NOVAVAX! JOHNSON & JOHNSON!

Joe

55 minutes ago, Joe said:

I have not heard that, no. You're worrying that the SA variant will be the dominant variant and somehow with 49% effectiveness we will be back to square one is just simply improbable. 

Okay, thanks.

So now we just have to wait for the FDA giving authorization to Novavax.  I think that took Pfizer and Moderna about 3-4 weeks?

13 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Okay, thanks.

So now we just have to wait for the FDA giving authorization to Novavax.  I think that took Pfizer and Moderna about 3-4 weeks?

What worries me is that maybe they won't give emergency approval because it's UK data? Not sure how that works.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

What worries me is that maybe they won't give emergency approval because it's UK data? Not sure how that works.

They definitely won't give approval without US trial data. That's been the single biggest thing holding up an AstraZeneca EUA AFAIK. J&J is going to get an EUA first as long as their efficacy numbers don't suck.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

They definitely won't give approval without US trial data. That's been the single biggest thing holding up an AstraZeneca EUA AFAIK. J&J is going to get an EUA first as long as their efficacy numbers don't suck.

The articles I read weren’t so sure. We shall see!

@Jason

Seems like it hasn’t gotten EUA because it’s sketchy AF.

Sorry lol

WWW.BIOSPACE.COM

The U.K authorized AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine on Wednesday, but it could be April at the earliest before the drug will likely be administered in the United States, Operation Warp...

I'm really hoping the J&J is nearly as effective as the others.  From what I really early into the pandemic, they were already manufacturing it in massive quantities gambling on the trials going well.  The approval of that vaccine could speedup the rollout significantly. 

3 minutes ago, vaxick said:

I'm really hoping the J&J is nearly as effective as the others.  From what I really early into the pandemic, they were already manufacturing it in massive quantities gambling on the trials going well.  The approval of that vaccine could speedup the rollout significantly. 

They recently announced they hit a production snag.

johnson-and-johnson-delayed-1.jpg?qualit
NYPOST.COM

Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine has hit a production snag — potentially delaying the delivery of millions of life-saving shots by two months, according to a report

It should still speed things up if their efficacy numbers are good, but not by as much as originally hoped.

• Sad 2

210128222609-01-johnson-and-johnson-vacc
WWW.CNN.COM

Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 single-shot vaccine was shown to be 66% effective in preventing moderate and severe disease in a global Phase 3 trial, but 85%...

So not as effective as Pfizer and Moderna, but since it still requires only one dose and doesn't need to be stored in sub-zero temps, it would still be a big help.

And hell, it's more effective against the South African variant than Novavax, so hey.

I'm guessing it could be approved by the FDA by the end of February.

• Joe changed the title to NOVAVAX! JOHNSON & JOHNSON!
7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

@Joe Rename this threat to NOVAVAX! JOHNSON!

Also here is the important part of the J&J news:

Oh wow...

So 66% basically means you might still get sick. But you probably won't die if you get the J&J vax, still get covid, and wind up in the hospital. Whereas, otherwise... 

yahoo_default_logo-1200x1200.png
FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

(Bloomberg) -- A new Covid-19 vaccine from Novavax Inc. is likely to get its first approval in the U.K., and the company is discussing with U.S. regulators whether trial data from other countries could be part of the shot’s review, Chief Executive Officer Stan Erck said.The company announced late Thursday that the vaccine was effective in big trials in the U.K. and South Africa, though its protective power appeared to be...

NOVAVAX TO THE MOON! Wait, what the fuck is wrong with me? Sorry, guys.

7 hours ago, Joe said:
yahoo_default_logo-1200x1200.png
FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

(Bloomberg) -- A new Covid-19 vaccine from Novavax Inc. is likely to get its first approval in the U.K., and the company is discussing with U.S. regulators whether trial data from other countries could be part of the shot’s review, Chief Executive...

NOVAVAX TO THE MOON! Wait, what the fuck is wrong with me? Sorry, guys.

Our beloved latino, Jose, became a croc wearing white guy named Joe in 2020, now, in the year 2021, he is slowly metamorphosing into his final form: a WSB corpo named Chad :( 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

mRNA are still a bit more effective but the advantages of delivery that Novavax has should give Pfizer and Moderna real competition. 

The problem is that they are way behind. 

I heard on NPR today that they probably won't seek an American EUA and just go straight to focusing on middle/lower income countries. So starting from behind won't really matter since they won't be too far behind in those countries. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I heard on NPR today that they probably won't seek an American EUA and just go straight to focusing on middle/lower income countries. So starting from behind won't really matter since they won't be too far behind in those countries. 

It will matter in the sense those counties won't be able to pay as much as Western countries. Also their production levels are gonna be way behind for awhile. 

29 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

It will matter in the sense those counties won't be able to pay as much as Western countries. Also their production levels are gonna be way behind for awhile. 

Given what happened with our AstraZeneca doses I'm assuming it doesn't have to be approved/EUA in the US for us to be able to buy it for other countries, right?

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Given what happened with our AstraZeneca doses I'm assuming it doesn't have to be approved/EUA in the US for us to be able to buy it for other countries, right?

That will happen to some extent, but I wouldn't count on the same money making machine as selling them for Western countries. And the vaccine companies will have less leverage because Western countries won't be desperate like last time. 

I would bet money the average dose that will be charged will go down dramatically.