EA no longer making Madden games

Bacon

1 hour ago, Jason said:

My title was going to be "When you die, you're no longer alive" which feels like a much more fitting title. :nottalking:

The original title is so much better omg.

RIP to an all time video gaming mascot

Also I thought this was going to be about EA losing the exclusive license :(

I don't even know if "When you die, you're no longer alive" is a reference to something. 

This is was the first thing I thought of 

peopledie.jpg
KNOWYOURMEME.COM

People Die if They are Killed is a memorable quote uttered by the character Shuriy Emiya in the 2006 anime series Fate/Stay Night by studio Deen. The quote is a result of translation issues from Japanese to English, creating a humorous redundancy that became a popular catchphrase online. The quote has since become popular among fans of the series as well as 4chan's /a/ board.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I am pretty sure he is just explaining because no one has ever head of it. 

It doesn't even have 100 thumbs of approval on Urban Dick. 

I know this may shock you guys but I do occasionally come up with things on my own. 

GettyImages-134008755.jpg?resize=1080,72
DEFECTOR.COM

John Madden—the wildly successful football coach turned wildly successful TV broadcaster turned wildly successful video game impresario—didn’t need to be famous. He just needed to be left...

This is just superb writing. 

"And Madden thrived, by never being afraid to be fired. All this matters because, while he learned to be fearless before getting to Oakland, he mastered it with Davis, who didn’t like being argued with. Madden’s counter-argument was, “You found me for some reason, now let me show you why you did.” It was an odd kind of flattery-with-a-side-of-insubordination that got Madden a longer tenure under Davis than any other coach. The rest he did himself, all the way to becoming a surname that needed no other identifier. You watched Madden. You played Madden. You imitated Madden. You lifted Madden’s schtick without ever coming close to mastering it, because what is original inherently can’t be schtick. Madden was real all day long, all year long."

I remember a game I was watching growing up with Summerall and Madden commentating, and the weather was absolute trash. And Madden said something like, "Ya see, a situation like this, it becomes more than Team vs. Team. It's Man vs. The Elements, Team vs. Elements., Team vs. Man, Elements vs. Man..." and maybe the version of it that exists in my head two decades later is exaggerated, but it felt like he kept going on in a loop like that for like 30 seconds.

And I remember every Thanksgiving game they would show the turkducken in the Madden cruiser and he'd telestrate all of the legs.