Kraven The Hunter Has Been Casted

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also... WHY THE FUCK is Kraven getting his own movie?!

Its in the article :p

Sony Pictures continues to build its villain-based Spider-Man universe with the addition of Kraven the Hunter,

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Didn't read the article so I'll take the slam from SimpleG if it's in the article, but who in the hell is Kraven going up against? A Venom film made sense as he's an anti-hero so can play the 'good guy' role, but Kraven ...not so much. 

It doesn't say

I wonder what this will mean if Disney and Sony do end up coming to a future agreement for more Spider-Man in the MCU. Marvel doesn't really like reusing actors within the MCU. As of right now, Far from Home is still in the MCU and Peter Parker will appear in one other yet-to-be-determined MCU film, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Sony and Disney still come to some future agreement.

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

It doesn't say

I wonder what this will mean if Disney and Sony do end up coming to a future agreement for more Spider-Man in the MCU. Marvel doesn't really like reusing actors within the MCU. As of right now, Far from Home is still in the MCU and Peter Parker will appear in one other yet-to-be-determined MCU film, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Sony and Disney still come to some future agreement.

I was still hoping he'd come back as Quicksilver 

6 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Didn't read the article so I'll take the slam from SimpleG if it's in the article, but who in the hell is Kraven going up against? A Venom film made sense as he's an anti-hero so can play the 'good guy' role, but Kraven ...not so much. 

He does a turn and becomes The Unhuntable Sergei and fights crime

unhuntable-sergei.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=74

I would still prefer to see  Last Hunt brought to film but there is no way that will ever happen.

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Taylor-Johnson got yoked.

Also I can't tell if I'm getting Morbius vibes from this or not. It remains super fucking weird that we're gonna be 4 movies into Sony's Spideyverse with only one Spidey cameo.

I get why you'd feel like you're getting Morbius vibes given the color palette of the trailer, but I thought the trailer was pretty dope. The reason I'm optimistic about this movie is the director, J.C. Chandor. I'm a big fan of all of his movies: Margin Call, All is Lost, A Most Violent Year and Triple Frontier. All hard-R rated, adult movies with a lot to say and a lot on their mind. He's not a stupid or vapid director. Now, can he transition his skills and abilities within the superhero/studio system? I think/hope so. 

I think it's important to remember that Venom was directed by Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland, 30 Minutes or Less, Gangster Squad, Zombieland: Double Tap and Uncharted). His only good movies are Zombieland and Zombieland: Double Tap and that's mostly thanks to the great scripts for those movies by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (they wrote the excellent Deadpool 1+2, though to be fair they also wrote the average to bad; G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Life, 6 Underground, Spiderhead and Ghosted). Ruben Fleischer is mostly a journeyman filmmaker, different than J.C. Chandor. Venom: Let There Be Carnage was directed by Andy Serkis. Certainly a more interesting director choice than Ruben Fleischer, but again he directed the excellent indie drama Breathe and then did the "less good" Jungle Book adaptation (Jon Favreau's is better), Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle. Not a bad film at all but he's not in J.C. Chandor territory (I still want to see Serkis get to make his passion project, an adaptation of Animal Farm) after just two movies. And director Daniel Espinosa for Morbius is again hiring a solid journeyman director but nothing more. He did Snabba Cash, Safe House, Child 44 and Life. All four are enjoyable films but nothing more really going on under the surface of each. Again, J.C. Chandor is a real left-field choice after Fleischer, Serkis and Espinosa. 

The only reason I'm worried the film may not be good is because of the writers: writing duo Matt Holloway & Art Marcum and separately Richard Wenk. Wenk solely wrote 16 Blocks, The Equalizer, The Equalizer 2 and The Protege. Solid movies but none of them are anything special (except for The Protege which was mediocre). And Matt Holloway and Art Marcum have been contributing to shitty blockbusters for a long time now - they either solely wrote or significantly contributed to Punisher: War Zone, Transformers: The Last Knight, Men in Black: International and Uncharted. Now they did write Iron Man along with, separately, a different writing duo but I'm gonna say that one is a huge outlier given all the other movies I just listed. So on a screenplay level I'm worried but J.C. Chandor normally writes all his own films so I'm sure he can unofficially set things right I'm hoping.

TL;DR: there's reason to hope this film will be good, but there's also reason to believe the film will just be your standard studio blockbuster average superhero movie that J.C. Chandor did to get more cred to make something else that he wants to make. Or the studio and producers beat the movie into being bland as often happens. Or Chandor can't fix the screenplay. But hey, hope is something.

meh, its almost as if being a “comic book film” is a detriment… people may just go watch 1 or 2 of the big name ones and ignore the rest.. like how folks watch maybe a couple of the “major” animated releases and ignore the rest…

Its like the 90s comic crash… flood the market with content of varying quality and watch the flops pile up

• Sad 1
  • Halal 1

48 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

meh, its almost as if being a “comic book film” is a detriment… people may just go watch 1 or 2 of the big name ones and ignore the rest.. like how folks watch maybe a couple of the “major” animated releases and ignore the rest…

Its like the 90s comic crash… flood the market with content of varying quality and watch the flops pile up

Yeah Sony is going about this all wrong because they are really trying to milk the "spider-verse" by making movies with all of the characters they have the rights to. Why they are starting with the villains is beyond me. There are PLENTY of spider characters to exploit. Where's The Mile movie? Silk? Spider Woman? Spider Gwen? Fucking Spider Ham?! Morbius, and Kraven? Honestly I think I saw the first Venom. I haven't even bothered with these other ones... Shit i'm in this topic commenting and haven't evn watched the trailer :p That's how much i care

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah Sony is going about this all wrong because they are really trying to milk the "spider-verse" by making movies with all of the characters they have the rights to. Why they are starting with the villains is beyond me. There are PLENTY of spider characters to exploit. Where's The Mile movie? Silk? Spider Woman? Spider Gwen? Fucking Spider Ham?! Morbius, and Kraven? Honestly I think I saw the first Venom. I haven't even bothered with these other ones... Shit i'm in this topic commenting and haven't evn watched the trailer :p That's how much i care

Silk is a series ordered for Amazon Prime. Plus they might develop more Spider-verse series in the future 

Silk-Cindy-Moon-Marvel.jpg?w=1000&h=563&
VARIETY.COM

Amazon is officially moving forward with multiple live-action shows based on the Marvel characters controlled by Sony, Variety has learned.

28 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Silk is a series ordered for Amazon Prime. Plus they might develop more Spider-verse series in the future 

Silk-Cindy-Moon-Marvel.jpg?w=1000&h=563&
VARIETY.COM

Amazon is officially moving forward with multiple live-action shows based on the Marvel characters controlled by Sony, Variety has learned.

Yeah I knew they were doing a Silk Prime series... Honestly she needs a movie. She's a dope character. ALmost as good as Miles and Spider Gwen. Spiderman Noir is getting a Prime series supposedly too. Madame Webb and Spider Punk have projects in the works too.

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

I believe it’s called the Sean Connery effect. 

Animated GIF

Hide contents

yes I know he’s Scottish but close enough to get what I mean

Actually, I retract my statement. They made him do an accent, AN AMERICAN ACCENT. 

• 7 months later...

I wanted to bump this thread along with the Madame Web thread just to point out how amusing it is that they hired the terrible screenwriting duo of Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless to write Madame Web (as I mentioned in that thread) and then Sony got another terrible screenwriting duo, Art Marcum & Matt Holloway, to write this film. They wrote Punisher: War Zone, Transformers: The Last Knight and Men in Black: International. @Ghost_MH Our only hope here is legitimate director J.C. Chandor. But this is continued proof that bad screenwriters who do what studios and producers tell them to do will fail upward. Also two shorter trailers have dropped since this thread was last updated, I don't watch trailers anymore but for those who do, here they are.

Edit: Trailers were fan-made, so ignore me on that part. :p 

14 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I don't watch trailers anymore

Well maybe you should have because these are fan edited trailers from a channel that does a bunch of them. 

Seriously, a note to everyone on these boards, only use trailers uploaded from the studios' official YouTube channels. 

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

6 hours ago, Brick said:

Well maybe you should have because these are fan edited trailers from a channel that does a bunch of them. 

Seriously, a note to everyone on these boards, only use trailers uploaded from the studios' official YouTube channels. 

I did see that they weren't from the official channel but sometimes it does happen that other channels will host the official trailer for a studio, these were much newer and scanning through them I just assumed. Nice heads up!