PS5 is second-fastest console in the US in unit sales, behind #1 (PS4) by >1% (statistical dead heat)

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Why are people buying PS5?

If you’ve got the money and the gumption, what’s the difference between now and in two years or so? Won’t be a price drop on the thing. You can certainly argue early adopters are beta testing it, but again if you had always planned to get one not much is gonna change if you want the first version of it eventually. 

Plus it really does run old games really well. 

My PS5 is collecting so much dust I'm actually kind of legit worried it'll suffer some heat damage once it finally gets some more use. That's not necessarily a knock against the system (although I do rarely play it) so much as a complain about this damn AC unit in my windows that legit piles up dust so fast that I have to dust/sweep my gaming area daily because so much piles up so quickly. I never really noticed until I got a white PC case and this white PS5. Now it's like... whoa, gross.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I guess the argument could be made with the pandemic slowing down development there’s a chance it’s pretty barren the next few years and by the time the library is fleshed out they might actually be close to an upgrade. 

That's probably true and so disappointing.

How many of those PS5's are sitting in scalper warehouses though. I mean, I know to Sony it doesn't matter, a console sold is a console sold, but scarcity drives demand, and I can't help but wonder if the sales would be slower if the restocks were more frequent and people weren't basically playing the lottery every time.

I think under normal circumstances we'd be seeing PS5's and Series X's sitting on shelves pretty regularly by now.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

How many of those PS5's are sitting in scalper warehouses though. I mean, I know to Sony it doesn't matter, a console sold is a console sold, but scarcity drives demand, and I can't help but wonder if the sales would be slower if the restocks were more frequent and people weren't basically playing the lottery every time.

I think under normal circumstances we'd be seeing PS5's and Series X's sitting on shelves pretty regularly by now.

Not gonna lie, this mindset reminds me of faulty message board logic about the Wii at this point in its lifecycle.

Going by history, you probably shouldn’t be begging questions about artificial demand. Instead, ask how much sales will boom when scalpers start losing.

Scalpers aren’t the driving force for demand for these consoles.  Production isn’t either.  They haven’t been for any console by Sony/Nintendo/MS ever.  These things aren’t Bennie Babies.

11 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Not gonna lie, this mindset reminds me of faulty message board logic about the Wii at this point in its lifecycle.

Going by history, you probably shouldn’t be begging questions about artificial demand. Instead, ask how much sales will boom when scalpers start losing.

Scalpers aren’t the driving force for demand for these consoles.  Production isn’t either. 

Similar logic was employed for the PlayStation 4 around here as well. I feel like more than half the board was convinced it was just pent-up demand for a new console and the sales would lag considerably soon, and It ended up outpacing the PlayStation 2 or at least running neck and neck with it.

23 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

PS5 will be my first launch console I have to send in for repairs so quickly. @best3444ill sell it to you for $800

Mine has only glitched once (wouldn’t eject disc had to system restart in safe mode) since launch. Other than that, it’s done everything I’ve asked it to. Every Xbox brand I’ve ever owned had numerous console and controller problems. I don’t own series X but my brother in law does and his nearly melted itself into his entertainment center. They sent him a replacement and then his 2.1 port went bad. lol

2 minutes ago, nublood said:

Mine has only glitched once (wouldn’t eject disc had to system restart in safe mode) since launch. Other than that, it’s done everything I’ve asked it to. Every Xbox brand I’ve ever owned had numerous console and controller problems. I don’t own series X but my brother in law does and his nearly melted itself into his entertainment center. They sent him a replacement and then his 2.1 port went bad. lol

The PS5 makes the most annoying buzzing sound and it’s been getting worse.  I don’t care about the crashes from resume play or even when the PS5 randomly ejects the game disc.  The buzzing is a million times worse than the PS4 vacuum cleaner noise. It’s by far the worst issue I have ever encountered on a console.  I’m ready to sell it and wait for the PS5 Pro. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The PS5 makes the most annoying buzzing sound and it’s been getting worse.  I don’t care about the crashes from resume play or even when the PS5 randomly ejects the game disc.  The buzzing is a million times worse than the PS4 vacuum cleaner noise. It’s by far the worst issue I have ever encountered on a console.  I’m ready to sell it and wait for the PS5 Pro. 

I mean I'm hoping Sony is fully aware of these issues and are making changes to the newer consoles being released in the future. Is that possible?

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Fair enough. Mine doesn’t do that...yet. My nitpicks are how friggin big this thing is. And in terms of design, it’s about the ugliest...no, definitely the ugliest console Sony has ever produced. And the storage is OMG laughable :| I’ll probably be very quick to jump on a redesigned model when they release one. 

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I think you need to put your foot down and demand a replacement model. From either the retailer you got it from or Sony themselves. There’s no reason you have to put up with a defective unit when it’s under warranty. 

You spent hundreds of dollars on that machine, you’re entitled to one that works. Keep complaining to customer service (respectfully) until they agree to replace it. 

On 3/14/2021 at 11:16 PM, GameDadGrant said:

Why are people buying PS5?

How long have you been a gamer? If you can't answer why people want modern, more powerful consoles, then I don't know what to tell you. I mean, Sony has the best lineup of games ever made last gen, and more coming. 

12 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Send it back, because it isn't normal. Neither mine, or my sons, make any noise.