Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

19 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

For a significant amount of people (and I include myself in this group) the idea of Trump winning was absurd. I remember, prior to the election, somebody getting in a Twitter argument with Silver saying that Clinton had a 99.9% chance of winning. It wasn't the polls that made people think Trump only had a 0.1% chance of winning. The polls said he probably wouldn't win and people combined that with their absolute revulsion with Trump to conclude there was no way he could win. Then in hindsight, no one wanted to label themselves as being wrong so they'd rather say "well the polls misled me." 

It's impossible to prove but I bet that polls wouldn't have gotten nearly as bad a rap if Romney had won in 2012 as they did when Trump won, even though as I recall in 2012 the polls were predicting an Obama win with far greater certainty. People would've seen Romney win and shrugged saying "well pollsters said he had a 10% chance of winning" (or whatever the odds were) because a Romney victory wouldn't have been as much of a mind breaking thing as a Trump victory was. 

Many don't want to admit that they weren't paying attention to the polls; I agree. And Nate was even making that point to that guy from HuffPo Polls. They had an argument because what HuffPo was showing was not backed up by polling:

I feel like some of us were feeling anxious the week prior to the election when everyday was a lead story about Hillary's emails. The polls were clearly tightening quickly. I remember SlipperySlope even saying at one point, "I'm not ready for a Trump presidency :(," probably because he was reading the numbers, too.

The one thing I will say is that the states that had bigger errors (and they happened in 08 and 12 as well) were some key swing states like Wisconsin instead of states people weren't paying attention to. Nationally, they were excellent, and plenty of states were well within the margin of error. 

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Many don't want to admit that they weren't paying attention to the polls; I agree. And Nate was even making that point to that guy from HuffPo Polls. They had an argument because what HuffPo was showing was not backed up by polling:

I feel like some of us were feeling anxious the week prior to the election when everyday was a lead story about Hillary's emails. The polls were clearly tightening quickly. I remember SlipperySlope even saying at one point, "I'm not ready for a Trump presidency :(," probably because he was reading the numbers, too.

The one thing I will say is that the states that had bigger errors (and they happened in 08 and 12 as well) were some key swing states like Wisconsin instead of states people weren't paying attention to. Nationally, they were excellent, and plenty of states were well within the margin of error. 

Wait, SlipperySlope/2user1cup has been here that long? Who the fuck is he?

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Wait, SlipperySlope/2user1cup has been here that long? Who the fuck is he?

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well there's a big contrast between the candidates after these speeches already. Joe Biden doesn't even know who's his wife or his sister.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Two sundowning candidates for a sundowning empire. How apt.

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

More enjoyable though would be seeing Warren debate Trump and eviscerate him like she did Bloomberg. 

That would absolutely not happen.  She could do that to Bloomberg because he's got the personality and presence of a wet paper towel.

The Imbecile would steamroll her hard -- not on actual issues -- but on his sheer bluster alone.  All he'd have to say is "Pocahontas" and that would throw her off totally.  You don't "debate" him on issues - you have to literally wallow in the muck and grime with him.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

That would absolutely not happen.

The Imbecile would steamroll her hard -- not on actual issues -- but on his sheer bluster alone.  All he'd have to say is "Pocahontas" and that would throw her off totally.  You don't "debate" him on issues - you have to literally wallow in the muck and grime with him.

You think Bernie would be able to do that? I've never seen him play that game. Biden can... if he can remember his name that night.

That would absolutely not happen.

Biden just needs to trick Trump into going first in a push up contest. Throw a dollar or two on the floor and watch Trump chase after it.

That would absolutely not happen.  She could do that to Bloomberg because he's got the personality and presence of a wet paper towel.

And the people will fucking eat it up. Biden can at least stand up to Trump on a match of nonsensical bravado, the shit that gets people elected today.