Anthony Mackie has closed a deal to star in Captain America 4

Brian

5 hours ago, Komusha said:

A lot of people saw Endgame so anyone who who is actually invested enough to care knew that this was coming. But then again, the right wing media will never let a potential culture war go to waist.

I think people are going to be worn out from outrage.  The entire marvel cast is getting either race or gender swapped so people are going to need a lot of protest signs.

8 minutes ago, number305 said:

I think people are going to be worn out from outrage.  The entire marvel cast is getting either race or gender swapped so people are going to need a lot of protest signs.

The Rightwing Cinematic Universe is expert and keeping people from getting tuckered out from raging all the time.

I don't want to get lumped in with right wingers here ... but I do feel some of the swapping is just lazy.  I KNOW that there are established characters with their own identities such as She Hulk... but it feels like the next phase is setting up to be

-female hulk

-female ironman

-female thor

-female black panther

-female hawkeye 

-black captain America

I really am all for diversity and it looks like they have some great actors for these roles, I just think they could let some of those characters go and give us some real fresh new stories.  Obviously there are still tons of Marvel characters that haven't made it to the screen yet, so I don't know why we need such a rehash.  

Just now, number305 said:

I don't want to get lumped in with right wingers here ... but I do feel some of the swapping is just lazy.  I KNOW that there are established characters with their own identities such as She Hulk... but it feels like the next phase is setting up to be

-female hulk

-female ironman

-female thor

-female black panther

-female hawkeye 

-black captain America

I really am all for diversity and it looks like they have some great actors for these roles, I just think they could let some of those characters go and give us some real fresh new stories.  Obviously there are still tons of Marvel characters that haven't made it to the screen yet, so I don't know why we need such a rehash.  

I'll even add to this that they aren't letting Black Widow go away - just swapping in a new actress to be the new Black Widow.  

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Other characters taking up the mantle of established heroes is older than comics and since humans age, it’s going to be inevitable that it happens as long as the MCU keeps chugging along. Might as well lean into it.

And just like comics eventually they will need to wipe the slate and start over.  I don't see that for many years in the MCU but it will be interesting to see how it is handled someday.  If it will be some event that resets a timeline or if they just stop making movies for a while then start over.

5 hours ago, number305 said:

And just like comics eventually they will need to wipe the slate and start over.  I don't see that for many years in the MCU but it will be interesting to see how it is handled someday.  If it will be some event that resets a timeline or if they just stop making movies for a while then start over.

I feel like there are enough characters and versions of characters to keep things going for a long time without the bed for actual reboots. We have Riri Williams being introduced in the next Black Panther movie before her Disney+ series. Once Dominique Thorne is fine with the role, there's always Iron Lad and like Iron Lord and whoever it was from Iron Man 2020. There shouldn't be a need to reboot these characters. Spider-Man can go from Peter to Miles to Gwen to Jessica to Cindy to Peni to whoever.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

This is the Captain America 4 thread dum dum. 

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Correct. But this is the Capt America 4 thread haha

Well, look, it's like this. 

I fucked up. Mixed up my threads there. :p 

After Black Widow and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (both of which I enjoyed) they really gotta do something different with this one. Just having a black Cap isn't enough. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Well, look, it's like this. 

I fucked up. Mixed up my threads there. 

After Black Widow and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (both of which I enjoyed) they really gotta do something different with this one. Just having a black Cap isn't enough. 

I hope by the time this movie comes out (which won't be for at least 2-3 years probably) the stage will be set for Cap to interact with the more fantasy elements of the MCU. Those are honestly my favorite parts, when the "regular" heroes clash with the fantasy space wizards. Or maybe not. I'm assuming it will be the last movie that sets up the next Avengers, so they may save the fantasy space wizards for that.

I'm pretty sure it's being written by the same people as The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.