Fable - Xbox Games Showcase 2023 Trailer

Pikachu

I liked Fable 3 more than Fable 2. Fable 2 was a major disappointment for me. Fable 3 felt closer to Fable: The Lost Chapters. I played the fuck out of Fable 1. Fable 1 is the game I have beaten the most amount of times. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I liked Fable 3 more than Fable 2. Fable 2 was a major disappointment for me. Fable 3 felt closer to Fable: The Lost Chapters. I played the fuck out of Fable 1. Fable 1 is the game I have beaten the most amount of times. 

Fable one is most definitely the best fable in tone, style, and pacing. A massive and modernized version of that would be more than enough for this old chicken kicker! :daydream:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Fable one is most definitely the best fable in tone, style, and pacing. A massive and modernized version of that would be more than enough for this old chicken kicker! :daydream:

When I was 14-15 and read what he was talking about it made me want to buy an OG Xbox at launch. The game didn't come out until I was in college. I still loved it and played through it a bunch but other games (Morrowind) had already delivered more than Fable did.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Not sure why, but there are people saying the new Fable is an MMO. That would be a big letdown if true. I have no interest in competing to buy property. 

I've been reading the faff over at Resetera. Seems like a lot of hand wringing with next to no information, so you know, its a Resetera controversy! :lol:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-the-new-fable-will-be-an-mmo.254028/ 

The absolute best part about Fable is all the stories we told ourselves, about what the game could be, before it actually launched.   Reading page after page about the game, gave me more hype than any other game in my gaming tenure.  Molyneux, was far better in his own mind than in practice.  (was still a fun series)

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

The absolute best part about Fable is all the stories we told ourselves, about what the game could be, before it actually launched.   Reading page after page about the game, gave me more hype than any other game in my gaming tenure.  Molyneux, was far better in his own mind than in practice.  (was still a fun series)

I'll never forget thinking about his claim that a sapling cut when your character was a child would grow to retain that split years later and wondering, how will they pull this level of interaction off?! Answer: In our imaginations! :daydream:

I literally knew nothing when I got Fable. Hadn't seen a single thread or trailer. I saw this in gamestop.

Fable-2004-Promotional-Cardboard-Standee

And then I told my Dad I wanted an Xbox and Fable for Christmas and then I got one. It was like the only game I played on the Xbox. I didn't even play Halo 1 until the 360 came out. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'll never forget thinking about his claim that a sapling cut when your character was a child would grow to retain that split years later and wondering, how will they pull this level of interaction off?! Answer: In our imaginations! :daydream:

My god, that is exactly what I was thinking about.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

3 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

My god, that is exactly what I was thinking about.  

Yes! Haha. This is exactly what I remember too. He talked about planting trees and coming back to them. About severing limbs and facing the same limb-free enemy later who has grown and had his own AI experiences. Stuff like that. None of that was delivered in the final product.

But it was still a beautiful, charming, fun game.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I really need MS to improve the project management of these game titles. This shit is taking way too long for only having a pre-rendered CGI trailer two years ago. After the debacle that is Halo Infinite, they really need better people in charge and set some fucking deadlines for shit. 

I mean, why? 

We already know what happens when people make deadlines. You get Fallout 76 or Cyberpunk. They shouldn't do that, at all.