Dahmer Series On Netflix by Ryan Murphy

20 hours ago, Biggie said:

Some of the victim family members have said the show has opened up painful wounds from the past. But fuck them, as long as you get to eat your pop corn. 

I will remind you history has a bad habit of repeating itself stories like this being treated in a serious manner need to be told so people don't forget and know what to look out for in future events.

28 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That popped up in my feed too... No way I was watching that after seeing it protrayed in the film.

Yeah they do a good job of humanizing his parents ESPECIALLY his father. I forget that actor's name but he's great in everything I've ever seen him in. My only critique of the series is that it kinda fizzles at the end. Like it could have been one or two episodes shorter than it was.

Richard Jenkins 

Dude is a hell of a supporting actor and is damn good in this.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, DPCyric said:

I will remind you history has a bad habit of repeating itself stories like this being treated in a serious manner need to be told so people don't forget and know what to look out for in future events.

I'm sure people watching Netflix are going to be educated on how to spot a serial killer due to this show. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

I personally consider American society's interest (bordering on obsession) in serial killers and the true crime genre to be silly at best, if not prurient.

However, if this series is truly focusing on the victims and law enforcement's lack of interest in pursuing their cases because they came from marginalized segments of society, then that in itself is worthy of consideration.

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I personally consider American society's interest (bordering on obsession) in serial killers and the true crime genre to be silly at best, if not prurient.

However, if this series is truly focusing on the victims and law enforcement's lack of interest in pursuing their cases because they came from marginalized segments of society, then that in itself is worthy of consideration.

It does a good job of not showcasing him as some super predator. He is portrayed as a vile disgusting human being but in doing so the show doesnt shy away from his acts. It also does a wonderful job of recreating that time period, homes are a mush of yellow and brown and you can almost smell the cigarette smoke.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

9 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There's an episode that Dahmer is barely even in that is about a black deaf gay man and a decent portion of that episode is completely silent to show you how the world is viewed from that character's perspective. THAT is the kind of series this is. Like somone said earlier, Dahmer is not portrayed as Dexter or Hannibal Lechter. Oftentimes, he's a background character in this series.

I started watching this, mostly so I could participate in The Discourse, but I only lasted about 5 minutes before  turning it off, thinking “there’s no way I’m going to spend 10 episodes with this fucking guy”. True crime as a genre is something I’ve really lost interest in lately. If it’s someone running large scams or a cult or some shit like that, I might still be interested, but I’ve had my fill of real life killers. 

7 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I watched the first two episodes and then noped out. I just feel gross when watching it, which I know is kind of the point, but I just... nope.

I'm not usually bothered by gore and torture scenes but when he

drilled a hole in the guys head and put acid in there......ughh.

The thought of going through that is more scary to me than someone being out right murdered.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:
DAHMER-Psychological-Impact-of-Consuming
WWW.WIRED.COM

From 'Serial' to Netflix's Jeffrey Dahmer series, it's time to think about what pop culture's fascination with murder cases does to viewers—and victims.

@Commissar SFLUFAN

While Coccio eventually left the subreddit, many others stayed. Dawn Cecil, a criminology professor at the University of South Florida and author of Fear, Justice & Modern True Crime, says that many who engage with true crime forums have “good intentions of wanting to help solve a crime or find a missing person”; some also want to draw attention to miscarriages of justice and question the effectiveness of the criminal justice system.

Still, Cecil warns that true crime forums can become echo chambers that feed fear or buttress preexisting beliefs. Consuming true crime, as she details in her book, can also skew people’s perception of crime and reinforce stereotypes.

Not surprised in the least by that in the least!

I don't know much about him other than that he was a serial killer and there's a ton of info in this thread I didn't know. I probably won't watch cause I'm not into that type of scares/gore. I like some horror but more spooky evil ghosts than brutal murderer. I knew some dudes that loved going to those murder websites that showed decapitations and stuff, I don't need to see people suffer like that. Still I appreciate that it exists and don't know why conservatives are going all high and mighty over this show as if it's some sick perversion yet they love passion of the Christ. 

• 1 month later...
DAHMER_108_Unit_00566RC.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

The only other series to do so are Squid Game and Stranger Things 4

Lotta sick people out there...

:troll: