Tesla recalls 54,000 vehicles because they are so stupid

tesla-1-5608725-1633198720093.jpg
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

Tesla is recalling nearly 54,000 cars and SUVs because their 'Full Self-Driving' software lets them roll through stop signs without coming to a complete halt.

They included the ability to let drivers choose how aggressive the cars are on auto-pilot when approaching stop signs. People could tell the car to just do rolling stops. Well, turns out that literally programming your car to perform illegal driving actions might not be the best idea.

The recall is technically a software update that can be done remotely. But here's a question—why aren't self-driving updates reviewed by some regulatory body before being allowed?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
tesla-1-5608725-1633198720093.jpg
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

Tesla is recalling nearly 54,000 cars and SUVs because their 'Full Self-Driving' software lets them roll through stop signs without coming to a complete halt.

They included the ability to let drivers choose how aggressive the cars are on auto-pilot when approaching stop signs. People could tell the car to just do rolling stops. Well, turns out that literally programming your car to perform illegal driving actions might not be the best idea.

The recall is technically a software update that can be done remotely. But here's a question—why aren't self-driving updates reviewed by some regulatory body before being allowed?

Why do you want to halt progress?

If there was a just and benevolent god, Tesla rolling out a software update designed to break the law would t get them sued into oblivion and inspire regulation of this segment of the industry. Between shit like this and the VW diesel scandal it is clear that these companies should not be trusted to just roll out software updates.

18 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I could hardly believe they rolled this out in the first place. I wish I could believe they'd learn a lesson from this.

I am 100% sure this was a late night stoned Elon feature request. I actually thought it was a joke when I first read about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I at least appreciate the guy saying out loud what so many white people think minorities ought to do, which is to be primarily concerned with the fragile feelings of the person saying or doing the racist thing.

Meanwhile, here's what's going on at his other company (warning: pretty gruesome details)

6204eb3e3b86990018b2abfd?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

In a draft complaint, the group accuses researchers of nine Animal Welfare Act violations involving monkeys used in Neuralink brain-implant studies.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1