Manhattan DA will no longer prosecute prostitution

The district attorney’s office, however, will continue to prosecute other crimes associated with prostitution, including patronizing sex workers

The way I'm reading it is that sex workers themselves simply won't be prosecuted but it's still a crime to try to pick up a prostitute? 

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If they don't legalize and regulate it, this could turn NYC South real quick. They should just create an actual redlight district in Manhattan... not sure where that would be though. Maybe near Grand Central on the West Side near the river?

Take the Bowery and Lower East Side away from yuppies and hipsters again. That's my ruling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, SoberChef said:

Gotta make up for being so far behind on medical/recreational marijuana laws in the last decade that perhaps NYS may help lead the charge in legalization of the oldest profession in human history, makes sense to me!

Nevada already has that.

On 4/21/2021 at 1:15 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

If they don't legalize and regulate it, this could turn NYC South real quick. They should just create an actual redlight district in Manhattan... not sure where that would be though. Maybe near Grand Central on the West Side near the river?

I'm assuming you mean Penn Station and by extension the area right below the Javitz Center?