Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

5 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Even now the context has evaporated and all original meaning has been lost. "Bernie has made no positive relationships in the Senate so I doubt he can get his agenda enacted," has put the words "Bernie has no friends," in her mouth.  Already we have to pretend that's what she said and the documentary isn't even out.

“Nobody likes him” are the actual words she said. 

3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Or she's allowed to treat Bernie how he treated her? If Bernie can't get the nomination without Clinton being silent then (once again) he doesn't deserve it. A strong campaign wouldn't need her and could overcome her. Bernie isn't owed anything.

So what did he say that's comparable? 

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

Maybe I remember it wrong, but wasn't losing with no clear path to victory and he still took it all the way to the convention, basically forcing Clinton to continue the primary rather than getting a chance to focus on Trump?

That sounds right, yes. I don't remember timetables. But I do remember his speech unequivocally endorsing and praising her and then they embraced.

7 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Or she's allowed to treat Bernie how he treated her? If Bernie can't get the nomination without Clinton being silent then (once again) he doesn't deserve it. A strong campaign wouldn't need her and could overcome her. Bernie isn't owed anything.

I'm glad that Hillary's feelings are more important than the good of the country.

She clearly doesn't think beating Trump is the #1 priority if she's going around pulling this shit.

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

That sounds right, yes. I don't remember timetables. But I do remember his speech unequivocally endorsing and praising her and then they embraced.

I deleted that post after catching up. It seems others are more passionate on this than I am, so I'll take a back seat here. 

Let us not forget this classic 2008 "authentic & unvarnished" view,

“We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California,” Clinton told the editorial board of a South Dakota newspaper. ” I don’t understand it,” Clinton added, alluding to the calls for her to quit.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-rfk-comment/

Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for $50M, claims defamation over 'Russian asset' remark

Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard filed a defamation lawsuit Wednesday against Hillary Clinton seeking $50 million in damages, claiming the former Democratic presidential nominee "carelessly and recklessly impugned" her reputation when she suggested in October that one of the 2020 Democratic candidates is "the favorite of the Russians."

"Although Rep. Gabbard's presidential campaign continues to gain momentum, she has seen her political and personal reputation smeared and her candidacy intentionally damaged by Clinton's malicious and demonstrably false remarks," Brian Dunne, a partner at the laws firm, said in a statement.

Dunne added that Clinton had exhibited a "personal hostility" toward Gabbard last fall, and the former secretary of state "resorted to a damaging whisper campaign founded on lies, and when presented with the opportunity to retract her damaging remarks, she refused."

:thinking:

50 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Want to see something wild? Bernie is now ahead with minorities:

If he wins Iowa, I think he has it.

Not so wild. I don't recall who said it, speaking of this election, but minority voters can be very pragmatic. Since we'll often feel like our vote gets lost in the noise, the next best bet would be to support whoever is closest to your views and has a decent chance of winning over the white vote. The more it seems like Biden would lose against Trump, the more minority voters he'll wind up losing.