Do you have any irrational fears?

Fizzzzle

Like, a fear of spiders is a rational fear. A fear of heights is a rational fear.

This came up because I recently did a job where I was cleaning stained glass windows on a 3 story building and I was the only one who isn't afraid of heights, so I was the one who went up the ladders.

Then I mentioned I'm afraid of gum. Or I guess "afraid" isn't the word, but basically I have dreams every night where my jaws get stuck with chewing gum and I get kind of uneasy when I see people chewing gum. And I definitely never want it anywhere near my mouth. I actually have a physical response when I see someone chewing gum. I get all clammy and my jaw tenses up.

Do you have anything that is an irrational fear or makes you anxious for a stupid reason?

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm scared of spiders, centipedes, public speaking, and heights. 

All rational.

I suppose claustrophobia is an irrational fear. Like, the odds of a tunnel collapsing on you is really low.

I suppose I'm not afraid of a lot of the things I should be, but I think that has to do with the fact that I'm not afraid to do die.

I'm just afraid of gum.

9 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

All rational.

I suppose claustrophobia is an irrational fear. Like, the odds of a tunnel collapsing on you is really low.

I suppose I'm not afraid of a lot of the things I should be, but I think that has to do with the fact that I'm not afraid to do die.

I'm just afraid of gum.

I didn't really pay attention to the thread title. I forgot to add I'm severely claustrophobic so there is my irrational fear. 

I think i have an irrational fear of getting injured or seeing someone get injured.  I remember being younger and my dad saying how one day he stepped up on to a high porch and tore the meniscus in his knee.  I remember thinking to myself "it can be that easy!??".  Other times if I see people lifting really heavy weights I'm always thinking the worst that might happen if a weight slips or something.

It doesn't stop me from doing anything. It's more of a mental struggle.

50 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve got a number of irrational fears that i’d like to share with you.

Is it when Best starts a new game and loves it and praises it as one of the best games ever made and then turns around 48 hours later saying it’s dog shit and he is deleting it?

• Haha 1

Something in line with the OP but maybe not as dumb and I believe I've told this story before.

I don't really like cool ranch Doritos. Not because of the taste but because when I was a kid I had a loose tooth and a cool ranch dorito got caught in the loose tooth and it was painful. But I'll eat the nacho cheese ones with no issues.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Does this mean you would not find lamias sexy?

You'll make Miia sad.

Reveal hidden contents

While I respect snakes role in nature, I genuinely do not enjoy being around them. The only thing worse than snakes themselves are people that are REALLY into snakes, as they tend to be "Extreme" or "Edge lord" types and that stops being fun when you pass the age of 16. This is not always true of course, but is a general truism I've learned through my many travels. Mind you, this applies to the continental US, as in other cultures, they live much closer to serpents and therefore have a different cultural response to them. 

14 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

While I respect snakes role in nature, I genuinely do not enjoy being around them. The only thing worse than snakes themselves are people that are REALLY into snakes, as they tend to be "Extreme" or "Edge lord" types and that stops being fun when you pass the age of 16. This is not always true of course, but is a general truism I've learned through my many travels. Mind you, this applies to the continental US, as in other cultures, they live much closer to serpents and therefore have a different cultural response to them. 

Why did @Bacon answer my question better than you? 🤔