The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

28 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I’m a fan of the Gerudo too. I love their lore, them being responsible for Ganon, one male every 100 years and they become the defacto leader. They have the most interesting lore of any race.

I've always found the Zora interesting. There are two evolutions of the race in the Zelda series and it's all based on unknown events sometime after the Imprisoning War that led to the Zora turning against Hylians and slowly becoming evil. I'd assume it was just a retcon of an old enemy race into allies, but then ALBW came out and confirmed there was some sort of civil war among the Zora and the ones that moved away from Zora's Domain slowly became more monster-like and territorial.

• Halal 1

On 5/26/2023 at 12:52 AM, Ghost_MH said:

Once you dig into those glyphs, it's really hard to not just plow through them all.

yup its what accelerated me uncovering the map… in hindsight I perhaps shouldnt have done it that way, or perhaps the game should have doled out that information in increments.. I guess they dont cause it contradicts the “freedom” of the game

51 minutes ago, Brick said:

What are some good things to fuse to shields? Fusing things to weapons increases their attack power, but fusing things to shields doesn't increase their defense, so what should I be fusing to them? 

Bombs, mushrooms, rockets for getting to ledges. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

What are some good things to fuse to shields? Fusing things to weapons increases their attack power, but fusing things to shields doesn't increase their defense, so what should I be fusing to them? 

Flame emitters or other offensive zonai devices are fun, rockets for if you need to go up high (the rocket breaks on one use, shield stays intact), you can put a shield on another shield and that shield will absorb impact until it’s worn out then you’ll still have the first shield, if you’re in a cold area you can put a block of ice on one and use it as a better surf-board, you can put a glider on it, you can put a cart on it too

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Have any of you guys used any guides or YouTube to figure things out? I've had to get help on occasions which I hate but some of this stuff can be difficult. 

Every time I’m stuck it’s almost always because I forgot about ascend :sadsun:

• True 3
  • Hugs 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Have any of you guys used any guides or YouTube to figure things out? I've had to get help on occasions which I hate but some of this stuff can be difficult. 

YouTube is great if you get stuck. No shame in your game. 

• True 1

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m 10 hours in and only done 14 shrines. I just keep getting distracted by the world. 

Also been playing TLOU2, so that’s kept me from going crazy with Zelda. 

Husband is like 90 hours in and hasn’t beaten it, though he said he should on this extended weekend. 

90 hrs?? Pfft. He's still got like 200+ hrs lol

• True 1

Well, I finished the main quest “beat” the game.. I just hit this narrative momentum point where I felt pushed to see it out.. theres something in the structure of how the narrative quest works where it feels like filler busywork (its not a continuous feel but you know it when youre in it) doesnt matter the curiosity just thrusts you forward…

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Until a few days before it releases and you will be on board. I remember you not looking forward to Zelda and then magically were on its balls in time for release. :fap:

Don’t think so. I’ve tried to like the whole FF thing and it just doesn’t click for me. On a side note. 28 shrines. 2 full wheels of stamina. 7 hearts. Feels good bruh. 

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Don’t think so. I’ve tried to like the whole FF thing and it just doesn’t click for me. On a side note. 28 shrines. 2 full wheels of stamina. 7 hearts. Feels good bruh. 

I think I'm kinda the same with your numbers which doesn't make sense since you're like 20 hours ahead of me?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think I'm kinda the same with your numbers which doesn't make sense since you're like 20 hours ahead of me?

Cause I explore a lot and I mean a lot. Also talk to everyone and do every new side quest. Sometimes I play for hours and do nothing but wander. 

Just now, Biggie said:

Cause I explore a lot and I mean a lot. Also talk to everyone and do every new side quest. Sometimes I play for hours and do nothing but wander. 

Ok, makes sense. I agree that aimlessly wandering can make you feel like a kid again on a great adventure. 

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

theres something in the structure of how the narrative quest works where it feels like filler busywork (its not a continuous feel but you know it when youre in it) doesnt matter the curiosity just thrusts you forward…

Just like dating in high school.

15 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea YouTube is quick and easy. I used it a few times. 

No, never. I haven't used any help at all other than to  get an approximate location of where a specific piece of armor was located.

Looking things up defeats the entire purpose of a game like this. If you need to do that then feel free to do so but you'll enjoy the game much more if you figure things out on your own. there are plenty of contextual clues that should tip you off to the solution. Example: the name of the challenge in a shrine is always a major hint at how the puzzle within will be solved. 

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, thedarkstark said:

No, never. I haven't used any help at all other than to  get an approximate location of where a specific piece of armor was located.

Looking things up defeats the entire purpose of a game like this. If you need to do that then feel free to do so but you'll enjoy the game much more if you figure things out on your own. there are plenty of contextual clues that should tip you off to the solution. Example: the name of the challenge in a shrine is always a major hint at how the puzzle within will be solved. 

I figure most things out on my own. However, if I'm stomped for too long I'll look it up. No shame for me because I'm a moron. :(

My favorite missions are the ones I’ve accidentally completed already before they’re given to me.

Josha wanted me to find a temple underground using the statues as a guide. Whoops, sorry kiddo, already did it and got the Auto-Build.

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, MarSolo said:

My favorite missions are the ones I’ve accidentally completed already before they’re given to me.

Josha wanted me to find a temple underground using the statues as a guide. Whoops, sorry kiddo, already did it and got the Auto-Build.

Question related to this I had played like 50 hours before I got to that part and didnt encounter 

Spoiler

The Yiga Clan

before that part and was kind of bummed thinking they wouldn't be in this game. Was it just a coincidence/luck that I never ran into them before that sequence? Because since then I now see them constantly.