We've got a trailer for Ms Marvel...

6 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Thought this was a fun finale for a really fun season. 

Wouldn’t have guessed that they’d use Kamala as the first real tease of main MCU reality mutants, but hey here we are. 

And they even used the X-Men '97 theme when Bruno says it.

• Like 1

Hearing the 90’s X-Men theme riff there was great. I enjoyed the finale and it was the appropriate amount of action and liked they kept the family bits in too. Plus the mid credit scene was interesting and liked the little cameo we got and new power. She must get real tired of running though, poor thing.

She's an Inhuman in the comics, and I'd say Marvel was trying to distance themselves from anything involving the Inhumans after the disaster that was the ABC series, but 

Spoiler

given that a version of Black Bolt appeared in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, maybe not so much. Weird. 

15 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I thought it was a delightful end to a delightful show. Sure, the villains sucked, but in this case, I don't think it really mattered much.

Can you imagine Kamala Khan and Peter Parker running around fighting crime together? They've introduced a great character.

• Halal 1

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Can you imagine Kamala Khan and Peter Parker running around fighting crime together? They've introduced a great character.

Kamala is so fun to watch, I also love her dad. Her mom too but she reminds me too much of my mom with all the constant guilting at the start of the show and it makes my skin crawl. 

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

The actors that play Kamala’s parents are so good, the casting is perfect.

I love that they went with relative nobodys for the entire cast (obviously most of except them Iman Vellani had been in some things before, especially Kamala's dad who's been in a bunch of stuff in India, but the rest have only a small handful of acting credits). 

A+ casting and direction for the entire show.

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Kamala is so fun to watch, I also love her dad. Her mom too but she reminds me too much of my mom with all the constant guilting at the start of the show and it makes my skin crawl. 

the best pay off for this was when they go to Pakistan and see her mom and immediately gets the same kind of treatment. lol 

I really liked this show. I didn’t need the obligatory “embiggen” from the comics. But it was more of a throw away. So whatever. 

what made me very happy is it didn’t end up with “evil person with same powers” fight at the end. Not exactly. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

the best pay off for this was when they go to Pakistan and see her mom and immediately gets the same kind of treatment. lol 

I really liked this show. I didn’t need the obligatory “embiggen” from the comics. But it was more of a throw away. So whatever. 

what made me very happy is it didn’t end up with “evil person with same powers” fight at the end. Not exactly. 

Yeah, I was worried that's where they were going. They still kiiiinda did it, but it felt genuine.

• Halal 1

23 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Thought this was a fun finale for a really fun season. 

Wouldn’t have guessed that they’d use Kamala as the first real tease of main MCU reality mutants, but hey here we are. 

Im wondering if in this universe they’re gonna say that the energy release from the infinity stones (maybe the two snaps in total) has caused mutations to appear. 

and maybe that’s how we get Danvers and Kahn seemingly linked to each other. 

Really liked the show overall. I like how most of that final encounter was either hijinks or self-defense, with Kamala really only fighting back when necessary.

If they do a second season (presumably after The Marvels) I really want just a straightforward, case of the week, New Jersey-centric action show. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Im wondering if in this universe they’re gonna say that the energy release from the infinity stones (maybe the two snaps in total) has caused mutations to appear. 

and maybe that’s how we get Danvers and Kahn seemingly linked to each other. 

Thats how I thought they could easily introduce the mutation factor. Then have The Fantastic Four in space when Tony snapped his finger adding a cosmic radiation factor to get them closer to their comic origin. 

The ending I thought was her shape shifting power being unlocked.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

The ending I thought was her shape shifting power being unlocked.

Do you mean the very final credits stinger or the main end of the episode? Because the latter was clearly swapping places.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do you mean the very final credits stinger or the main end of the episode? Because the latter was clearly swapping places.

That would be the scene because of the way she reacts to her reflection and destroyed poster of herself. I was high and so I might of read it differently

I love the small but loud minority online that have been hating on this show since the beginning for different reasons that they can find and now it's "but she's an Inhuman, this is a disservice making her a mutant instead!" as if there's tons of Inhumans fans. I actually like the Inhumans and even I'm like who gives a shit? Anyways, finale was good stuff, all very well done. You can see how this show kind of started as a Disney Kids show and they upgraded it in terms of tone, etc. but it really worked here like it did for Hawkeye. No real complaints with the finale, and curious to understand what was happening there at the end with Captain Marvel.

Also, Inhumans weren't just in that bad 8-episode Inhumans TV show. The Inhumans (except for the royal family from the Inhumans TV show) play a pivotal role in the Agents of SHIELD TV series as well. Both that and the Inhumans show are both not canonical, so I guess the Inhumans can be rebooted again. The problem is Inhumans are kind of a mix of Eternals with X-Men combined, which can be confusing when you also separately have Eternals and X-people in your mainline MCU now. People are going to have to keep them straight similar to the different pantheons of gods. 

Also, the distinction between alternate dimensions vs. alternate universes vs. alternate timelines is still wildly confusing to me. Timelines take place within dimensions, and dimensions take place within universes, as I understand it. So one universe has multiple dimensions, with each dimension having a timeline that can end up having multiple timelines within itself is how it works I think

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I love the small but loud minority online that have been hating on this show since the beginning for different reasons that they can find and now it's "but she's an Inhuman, this is a disservice making her a mutant instead!" as if there's tons of Inhumans fans. I actually like the Inhumans and even I'm like who gives a shit? Anyways, finale was good stuff, all very well done. You can see how this show kind of started as a Disney Kids show and they upgraded it in terms of tone, etc. but it really worked here like it did for Hawkeye. No real complaints with the finale, and curious to understand what was happening there at the end with Captain Marvel.

Also, Inhumans weren't just in that bad 8-episode Inhumans TV show. The Inhumans (except for the royal family from the Inhumans TV show) play a pivotal role in the Agents of SHIELD TV series as well. Both that and the Inhumans show are both not canonical, so I guess the Inhumans can be rebooted again. The problem is Inhumans are kind of a mix of Eternals with X-Men combined, which can be confusing when you also separately have Eternals and X-people in your mainline MCU now. People are going to have to keep them straight similar to the different pantheons of gods. 

Also, the distinction between alternate dimensions vs. alternate universes vs. alternate timelines is still wildly confusing to me. Timelines take place within dimensions, and dimensions take place within universes, as I understand it. So one universe has multiple dimensions, with each dimension having a timeline that can end up having multiple timelines within itself is how it works I think

We’re just firmly in the MCU being like comics now when it comes to picking and choosing what to pay attention to. It’s always been that way to SOME extent (Luke Cage as a show is all about Harlem, I don’t think they ever even mention the fact that Hulk and Abomination destroyed it in the Hulk movie, Tony hand washes away all his character development in Iron Man 3 with a line in Endgame, etc.), but it is funny to think about how absolutely nobody seems to give a shit that there’s part of a Celestial sticking its hand out of the ocean and an enormous alien popped over the sky in England to talk shit. :p

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I believe it was a throwback to her comic origins where her powers she couldn't control yet unintentionally changed her shape into Danvers.

Ive seen some say it’s a reference to a Captain Marvel that would trade places with a human who worse these bracers. When he clanged them Captain Marvel would switch places with him in the Negative Zone. 

so maybe a little of both? 

8 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I believe it was a throwback to her comic origins where her powers she couldn't control yet unintentionally changed her shape into Danvers.

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Ive seen some say it’s a reference to a Captain Marvel that would trade places with a human who worse these bracers. When he clanged them Captain Marvel would switch places with him in the Negative Zone. 

so maybe a little of both? 

It was hard to tell what happened - the bangle flipped out and I couldn't tell whether Kamala changed places with Captain Marvel or became Captain Marvel. 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Didn't Marvel barely care about Inhumans until they were trying to pummel Fox into submission by basically doing as little X-Men content and merchandise as possible in favor of trying to pump up Inhumans?

Marvel cares about Inhumans, but yes, this is correct. When Fox had X-Men, Marvel figured Inhumans could be a mutant replacement for them since terrigen mist/terrigen crystals basically did the same thing to Inhumans as the x-gene does to mutants after puberty. Not a bad idea, but now they have the X-Men license back, so I dunno.

The cops all protecting Kamala and the rest of her community from the Damage Control people felt out of place, and like copaganda in all honesty. I'm sorry, but that little bit felt just a little uncomfortable because in a show where a teenage girl gets magic crystal powers, that might have been the most unrealistic thing that happened. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

6 hours ago, Brick said:

The cops all protecting Kamala and the rest of her community from the Damage Control people felt out of place, and like copaganda in all honesty. I'm sorry, but that little bit felt just a little uncomfortable because in a show where a teenage girl gets magic crystal powers, that might have been the most unrealistic thing that happened. 

That kind of thing isn't completely unheard of...when the feds came to seize Raich's (of Gonzales v Reich) marijuana and arrest her, the local cops did get into a standoff with the feds for several hours trying to protect her.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:13 AM, Brick said:

I thought the same thing, "oh right, these are the good cops protecting Pakistanis... riiiiiiiggggghhhhhht."

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 5:13 AM, Brick said:

Now I’m not a big comic book reader but does the Damage Control spawn the likes of the Friends of Humanity group from the ‘97 X-Men series. Have Grayson Creed Jr. be a former member of Damage Control and being angered by what info they’ve privately seen. Creation of Master Mold and Sentinels happen to be introduced especially after Secret Invasion series debuts, designed to hunt down all possible “alien” a.k.a. Mutant DNA. 

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Bump because this is pretty damn cool and I like her even more now.

Iman_Vellani_Ms_Marvel.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Kamala Khan is dealing with a massive change — and so is the actor

Not sure we've seen any other on screen actors get involved with the comic side of things.

Paul Dano is currently writing a Riddler comic for DC right now.  I have most of the issues but haven't started reading yet. I believe it's a prequel story for his character in The Batman... not sure. I'm not certain but I think other actors have done so as well. Just can't think of any off the top of my head. Cool for her though... she's clearly lving her best life :clap: