RoboCop: Rogue City (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - "Beautifully deploys UE5's high-end tech on consoles" (Digital Foundry PS5/Xbox Series technical review)

Remarkableriots

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to RoboCop: Rogue City - Official Reveal Trailer
  • 11 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to RoboCop: Rogue City - Gameplay Reveal Trailer
29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not sure what you'd get out of seeing a boring Robocop model from the back (assuming you'd want a 3rd person game out of it) it seems a lot more interesting in first person mode since you see the Robocop vision.

He wants to see Murphy pulling the gun out of his leg again and again. 

48 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not sure what you'd get out of seeing a boring Robocop model from the back (assuming you'd want a 3rd person game out of it) it seems a lot more interesting in first person mode since you see the Robocop vision.

I wanted a third person action adventure RoboCop game with melee combat, shooting and environment interaction, not just another shooting gallery FPS. I prefer third person to first person in games in general, I like seeing the character that I’m playing as more than feeling like I’m looking out of a floating camera which is what I kind of feel like I’m doing in first person games sometimes. I know that first person is supposed to make you feel like you’re looking through the eyes of a character and sometimes it does, but sometimes it just feels like I’m moving a camera around as well. I’m a pretty big RoboCop fan so I’ll still get this game when it’s cheap, but I was hoping for something more than just another FPS.

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to RoboCop: Rogue City (PC/Xbox Series/PS5, September 2023) - Gameplay Overview Trailer
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'd buy that for a dollar... and not a cent more:p

:troll: I kid, I kid... I'd prefer if this was Third person but I'll get this cheap. I LOVED Robocop as a kid... in fact I think it was the first R rated movie my parents took me to see in the theaters. Had to be my stepfather. No way my mom took me to see this.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'd buy that for a dollar... and not a cent more:p

:troll: I kid, I kid... I'd prefer if this was Third person but I'll get this cheap. I LOVED Robocop as a kid... in fact I think it was the first R rated movie my parents took me to see in the theaters. Had to be my stepfather. No way my mom took me to see this.

As I mentioned in another thread, though not cheap, this is $50 on PC, $60 on consoles. Probably won't effect you but just saying. :p

I think my first R rated movie I saw in a theater was Rising Sun. Very nice boobies in there. I would have been 9 years old. Damn!

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Rising Sun

That is a strange movie to take a kid to see :p There were boobies in it though if I recall. On the P.C. front, I'm actually going to be buying/building a P.C. soon... my Mac desktop is on its last legs and I've been working mostly on my PC laptops primarily. Coupled with the steam deck I graciously recieved from @Brian I figure it's time. I'm looking to spend a pretty penny on a PC though because I have to be able to edit pretty High Res video on it. 

• Like 1
  • Hype 3

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That is a strange movie to take a kid to see :p There were boobies in it though if I recall. On the P.C. front, I'm actually going to be buying/building a P.C. soon... my Mac desktop is on its last legs and I've been working mostly on my PC laptops primarily. Coupled with the steam deck I graciously recieved from @Brian I figure it's time. I'm looking to spend a pretty penny on a PC though because I have to be able to edit pretty High Res video on it. 

You will have to setup Moonlight so you can stream to the Deck

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Was the demo limited time only or just on certain platforms? I couldn't find it on the Microsoft store

It was only on Steam for a limited time during their demo fest whatever thing. You can’t play it anymore. Impressions were positive though! I picked it up for about $33 at cdkeys.

• Thanks 1

Anybody playing this?? I can't afford it for Xbox right now but am excited to get it around the holidays.  Looks amazingly AA in the best ways. 

On 10/25/2023 at 11:49 PM, Dodger said:

Am I the only one who feels like Robocop should be a big deal but then realizes it hasn’t been relevant in 30 years and the name just hits the warm and fuzzies from when you were a kid?

Like most Verhoeven movies, the satire somehow only gets better and more relevant with time.  I think we can count ourselves lucky that the failed reboot killed any effort to aggressively franchise Robocop and soften its politics.  The original movie retains its power.

• Halal 1