Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Jay Inslee: “You can’t solve climate change by just checking a box.”

Mother Jones: People keep referring to you as a single-issue candidate. I’ve heard you compared to Bernie Sanders whose first campaign focused on economic inequality, or even Howard Dean in 2004 whose major issue was opposition to the Iraq War. The result of their presence in the race was that they often forced others to address the issue they campaigned on. Do you consider your focus on addressing climate change comparable to this? 

Jay Inslee: No. The thing you need to understand about climate change is it’s not one issue. It’s not a single issue, it’s all the issues. It’s not about the economy; it is the economy. It’s both the destruction of the economy from the fires and the floods, and it’s job creating opportunities. It’s about health; it’s about the increasing asthma and infection diseases and heat prostration we face. It’s about national security.

You can hardly point to anything you care about and say it isn’t necessary to defeat climate change to protect it. So we can’t succeed on these other issues unless we defeat climate change, and for that reason this is a whole other situation. No, I’m not a single issue candidate.

MJ: Okay, but really, you’re not alone in calling this a grave threat. What makes you different?

JI: This has to be the first and foremost and paramount duty of the next administration. That is an important thing to say and to mean, and I am the only one who has done both. Because if it’s not job number one, it is not going to get done. The political capital that we need to accumulate and invest, the mandate that we have to build during the campaign can only be done by making this a priority. 

33 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I don't think we know enough about either candidate yet to say one is looking better than the other. I care a lot about climate change but if Inslee otherwise sucks on policy then he's terrible (as a for instance). 

Tulsi is looking far better than all of them. :drool:

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I don't think we know enough about either candidate yet to say one is looking better than the other. I care a lot about climate change but if Inslee otherwise sucks on policy then he's terrible (as a for instance). 

I mean, the only thing booty boy has going for him is youth, sexuality, and speaks Norwegian (among other things) but has no record on policy to run on.

34 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I mean, the only thing booty boy has going for him is youth, sexuality, and speaks Norwegian (among other things) but has no record on policy to run on.

A really capable general manager would actually make a pretty good President. I do want to know more about his policies, what he's said so far sounds good. No record means he can do what he wants, but there is trust then we're giving implicitly, which could be a problem, I agree. 

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

A really capable general manager would actually make a pretty good President. I do want to know more about his policies, what he's said so far sounds good. No record means he can do what he wants, but there is trust then we're giving implicitly, which could be a problem, I agree. 

😬

• Haha 1

Increasingly Cocky Bernie Sanders Announces He Won’t Take Donations Over 27 Cents

“Right now, if you have a quarter and a nickel in the ashtray of your car out in the parking lot, give that to me, and I’ll give you three pennies back. That’s all I need to put the people back in charge of this country. But if you have any big glass jars full of change, save those for the Coinstar machine, because the presidency of the United States should never be for sale.” An hour after finishing his speech, Sanders was spotted hanging around in the lobby and helping people break tens and twenties so they could use a nearby soda machine. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Bernie Sanders has emerged as the Donald Trump of the Left

This columnist is a corporate shill. Someone should egg his car. 

There's nothing like a good primary!

Everyone but progressives pretty much hate Bernie Sanders and there's unquestionably a mainstream media bias in making sure they attack him over and over again all the time. Because they know he and Warren will go after their money (rightfully so) and they be scared. 

• Guillotine 2

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Everyone but progressives pretty much hate Bernie Sanders and there's unquestionably a mainstream media bias in making sure they attack him over and over again all the time. Because they know he and Warren will go after their money (rightfully so) and they be scared. 

46 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

No one could possibly have issues with his ideas actually hurting everyone. It has to be that everyone is scared Bernie will take their money. Nevermind all his nutty terrible positions over the years.

11 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

No one could possibly have issues with his ideas actually hurting everyone. It has to be that everyone is scared Bernie will take their money. Nevermind all his nutty terrible positions over the years.

That's not what I was saying. I didn't say some people don't hate him for their own (potentially legitimate) reasons, just that everyone other than progressives (broadly speaking of course) generally hates Bernie Sanders, for good or bad reasons. And that separately, the mainstream media does have an inherent bias against him. I'm not saying that everyone who dislikes Bernie Sanders dislikes them because they have an inherent bias like the mainstream media does against him (some do, but not all who dislike Bernie Sanders), I'm not conflating the two if that's more clear. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

That's not what I was saying. I didn't say some people don't hate him for their own (potentially legitimate) reasons, just that everyone other than progressives (broadly speaking of course) generally hates Bernie Sanders, for good or bad reasons. And that separately, the mainstream media does have an inherent bias against him. I'm not saying that everyone who dislikes Bernie Sanders dislikes them because they have an inherent bias like the mainstream media do against him (some do, but not all who dislike Bernie Sanders), I'm not conflating the two if that's more clear. 

You think the mainstream media has a bias against Bernie because they're worried he will take their money. Why do you think that? Who is worried about this in the mainstream media and what is your definition of the mainstream media? 

9 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

You think the mainstream media has a bias against Bernie because they're worried he will take their money. Why do you think that? Who is worried about this in the mainstream media and what is your definition of the mainstream media? 

I think the mainstream media has a bias because they constantly have opinion articles posted on their websites attacking Bernie Sanders in considerably higher volumes than any other candidate (just as a for instance). I'm not even a de facto Bernie Sanders supporter (though I do like a lot of his policies) but it's pretty clear that news organizations like MSNBC, CNN, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Politico, etc. (that is, in part, what I consider the "mainstream media") don't really give an objective view of his policies repeatedly. His CNN town hall he was grilled far harder than any of the other candidates I've seen so far that have had CNN town halls (again, just as a for instance). This happens regularly. They discuss in only the most disingenuous terms the cost of Medicare for Hall and the Green New Deal (there are legitimate criticisms of both, which they never bother to bring up).

It's pretty well known (I thought) that the mainstream media has a neutrality bias that mistakes forced neutrality ("both sides are always equal" in arguments) for actual objectivity (what the facts are) and that the mainstream media has always been centrist corporate Democratic leaning. That's in part why they love Barack Obama so much (and now Joe Biden). 

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There's enough never Bernie and never anyone but Bernie types that the wounds won't heal enough to hold their nose and vote for that person. We're getting four more years, get your body ready now

He should have done the right thing and not run. He’s too old and plenty of others have adopted many of his ideas.