The Last of Us Part II performance patch releases TODAY

SaysWho?

Well, whenever I finally get my hands on a PS5, I guess this will be one of the first things I play. I was already wanting to replay it. 

Now that I think about it, the PS4 edition of TLoU is one of the first games I got for that system. :daydream:

• Like 1

Damn, the 30fps mode seems so bad lol. Is there a weird thing with ps5 and 30fps like @Spork3245 thinks? Like I know it’s significantly worse but I can’t tell if it’s just me being less lenient on 30fps now since there really aren’t that many on current gen but man every time I try a 30fps mode it seems to just be soooo bad.

Game looks amazing so far though but I only played up until you take control of ellie and a little outside. They already got me hooked in the game with just the TONE. I’m going to have to beat RE8 this weekend so I can concentrate on this more, forgot how hyped I was for this before I decided to wait for 60fps.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Game looks amazing so far though but I only played up until you take control of ellie and a little outside. They already got me hooked in the game with just the TONE. I’m going to have to beat RE8 this weekend so I can concentrate on this more, forgot how hyped I was for this before I decided to wait for 60fps.

Awesome. Yea, beat Village then focus on this afterwards. It's a truly phenomenal game. 

55 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Awesome. Yea, beat Village then focus on this afterwards. It's a truly phenomenal game. 

Yeah, I’m thinking I’m over half way through Village so I should have it wrapped up soon. I just beat

the weird doll fuck face

, I assume that’s at least half way?

Edit: Gonna play this for a bit first tonight though to check check check it out.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Yeah, I’m thinking I’m over half way through Village so I should have it wrapped up soon. I just beat

Reveal hidden contents

, I assume that’s at least half way?

Edit: Gonna play this for a bit first tonight though to check check check it out.

Yea that's half way or a little more. A few hours to go. 

Yeah ended up playing this a couple more hours, it’s awesome. The animations are sooo good and the characters feel great to play, they found a really nice middle ground between the realism Rockstar goes for and like being fun to control.

Nothing much to report on the patch end here, just a locked 60fps, runs fantastic.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well bad option probably has higher resolution while good option has lower (Is that what happened?)

Na, it’s 1440p native both modes, it’s for those who want that cinematic experience or whatever. Good taa solution and a native 1440p isn’t so bad these days, wish it was just like 1800p would be perfect, but it’s not any kind of deal breaker here. The assets, animation, and post process effects are the star of the show here.

Mostly though man I can’t wait to play more of this. Great first impression last night.

The cutscenes just look better at 60fps as well, there isn’t actually a reason to do 30fps beyond not being able to. Games don’t have cameras that pan in the way the they do in movies, you don’t have the benefit of mostly still shots and steady camera pans. 

30fps cinemas I guess could work with slow pans so the camera doesn’t blur but the only reason to view something at 24/30 is familiarity and you are making that worse when playing the rest at 60 so eh.

• Like 1