Nvidia 4xxx Series - The Official Perennially Disappointing Hunt for More Power!

Mr.Vic20

Reviews are out today folks and the hunt begins in ernest tomorrow morning! Here is where the the weeps of anguish and the whoops of adulation may transpire! The road is long, but remember this, its also poorly maintened and there are few rest stops along its length! :sun:

LNrPwhZuQifyBuqD4wKfRV-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

You're sure going to be glad you didn't buy an RTX 3090 Ti in the past seven months.

The RTX 4090 is everything you would want from an ultra high-end graphics card. It makes the previous top card of the last generation look limp by comparison, brings unseen new technology to gamers, and almost justifies its cost by the sheer weight of silicon and brushed aluminium used in its construction.

It's the very epitome of that Titan class of GPU; all raw power and top-end pricing.

Which would be fine if it had launched on the back of a far more affordable introduction to the new Ada Lovelace architecture. But that's something we're not likely to see until the dawn of 2023 at the earliest. The 2022 Ada lineup starts at $899, and that too is prohibitively expensive for the majority of PC gamers.

There's no denying it is an ultra-niche ultra-enthusiast card, and that almost makes the RTX 4090 little more than a reference point for most of us PC gamers. We're then left counting the days until Ada descends to the pricing realm of us mere mortals.

In itself, however, the RTX 4090 is an excellent graphics card and will satisfy the performance cravings of every person who could ever countenance spending $1,600 on a new GPU.

That's whether they're inconceivably well-heeled gamers, or content creators not willing to go all-in on a Quadro card. And it will deservedly sell, because there's no other GPU that can come near it right now.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Fuck Yeah GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

My cable management still sucks even with a case designed for it. It now waits for a Radeon 7800/7900/7950XT. Gotta build the PG Unleashed Gundam so I guess I can put it on top of or near the case.

Edit: This upgrade cost me more then anticipated I think my 5800x died. Wouldn't boot on my gigabyte mobo or an Asus one I got for testing. 5800x and x3ds are sold out so I went for a 7950x in the mean time. I realized I can use Best Buy gift cards I earn at work for PC stuff so I probably will still get a 3d chip. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

They took the site down or it just lost relevance with the shift to youtube?

It's barely updated with new tech reviews. They are largely behind. I f'n hate "video reviews" of tech like CPUs and GPUs. I want to read through benchmarks and not hear the reviewers whiney bias :p 

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

WTF how? Where?

Canada Computers had preorders up last week for a few hours. Think it was a mistake and they weren't supposed to. It also showed store stock for each store. I don't think stock will be an issue. My store has 10+ of this model. For reference they got 3 3080s total on launch day. spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

Canada Computers had preorders up last week for a few hours. Think it was a mistake and they weren't supposed to. It also showed store stock for each store. I don't think stock will be an issue. My store has 10+ of this model. For reference they got 3 3080s total on launch day. spacer.png

Angry Kevin Costner GIF by Yellowstone

• Haha 1