I’m going to miss you Buddy 😢

silentbob

spacer.png

H8qXmcB.jpg

Today is a sad day me and the family as we had to say goodby to our very good boy, Buddy after almost 11yrs. Last year we had a couple cancerous growth removed from his right shoulder, and a few months later another spot appeared on his side. We got Fozzie Bear in hopes to keep him going and we got 13 more months from him. Sadly a few weeks ago his stomach started to look bloated and had only gotten worse since then. Yesterday he had an accident in the house and then another this morning. He’s been panting a lot and never seem to find a comfortable spot to rest. Fozzie tries to get him moving and did a great job in doing that, but even he was staying closer to Buddy the past few days. (Closer then usual) Couldn’t take him to our vet because we have a civic holiday in Ontario today. Might of been for the better because the vet offices still have Covid restrictions in place, same with emergency clinic where we took him. So looked him over first, agreed with us that it was time, then they asked if we wanted to say our goodbyes when they put him down. Mom and I said we did. They asked if we wanted it done inside, back door the clinic with our masks on, or they could administer the drug outside for us. It was perfect weather, lite breeze, and under some shady trees. It’s the way Buddy would of wanted it and I’m gonna miss him. I think Fozzie has some idea but the next few days are gonna be hard.

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

As someone who recently helped his beloved canine companion cross the Rainbow Bridge, you only have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies :cry::hug:

He was with those he loved and who loved him when he crossed over so be assured that he was at complete and total peace, which is all that we can really hope for them when the time comes. :rose: :hug:

• Like 3

I just have to say THANK YOU for all the kind words and well wishes. As I expected, Fozzie Bear is just now coming to realize he isn’t coming back. I’ve had a few good hug/cries with him out in the yard and inside the house. He just seems so lost looking and I’m trying my best as his substitute buddy. Just seeing him lying on the floor with his tail curled in is just upsetting to see.

So we thought we were a 1 dog family again, but we’ve been pretty much a 2 dog family for well over 8 years now. From looking after our neighbours GR dog for weeks at times, my Brother-in-law’s chihuahua (little annoying shit), and my cousins duck toller retriever dog for 5 years. So we have been online all day looking for yet another puppy friend to bring home and we think we found one. They are a legit registered breeder with 50 years of experience. She will have 2 possible litters coming in early/mid September and would be ready to take home early November. (a recent litter for one of her dogs only had 2 survive) We are going for another white english golden retriever. My mom likes the colour because it hides their aging better and their energy level is a little more subdued in comparison to a tradition GR like Fozzie Bear and our first Buddy.

While writing this we were just confirmed and will have (hopefully) a new furry friend in 4 months. Names are already coming in and the 2 standouts right now are Waffles and Paddington. It seems too fast in ways but not fast enough to keep Fozzie a happy playful boy 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Halal 1

11 hours ago, Rachel said:

You could adopt a dog from a shelter and give your dog a new friend even sooner!

We thought about that too, even thought of that before we got Fozzie for Buddy. We like the golden retriever because everyone seems to love them. We have golden rescues (which new gov rules will stop their operation in the coming months) Many of their rescues are flown in from the Middle East and have been abused by owners. :( Sadly many of the bios setup for them will mention either older kids/adult homes only, doesn’t act well around children or other dogs. Can’t do that with kids next door or when my nieces come to visit. My mom just loves the english retriever for their big blocky heads for snuggles and kisses. I do feel bad for not adopting but we just seem to have a type we love and miss dearly. 

I do know that another dog from the breeder we got Fozzie Bear from, lives like up and around street from us. Maybe we can setup some play dates every now and then for the 2 of them. They have run into each 2-3 time during walks and is almost an instant “I KNOW YOU” reaction. So hopefully something will come of that for my Mr. Bear

• Like 1

As a fellow fur baby owner & lover of all things in the animal kingdom (except you arachnids, go fuck yourself!) I feel your sorrow & pain & heart being broken. Hugs all around for you, your younger pup who's also suffering & depressed, as well as your family. All the best, love, & well wishes going your way. Nothing strikes closer than the loss of a pet, know that my thoughts & well wishes are with you at this awful time.

Spoiler

P.S. If you can, get a cat!!! In Love Cat GIF

• Like 1
  • Halal 2