Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (03 May 2024) - Drones now kill more soldiers than artillery or bullets

Just now, Ricofoley said:

I'm not an expert in statecraft or anything, but I don't understand how you can let a PMC guy publicly fire your defense minister (if that's actually what the deal is?) and still claim that you're in charge of things.

I am very bewildered at this whole thing. But also, until Shoigu/Gerasimov are announced to be out of power, I wouldn't believe in that outcome. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Россия invades Россия | UPDATE (24 June 2023) - LOL Nevermind! LOL

The criminal case against Yevgeny Prigozhin for "inciting an armed uprising" will be dropped and he will "leave for Belarus," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

Wagner fighters who participated in the rebellion will not be criminally prosecuted, Peskov said on a call with reporters.

The Defense Ministry will sign a contract with Wagner fighters who did not take part in the rebellion, he added.

...Huh?

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As an operational entity in the Ukraine theater?  Yeah - I'd say that it's been effectively disbanded.

The contingent that's going with Priggy to Minsk will probably re-brand itself.

Pringles rebranding, I’ve heard that before 

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Reputator said:

This was all about pay. They were just playing hardball for a bigger cash out.

You're not too far off, but it wasn't about pay - it was about maintaining independence from the Russian MoD.

By recent order of the MoD, all Wagner personnel operating in Ukraine/Russia were to sign contracts with the Russian MoD by July 1, effectively integrating them into the Russian armed forces itself.  Naturally, this didn't sit well with Priggy and his inner core which are largely constituted of actually elite former Russian special forces guys, including Dmitry Utkin - this Nazi motherfucker who is the Wagner second-in-command and was the commander of this recent little road trip across southern Russia:

dimitry-utkin-on-twitter.png

It genuinely appears that Priggy managed to secure this deal with the Kremlin that allows him and his core group consisting of probably no more than 5,000 or so (if that many!) to abscond off to Belarus to continue on their merry PMC way while the VAST majority of Wagner personnel in Ukraine/Russia will be folded into the RuAF.  In effect, Priggy "sold out" everyone who didn't participate in his version of contract negotiations with the Kremlin.