

About the same, there is a hitch in DX12 now and it send me that I can’t run the game at these settings after the benchmark then closes! Seems DX12 is indeed still messed up, or maybe I need to get that psu in today (I should this afternoon!)