Tsunami advisory for entire North American west coast

https://www.tsunami.gov/events/PAAQ/2022/01/15/r5qho6/2/WEAK51/WEAK51.txt

A tsunami advisory is in effect for the West Coast of the United States. "A tsunami has been confirmed and some impacts are expected," the National Weather Service National Tsunami Warning Center saidearly Saturday.

The advisory was issued after an undersea volcano erupted Saturday near the Pacific nation of Tonga. A tsunami warning was in effect for all of the archipelago, according to the Tonga Meteorological Services. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center showed that waves of 2.6 feet were detected, according to The Associated Press.

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Tsunami advisory for entire North American west coast
44 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I wonder how this will impact the climate?  If it threw up a lot of ash, it could conceivably lower global temperatures by a measurable amount.

Could have a small cooling effect, assuming this guy knows what he's talking about. By "this guy", I mean the first guy who came up when I put "volcano climate" into Twitter search.

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

New York Post : Second major eruption detected at undersea Hunga Tonga volcano.

newspress-collage-20856909-1642383575409
NYPOST.COM

A second major eruption has been detected at the Hunga Tonga volcano, according to an alert from Australia's Darwin Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre.

I wonder when we'll find out how fucked Tonga got.