Nvidia 4xxx Series - The Official Perennially Disappointing Hunt for More Power!

Mr.Vic20

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@stepeecould you do me a favor and run the Forza Horizon 5 benchmark at max settings in 4k + another gamepass game and/or shadow of the tomb raider if you have it? I’m just trying to see the difference, if any, between our CPUs. Pls screenshot the benchmark results for this old utensil. :santasun:

Ill check later today! I believe your cpu is better than mine for gaming though, so if you were trying to figure out if you should upgrade or not I don’t think mine will help :P

57 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ill check later today! I believe your cpu is better than mine for gaming though, so if you were trying to figure out if you should upgrade or not I don’t think mine will help :P

Oh, yea, I know mine is better, it’s a 5900x which tends to outperform even the 5800x3D at 4k :p  (They wind up trading blows of around 1-2%, but the minimum fps is typically significantly higher on the 5900x)

I’m just trying to see how much a difference 10850k vs a 5900x makes at 4k :santasun:

23 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, yea, I know mine is better, it’s a 5900x which tends to outperform even the 5800x3D at 4k :p  (They wind up trading blows of around 1-2%, but the minimum fps is typically significantly higher on the 5900x)

I’m just trying to see how much a difference 10850k vs a 5900x makes at 4k :santasun:

Oo forgot to tell you DLSS is amazing. I used it on Rise of the Tomb Raider on my 3060. It's so close to native I only notice it's not cuz of ghosting I think it's called at times. Borderline tempted to go team green.

FSR isn't bad though. Been trying it out on the OXP. It's not as good I imagine and it's worse then native but ya the 6800u can't run Elden Ring at med 1200p so better then nothing. I find it works alot better if you pick a higher resolution. The step before 1080p looks alot better then 720p. I even tried FSR1 in Warhammer 3 and similar results. Forgot what the step before 5120 by 1440p.

• Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Oo forgot to tell you DLSS is amazing. I used it on Rise of the Tomb Raider on my 3060. It's so close to native I only notice it's not cuz of ghosting I think it's called at times. Borderline tempted to go team green.

FSR isn't bad though. Been trying it out on the OXP. It's not as good I imagine and it's worse then native but ya the 6800u can't run Elden Ring at med 1200p so better then nothing. I find it works alot better if you pick a higher resolution. The step before 1080p looks alot better then 720p. I even tried FSR1 in Warhammer 3 and similar results. Forgot what the step before 5120 by 1440p.

The newest FSR is good enough where I’m not sure you’d notice the difference vs native in the highest quality mode, HOWEVER, that also depends on what resolution you’re playing it. With DLSS at 4k you can go down to performance before it starts becoming arguably not as good as native, but at 1080p you shouldn’t go below quality IMO. The AA it provides is great too :santasun:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

FSR is still a decent sacrifice even on quality - DLSS is better than native often in Quality and still a wash at balanced. What makes dlss magic is just how it seems like the performance truly is “free”.

• Like 1

Speaking of FSR and BTW @Spork3245 @Mr.Vic20 you guys check out Fortnite? The new update just came out with full UE 5.1 support. DLSS is broken but the 4090 is still crushing it native at 60+ maxed 4k with fsr on quality - but soon we will get dlss back of course.

BUT it looks fucking incredible. Yes, fortnite. It’s now one of the best looking things out there it’s pretty nuts.

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

Speaking of FSR and BTW @Spork3245 @Mr.Vic20 you guys check out Fortnite? The new update just came out with full UE 5.1 support. DLSS is broken but the 4090 is still crushing it native at 60+ maxed 4k with fsr on quality - but soon we will get dlss back of course.

BUT it looks fucking incredible. Yes, fortnite. It’s now one of the best looking things out there it’s pretty nuts.

Pics?

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

People still play FortNite?

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

That's kind oif wild. I don't really go in for those kinds of games, but I guess I can check it out just to experience Nanite and lumin. 

19 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

That's kind oif wild. I don't really go in for those kinds of games, but I guess I can check it out just to experience Nanite and lumin. 

I think the first bits you play are against bots and it essentially lets you win - so it works decently as a demo!

• Thanks 1

The minimal pop in when parachuting down is very impressive as well, can’t show that in a screen!

@best3444 on consoles it runs on “high” settings as opposed to epic on pc, epic settings are what are used on the Matrix demo on console - but this is showing Unreal 5.1 on consoles specced for 60fps

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

The minimal pop in when parachuting down is very impressive as well, can’t show that in a screen!

@best3444 on consoles it runs on “high” settings as opposed to epic on pc, epic settings are what are used on the Matrix demo on console - but this is showing Unreal 5.1 on consoles specced for 60fps

Awesome. Is there a demo of this?

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

@best3444 to have it run the RT and all make sure you turn off 120hz mode in settings on the console itself or it will default to that which doesn’t have all the features you want to check out 

Ok. I never checked for 120hz mode on my PS5. I'll check tonight. Thanks for the heads up. 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

This made me laugh from the digital trends portal review: “With the RTX 3070, I averaged 1.9 frames per second (fps) with DLSS turned off at 1440p”

my goodness

I'm gonna go back to sleep on RT with the odd yolo moments to see how it runs. I imagine Portal has never looked better atleast.

V8a6nXw.jpeg?fb
IMGUR.COM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

@Spork3245 

Tomb Raider is native 4k no dlss, I was legit surprised how high it was with no dlss lol this thing is crazy 

First Forza one is with 2x msaa second is with lol 8x msaa running better than it has any right to

But there you can see it cpu bound (2x msaa) and gpu bound (8x msaa)

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, stepee said:
V8a6nXw.jpeg?fb
IMGUR.COM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

@Spork3245 

Tomb Raider is native 4k no dlss, I was legit surprised how high it was with no dlss lol this thing is crazy 

First Forza one is with 2x msaa second is with lol 8x msaa running better than it has any right to

But there you can see it cpu bound (2x msaa) and gpu bound (8x msaa)

Thank you :santasun:

• Hugs 1

Just now, TwinIon said:

While I'm happy that the 4080 is getting a price cut, I'm also a bit surprised considering it seems they still can't keep them in stock. I haven't been actively trying for a new graphics card, but every time I've pulled up a page they've all been sold out.

Huh, wonder what happened. I looked before out of curiosity and could just see some sitting around on Best Buy and Newegg, not anymore. Best I can see is you can go “only” $150 over msrp and get one on Amazon. Maybe just rich people shopping for Xmas.

I wonder what the heck the hold up for dlss3 is on CP. Well, I guess they are waiting for the new RT mode to be ready, but that’s dumb. I keep seeing benches with it still which is getting annoying since it’s obviously ready.

Its funny how there was that story for a minute back in October with the person who got dlss3 working on a 2070 in CP, considering it’s still not out. Probably should have picked a game that had it available to the public to make that up for.