Bob Saget has passed away at age 65, update: "head trauma" was cause of death after accidentally hitting his head

24 minutes ago, Brick said:

Dying because you hit your head is such a scary thought. I remember it's how Billy Mays died too. I mean I've hit my head before, but just how hard do you need to hit your head before thinking, "OK I should get checked out, just in case"? Awful. 

Any dizziness or drowsiness are symptoms that require immediate medical attention

52 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Any dizziness or drowsiness are symptoms that require immediate medical attention

Wow yeah after the last car accident I was in, I didn't hit my head but I thought I might be slightly dizzy, and did feel drowsy. So uh...I went to bed. Terrifying to think how close to death I might have been.

What do the doctors do in that situation? Pump you full of drugs to keep you awake? Maybe @CastlevaniaNut18 knows.

You just never know what you're going to find when you have a head scan. I had one done about a year and a half ago after a fall while indoor rock climbing to rule out head trauma, and they found an arachnoid cyst. When my brain / skull were developing, the arachnoid layer on my skull didn't stick to the lower back of my skull, so I've got a pocket of brain fluid that filled the gap and my brain developed around it. It's been there forever, it's benign, but it's weird to see your head CT scan and see a hole the size of a grape where brains usually are.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

You just never know what you're going to find when you have a head scan. I had one done about a year and a half ago after a fall while indoor rock climbing to rule out head trauma, and they found an arachnoid cyst. When my brain / skull were developing, the arachnoid layer on my skull didn't stick to the lower back of my skull, so I've got a pocket of brain fluid that filled the gap and my brain developed around it. It's been there forever, it's benign, but it's weird to see your head CT scan and see a hole the size of a grape where brains usually are.

Now I understand you. 

• Haha 1

I had a pretty bad fall and hit my head on these wooden cylinder stepping stone play areas they used to have when I was younger and remember needing stitches. Blood going over my eyes and passing out is one of my first memories actually. I remember it not seeming like TOO big of a deal and I got to go home that day I think and got a He-Man action figure.

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I had a pretty bad fall and hit my head on these wooden cylinder stepping stone play areas they used to have when I was younger and remember needing stitches. Blood going over my eyes and passing out is one of my first memories actually. I remember it not seeming like TOO big of a deal and I got to go home that day I think and got a He-Man action figure.

Any head injury from your accident?

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Important question.

Do you still have that He-Man action figure?

9 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I read this initially as Arachnid Cyst and thought it was going to be a story about baby spiders in your head. I was prepared to burn this board down. 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, Kal-El814 said:

You've no idea how disappointed I was to find out that the part of my brain that surely would have held my mutant powers just never developed.

that’s the part of your brain where you would have enjoyed naughty dog games 

• True 1