Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

17 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Given how many people these days have shit hearing due to listening to music so damn loud with earbuds on, nothing is loud anymore. :p

Oo dude I'm getting old. I'm 36 now and have switched to headphon3s for gaming but I am keeping that volume at 30-40. Eye sight is also getting worse. I had lasik and don't technically need glasses still but I could use them. I noticed it when I got the steam deck and couldn't read the text on the charger.

The flesh is weak.

9 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Oo dude I'm getting old. I'm 36 now and have switched to headphon3s for gaming but I am keeping that volume at 30-40. Eye sight is also getting worse. I had lasik and don't technically need glasses still but I could use them. I noticed it when I got the steam deck and couldn't read the text on the charger.

The flesh is weak.

I've contemplated with lasik in the past, but I'm at the point where I'm fine wearing glasses and contacts. Being near-sighted though, when viewing things up close such as a handheld, phone, book, etc, I'll take my glasses off, but when wearing contacts-like I am now, I'll be wearing reading glasses so my eyes don't have to strain as much. As for hearing, I haven't had mine checked for a few years, but they appear to be holding up well enough (get the occasional ringing, and maybe a mild bit of tinnutus, but nothing too crazy). I attribute that to wearing ear protection a lot on job sites, and even on more silly applications like using the humble vacuum cleaner in the house.

EDIT: I'm turning 34 in June.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

:( long road to 41min

512gb was definitely not the move. If I'd ordered 64gb I would have gotten it a month ago.

I wonder what is the constraint in production? Is it the ssd or the etched glass screen? 

Regardless they should start allowing 512gb users to switch their reservations because at this rate people ordering 64gb units today are going to get them before they fill 512 backorders

17 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

512gb was definitely not the move. If I'd ordered 64gb I would have gotten it a month ago.

I wonder what is the constraint in production? Is it the ssd or the etched glass screen? 

Regardless they should start allowing 512gb users to switch their reservations because at this rate people ordering 64gb units today are going to get them before they fill 512 backorders

Seriously, wish I just got whatever the mid model was kinda.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Sounds like good shit besides the fan. That sucks, I usually have a fan on at all times so I hope it mine is like that it just blends in. I always have a fan on me in both gaming rooms so I normally don’t notice system noises. 

Is it loud enough that you’d disturb someone on a plane with it? That would be annoying.

On public transportation? No. The fan itself isn’t loud. It produces a small noise as it blows out the air. I think it has a vacuum cleaner quality to the sound. In a quiet place like the bedroom at night, it is annoying according to my wife. I sent a video of it on Discord to @Keyser_Soze to get his opinion. The more I use the device, the more I think I will live with the fan. The device is so good that I will put up with the noise. 

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Aya is gonna annouce an Aya Neo Mini next month. No idea on specs but an OLED screen is conformed. Rumors states pricing starts at 699USD.

Edit: In the words of DJ Khalid "Another one".

I really like the size of the Deck. I am not sure I want another small handheld unless it is truly portable. 

I have put about 5 hours into Inscryption and I have to say it works really well on the Deck. The trackpads work great

9 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I really like the size of the Deck. I am not sure I want another small handheld unless it is truly portable. 

I have put about 5 hours into Inscryption and I have to say it works really well on the Deck. The trackpads work great

I like the size of the deck and if I had to choose I'd rather Aya offer an Aya Deck for lack of a better word. The trackpads are so good and make playing CRPGs glorious. Alternatively maybe a touch pad on the back like the Vita but keeping the same size might be cool. You could probably get away with just the one fot most mouse games.

On 4/18/2022 at 1:38 PM, imthesoldier said:

I've contemplated with lasik in the past, but I'm at the point where I'm fine wearing glasses and contacts. Being near-sighted though, when viewing things up close such as a handheld, phone, book, etc, I'll take my glasses off, but when wearing contacts-like I am now, I'll be wearing reading glasses so my eyes don't have to strain as much. As for hearing, I haven't had mine checked for a few years, but they appear to be holding up well enough (get the occasional ringing, and maybe a mild bit of tinnutus, but nothing too crazy). I attribute that to wearing ear protection a lot on job sites, and even on more silly applications like using the humble vacuum cleaner in the house.

EDIT: I'm turning 34 in June.

Forgot when I got mine. My exwife was my GF at the time. I have astigmatism so it wasn't 100%. The only negative was it was carnival and I couldn't do anything because I had to protect my eyes. Sucked cuz ya kno more memories with her would have been nice and my mom went with me. Hard to do that as pet parents.

I have been really impressed with the resume feature. I expected it to be a bit buggy but it hasn’t. Without this feature, I doubt I would use the Deck as much. To be able to jump back into a game immediately, play 10-15 mins, and turn it off without worrying about it crashing (looking at you PS5 you son of a bitch), is wonderful. I know the Switch does it but I didn’t expect the Deck to do it just as well. 

Due to a not so great battery life, the Deck needed a better charging solution. Sliding the Switch into the dock to charge is a fast, simple solution. Plus you have some security that is a bit protected. Plugging the Deck into the adapter and having to sit on your desk isn’t ideal especially due to its size. Hope Deck 2.0 has a better charging solution 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I have been really impressed with the resume feature. I expected it to be a bit buggy but it hasn’t. Without this feature, I doubt I would use the Deck as much. To be able to jump back into a game immediately, play 10-15 mins, and turn it off without worrying about it crashing (looking at you PS5 you son of a bitch), is wonderful. I know the Switch does it but I didn’t expect the Deck to do it just as well. 

Due to a not so great battery life, the Deck needed a better charging solution. Sliding the Switch into the dock to charge is a fast, simple solution. Plus you have some security that is a bit protected. Plugging the Deck into the adapter and having to sit on your desk isn’t ideal especially due to its size. Hope Deck 2.0 has a better charging solution 

I use my Aya charger. Bought a like 6 foot or was it 10 ft USB C cable. The stock charger is too short though.

22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've always charged my switch with the adapter. Never took the dock out of the box. YOLO!

I do use the dock but I just charge it with my phone, aya neo, or switch charger. 

I need to undocknmybOLED. Haven't been playing much of 13 Snetinels wit it docked. Also gotta figure out what's wrong with the ac adapter. Had to use an extension cord because the one behind my tv isn't working.  Might have unplugged it when I changed my router.

2 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

@stepee 512US Queue moved almost 2 minutes today, up to +16 minutes now. 

Lol today I thought was a hyped big shipment day. This pace really feels like June to me. :( 

Really I wouldn’t mind as much if it wasn’t for getting Lego Star Wars on pc and really wanting to play that portable at the moment.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Lol today I thought was a hyped big shipment day. This pace really feels like June to me. :( 

Really I wouldn’t mind as much if it wasn’t for getting Lego Star Wars on pc and really wanting to play that portable at the moment.

I think this might end up being the biggest jump in the queue that we've had, it seems like there was a massive influx of orders around the 13-14 minute marks because that's when the store stopped getting hung. if that turns out to be the case things should start moving much more quickly so don't lose hope.

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yea the text and icons are too small. I am gonna load up the Xbox version tonight to compare. 

I think paradox should port that stuff for the deck. I probably won't play on thr deck or a neo though. Need my 1337 micro.