Do you have any non-typical hobbies?

I was just thinking about how my hobbies are relatively mundane things like electronics, movies/tv, or DIY construction.

Do you have any hobbies that fall outside of “normal” stuff. If so, what are they and how did you get into that scene?

31 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

How do you feel about off leash dogs?

There are kids near me who walk their dog(s) without a leash. This is maybe 20 yards away from a very busy road that stays busy until 1AM. I do not agree with the risks they are taking. 

Minus my marijuana growing and dog walking. . . I’m a pretty fucking boring individual. Although I can’t wait for the return of golf weather for an outdoor driving range to open before attacking 18 holes (and getting high with my buddies while playing. Some really help the nerves and improve my game and one made it go to shit)

5 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I googled this and Im still not sure what it is. 

https://onin.com/hhh/hhhexpl.html

It's a drinking club with a running problem. We drink, run, drink, run some more, drink and so on. The trail we run is unknown when we start and we have to suss it out following clues/marks left by the "hare" who lays the trail. It's basically part trail run, part outdoor scavenger hunt, part bar crawl. 

• Like 1

Pretty much every normal thing has been a hobby of mine at one point. Music (guitar/bass, mandolin, drums, etc), basically every history subject minus a ton of things that I still want to dive into someday like the sengoku jidai or the Khmer empire, ancestral history, animation, languages of various kinds...

I've been officially diagnosed with ADHD, but I'm not sure that covers it really. My natural state of being is hyper activity, to the point that the only reason alcoholism became a thing for me is because not being focused on something that grabs the entirety of my attention at any given time gives me anxiety. I'm like a cat and anything that can grab my attention for longer than 3 seconds is a laser pointer. When laser pointer goes away, I get destructive, I suppose also like a cat.

What were we talking about?

I spent 7 hours the other day reading about the battle of Missionary ridge. Why? I mean I do have a good reason ( I found out I have two 3rd great assholes/grandfathers whose units were both there at the time of the battle and potentially at the same point of the battle, so possible if not likely that they shot at each other), but really it's to just keep my brain focused on something.