Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers Movie (Disney+ May 20th. Trailer#2 added)

silentbob

I love Samburg and Mulaney but the voices are throwing me off for the characters. Still it is new RR and looks like it has a bit of an adult take, which could be great for the older audience that grew up on this stuff. Love the badmouthing at the end on CGI. Plus we saw the return of Roger Rabbit too

6 minutes ago, Komusha said:

More adaptations should be irreverent towards the IP. The original episodes will always be there for those who need a proper fix of nostalgia.

Correct. Rebooting old properties to give you more of the same is dumb. The whole point of these reboots is for fun “wink wink nod nod” trips down memory lane. 

24 minutes ago, Komusha said:

More adaptations should be irreverent towards the IP. The original episodes will always be there for those who need a proper fix of nostalgia.

Yeah. However the problem is this isn't Rescue Rangers. You could take what they have here put a different skin on it and it would be the same movie just without a recognizable name to rope people in. Like you could call this The Wizard of Oz and it really wouldn't change anything.

42 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah. However the problem is this isn't Rescue Rangers. You could take what they have here put a different skin on it and it would be the same movie just without a recognizable name to rope people in. Like you could call this The Wizard of Oz and it really wouldn't change anything.

It's poking fun at movies in the vein of Alive and the Chipmunks, Smurfs, and Yogi Bear. It would have to be an animated nostalgia property to make it work.

I think Chip and Dale is a good choice for this kind of commentary because they are recognizable enough for people my age but not something people are precious enough to get upset over. Or, at least I assumed people wouldn't be precious about them. Personally I'm not bothered, even a little bit, and I loved the cartoon as a kid. :shrug:

26 minutes ago, Komusha said:

It's poking fun at movies in the vein of Alive and the Chipmunks, Smurfs, and Yogi Bear. It would have to be an animated nostalgia property to make it work.

I think Chip and Dale is a good choice for this kind of commentary because they are recognizable enough for people my age but not something people are precious enough to get upset over. Or, at least I assumed people wouldn't be precious about them. Personally I'm not bothered, even a little bit, and I loved the cartoon as a kid.

The jokes don't even make sense. They are ragging CG animation but clearly Chip is also CG.

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No, because that would be something Deadpool would do.

I'm really scratching my head at why they can't make fun of CGI if Chip is CGI. It's supposed to be self-aware and meta. You're allowed to not think it's funny, but I don't understand what's not to get.

8 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I'm really scratching my head at why they can't make fun of CGI if Chip is CGI. It's supposed to be self-aware and meta. You're allowed to not think it's funny, but I don't understand what's not to get.

I mean, they even make fun of CGI chip itself within the trailer!

But yeah y’all a bunch of grumps lol this looks like a lot of fun

10 minutes ago, Komusha said:

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I mean, they even make fun of CGI chip itself within the trailer!

It's not a meta joke though. Dale talks about how he got a new CG look. Which isn't really that funny. But Chip has a CG look just not as fancy but as far as the movie goes it's not supposed to be a CG look.

• 2 months later...
  • silentbob changed the title to CNN Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers Movie (Disney+ May 20th. Trailer#2 added)
  • silentbob changed the title to Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers Movie (Disney+ May 20th. Trailer#2 added)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched and if you were a fan of the cartoon series, it is an easy recommend. They have taken the Roger Rabbit formula and cranked it to 11 for cartoon characters. Some of these actors also take a few personal nudges/punches for a good joke too. I would love a reboot to happen but if not, wait until the end of the movie, I’ll take that in a heartbeat 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:08 PM, Spork3245 said:

This was amazing. I was surprised by the cameos in it, they went full Roger Rabbit 

Hide contents

Okay, no WB characters that I noticed, but Randy from South Park, Pickle Rick, “Ugly” Sonic, Beavis & Butthead, dreamworks characters, etc.

Spoiler

Batman was the only WB owned character I spotted.