Pokémon OT - Gotta Catch 'Em All

Pikachu

9 hours ago, stepee said:

That was quick.

It's like exactly what I imagined a full-fledged, console Pokemon RPG would be like when I was a kid and played Pokemon Red for the first time. It's ugly as fuck and I wish there was more content (the areas could be so much more lively), but I barely even notice those while playing because all I see is what I thought when I was a kid. That's awesome.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

after 1 week of playing I can say this game is legit great and the best Pokemon game ever

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Agree. This is the first Pokémon game that I like. 

Im a late bloomer Pokémon fan starting on switch with the series and Im so glad I only had to play 3 entries to get to here. The game it’s simply constantly fun.

53 minutes ago, johnny said:

these regions really are pretty big. i don’t see any reason why they can’t make things even bigger and/or apply this to the traditional get your badges beat the hall of fame thing 

They just need to make more towns is essentially it!

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Im a late bloomer Pokémon fan starting on switch with the series and Im so glad I only had to play 3 entries to get to here. The game it’s simply constantly fun.

Same. First Pokémon games I played have been on the Switch. I bounced pretty hard off of Sword and Brilliant Diamond. I am enjoying the ability to chill in the world and not constantly having to battle to progress. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

IF THERE IS A PSYDUCK ALPHA EITHER NOW OR IN DLC IM GOING TO FREAK

If you catch an alpha Pokémon does it have better stats or something, or is it just that they have red glowing eyes and are bigger? What about noble Pokémon? 

1 minute ago, Brick said:

If you catch an alpha Pokémon does it have better stats or something, or is it just that they have red glowing eyes and are bigger? What about noble Pokémon? 

Good question! It seems like the one I’ve caught is more powerful than his level appears to be, so I’m not sure how it works.

Finally started this. Is there any reason not to stack you're team with alphas? I mean, aside from pokemon at some levels not always obeying you.

Right now, at two stars, my team is...

Lvl 22 Dartrix

Lvl 31 Alpha Floatzel

Lvl 20 Luxio

Lvl 40 Alpha Rapidash

Lvl 16 Alpha Kricketune

Lvl 16 Shiny Geodude

I don't think I've ever played a Pokemon game where my team was wildly all over the place, this early in the game, level-wise.

10 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Finally started this. Is there any reason not to stack you're team with alphas? I mean, aside from pokemon at some levels not always obeying you.

Right now, at two stars, my team is...

Lvl 22 Dartrix

Lvl 31 Alpha Floatzel

Lvl 20 Luxio

Lvl 40 Alpha Rapidash

Lvl 16 Alpha Kricketune

Lvl 16 Shiny Geodude

I don't think I've ever played a Pokemon game where my team was wildly all over the place, this early in the game, level-wise.

i’m currently rolling with 

level 55 Typhlosion 

level 56 alpha garchomp

level 71 alpha goodra 

level 54 Umbreon 

level 57 Overqwil

level  69 alpha electivire 

typhlosion and umbreon have been with me since the beginning. been switching the others out as i find new pokemon i wanna use. you can def stack your pokémon with alphas if you want the strongest team possible but i don’t think it’s like, necessary to do that. my non alpha pokemon have been up to the task the whole game so far. 

56 minutes ago, Biggie said:

to be honest, I am not a fan of Psyduck or its move set. I won't be using him so if he wants me to trade it to him I will.

lol thank you that’s rad af but I would actually just put him in the farm and maybe take him out for pictures sometimes, I gotta have my regular yellow psyduck with me - though I am going to grab an alpha when I find one!

Even that I feel bad almost lol, I like to keep my original one if I can, I also don’t like to evolve them.

It is weird that the game actually does run at 720p/30 pretty locked undocked. They really took the fps complaints in S/S wild land areas too far. Should have increased lod and texture resolution and made it 600p or something. 

The thing that gets me most is still the weird stuff that they could have probably just..not done. Like whatever the purple shiny shadow thing on terrain is. That is probably the worst looking thing in the game and it could just..not be there. Same with whatever they are doing with the tree shading that is totally not working. It’s a super strange looking game.

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

It is weird that the game actually does run at 720p/30 pretty locked undocked. They really took the fps complaints in S/S wild land areas too far. Should have increased lod and texture resolution and made it 600p or something. 

The thing that gets me most is still the weird stuff that they could have probably just..not done. Like whatever the purple shiny shadow thing on terrain is. That is probably the worst looking thing in the game and it could just..not be there. Same with whatever they are doing with the tree shading that is totally not working. It’s a super strange looking game.

I would allow ALL graphical weirdness to remain in exchange for NPCs that actually did something. Anything. Walking in circles. Just anything other than standing like statues.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I would allow ALL graphical weirdness to remain in exchange for NPCs that actually did something. Anything. Walking in circles. Just anything other than standing like statues.

I would rather the weirdness go away because it takes up more overall screen time, but also agreed!

What’s crazy though is despite all of this and me being a total graphics whore, I barely think about it when playing because the game is SO good.