What is the Current Graphical Champ Right Now?

skillzdadirecta

R&C looks great if you’re looking for something with a lot of color and cool lighting effects. Even my wife noticed it while I was playing.

Yes, it’s Rachet on console. Cyberpunk PC, Metro Enhanced Edition (only played on pc, but if lighting is intact on consoles then probably there too), and RDR2 pc are all up there with it in different ways. Nothing else really at that level.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Yes, it’s Rachet on console. Cyberpunk PC, Metro Enhanced Edition (only played on pc, but if lighting is intact on consoles then probably there too), and RDR2 pc are all up there with it in different ways. Nothing else really at that level.

PC versions of Control and Flight Sim?

24 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

PC versions of Control and Flight Sim?

Control is def a next gen game on pc maxed, but I think Rachet is more impressive just in terms of texture detail and modeling takes it to another level for me. Flight Sim is technically up there or the best but I kinda don’t count it, as it grows it’s probably always gonna be, but what it’s doing doesn’t impress me as much I guess because it’s using the distance to make it look good.

Doom Eternal maxed is def next gen seeming too now but not up there for me.

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Control is def a next gen game on pc maxed, but I think Rachet is more impressive just in terms of texture detail and modeling takes it to another level for me. Flight Sim is technically up there or the best but I kinda don’t count it, as it grows it’s probably always gonna be, but what it’s doing doesn’t impress me as much I guess because it’s using the distance to make it look good.

Doom Eternal maxed is def next gen seeming too now but not up there for me.

We’ll be seeing all of the games mentioned in this thread topped before too long.  The industry hasn’t fully moved on to next-gen yet.  Even Insomniac is still cutting their teeth.

Point being, I think it’s still hard to say what a next-gen game truly is at this point, vs something next-gen leaning. In a few years, we’ll look back at some of them as cross-gen(-ish).

10 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

We’ll be seeing all of the games mentioned in this thread topped before too long.  The industry hasn’t fully moved on to next-gen yet.  Even Insomniac is still cutting their teeth.

Point being, I think it’s still hard to say what a next-gen game truly is at this point, vs something next-gen leaning. In a few years, we’ll look back at some of them as cross-gen(-ish).

Probably, I do think Rachet and Cyberpunk at least will be looked at as next gen though. Cyberpunk if only because we have an example of it not really running on last gen. :P

4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

It doesn't look exactly as good as other mentions but I will throw TW Warhammer 2 in this. 40v40 epic unit scale will bring just about anything to it's knees.

Hows the text on a TV?, seems like it could be an issue.

Don't have a next/current gen console yet, but from what I've seen Demons Souls and Rift in Time have more graphics than just about everything else at the moment, as expected.

I played RDR2 for the first time in years and was floored by how Rockstar managed to pull off an open world game with those visuals on last gen hardware. Same with Remedy's Control, though I doubt the animations in cutscenes will hold up too well.

Ghosts of Tsushima's visuals are nice with how alive the world feels and how much motion everything on screen has at all times.

The Last of Us 2's attention to detail, the quality of the animation and everything else make it stand out.

Rez Infinite...it might not be the best example given the minimalism of its art style, but I genuinely believe it's visuals might never feel antiquated in our lifetimes. The infinite levels are downright spellbinding when covering an entire wall via HD projector.

Kena might be a contender for one of the most emotive 3D art styles out there, showing how close the industry is to genuinely achieving interactive Pixar movies.

This may not be a popular choice, but...Guilty Gear Strive is absolutely stunning. 

Also...check out some of those faux retro games on that new display. It’s not as “impressive” but games like Shovel Knight and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon look awesome on modern monitors. If you’re into pixel art in any way, that is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's a damn good choice.

This is a video game:

spacer.png

Although you can't play at 4k till they fix it, it still looks pretty great. :p

May need to buy this. I wanted to but has a higher priority now.