Fable - Xbox Games Showcase 2023 Trailer

Pikachu

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

I agree and I'm more interested in an Xbox than a Playstation right now... however at this point I feel it's worth waiting another year to see if there are Pro consoles or price drops.

And if I remember correctly you're in a bad spot in life and with a ton of hours with work. Hope things get better for you and yes, waiting for pro consoles is a good idea.

The biggest thing I want from Starfield and why I hoped Mass Effect went a similar route was I want a sense of exploration, wonder, and planet hopping in something that feels more like an action game. 

I don’t want a simulation or crafting and survival mechanics. I don’t mind some … minor resource management, but I’d rather not even need to deal with fuel unless it’s cheap, very plentiful, and lasts a long time. Maybe saving up to buy or upgrade the engines to jump further, sure.

But I want proper quests and stories to take me around the galaxy with minimal hindrance.  Mining for resources, crafting, base building like in No Man’s Sky is fine if it is all optional. 

• True 1

8 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The biggest thing I want from Starfield and why I hoped Mass Effect went a similar route was I want a sense of exploration, wonder, and planet hopping in something that feels more like an action game. 

I don’t want a simulation or crafting and survival mechanics. I don’t mind some … minor resource management, but I’d rather not even need to deal with fuel unless it’s cheap, very plentiful, and lasts a long time. Maybe saving up to buy or upgrade the engines to jump further, sure.

But I want proper quests and stories to take me around the galaxy with minimal hindrance.  Mining for resources, crafting, base building like in No Man’s Sky is fine if it is all optional. 

I completely agree.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

And if I remember correctly you're in a bad spot in life and with a ton of hours with work. Hope things get better for you and yes, waiting for pro consoles is a good idea.

Things aren't great but I get my settlement this month (which is MUCH smaller than it should be barely even covers my lost wages) and I want to budget in a system but don't see anything I'm 100% sold on (Will get a Quest 3 at launch though).

6 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Things aren't great but I get my settlement this month (which is MUCH smaller than it should be barely even covers my lost wages) and I want to budget in a system but don't see anything I'm 100% sold on (Will get a Quest 3 at launch though).

Yea, I read your post about your situation. Really sucks. When does the quest 3 come out?

Oh I remember, “why I like Fable?”. I didn’t like the first game. Couldn’t get past Peter’s blatant lies. The game just felt so … limited. So when Fable 2 was announced I ignored everything about the game, especially videos or articles with or about Peter and Fable 2. 

I actually enjoyed the game. It was quirky. I enjoyed the humor. The gameplay felt a bit “turn your brain off”, but I didn’t mind that. I liked the quirky little world. I repeated the process for Fable 3. Again liked what they did. It felt really rewarding to get a good ending because I had spent time acquiring a ton of wealth. Best part was I tried to be as good and as fair a landlord a possible. 

I dunno, other than the tone I don’t think there’s really anything I can point to and say “I loved that”. Each game just clicked for me and I played both Fable 2 and 3 at least a couple times all the way through. 

I feel like even though this looks to be more fairy tale than fantasy and may take place in a world of Albion nothing like the one in the prior games, that’s fine. If the charm and tone of the game clicks with me, I’m sure we’ll be fine. And even though it was just a CG trailer, it does look like they are nailing the charm and tone. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I read your post about your situation. Really sucks. When does the quest 3 come out?

Some of it got worse some better SO went to the doctor today just kidney stones thankfully... however also today mom had to put her dog down.

Quest 3 is this fall I had to sell my Quest 2 last year looking forward to playing my VR library again.

My situation with other systems:

Xbox: Really like the BC but I want a price drop, more storage or a special edition I can't resist.

Playstation: I will wait for the Pro and a fire sale on the failed PSVR2.

ROG Ally: Almost did it for me an OLED screen would have got me (32 GB of RAM also wouldn't hurt).

Steam Deck: I'll wait for the next one.

Analog Pocket: Maybe!

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that No Man's Sky is a good alternative for the kind of game Starfield is going to be, but FWIW, in one of the No Man's Sky updates, they let you customize the shit out of things like fuel usage and crafting to be closer to what you would want (e.g., you can make fuel free). Not saying you should go give it try because it will change everything, but it is at least worth knowing about!

I sadly cannot directly embed their little gif that shows all the options, but if you scroll down on the below page, you can see what they are.

nms-waypoint-book-cover.png
WWW.NOMANSSKY.COM

Waypoint: Introducing Update 4.0 Access the universe of No Man’s Sky from anywhere in update 4.0, WAYPOINT! Launching for the first time on Nintendo Switch™, and overhauling fundamental elements of gameplay including game modes, inventory size and usability, milestones, journey cataloguing and much more! Buy now on More purchase options » Out now on More... View Article

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, DPCyric said:

Some of it got worse some better SO went to the doctor today just kidney stones thankfully... however also today mom had to put her dog down.

Quest 3 is this fall I had to sell my Quest 2 last year looking forward to playing my VR library again.

My situation with other systems:

Xbox: Really like the BC but I want a price drop, more storage or a special edition I can't resist.

Playstation: I will wait for the Pro and a fire sale on the failed PSVR2.

ROG Ally: Almost did it for me an OLED screen would have got me (32 GB of RAM also wouldn't hurt).

Steam Deck: I'll wait for the next one.

Analog Pocket: Maybe!

Sorry to hear about your mothers dog. Ok, Quest 3 should be a nice thing to get this fall. Yea, wait for the pro models and the steam deck is phenomenal but it's successor will be incredible. Keep your head up, man. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Sorry to hear about your mothers dog. Ok, Quest 3 should be a nice thing to get this fall. Yea, wait for the pro models and the steam deck is phenomenal but it's successor will be incredible. Keep your head up, man. 

Quest 3 should be lit probably Switch quality graphics but high resolution and framerate in VR. Steam Deck has amazing controls just hope to get one with an amazing screen as well. Maybe if the ROG Ally takes off a Pro model with more RAM and an OLED screen will be released soon.

• 2 months later...

I wasn't sure where else this belonged but I figured many here would appreciate that Peter Molyneux apologizes for all the over-promising with his games he used to do, while also saying he kind of had to do that in the 1990's and 2000's to build up hype so the games could sell (he's not wrong there either) but called the behavior atrocious in hindsight and regrets it. So there you go!

peter_molyneux.jpg.jpg?width=1200&height
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

The prominent (and at times controversial) developer Peter Molyneux has shed more light on his past interview appearanc…

After Fable 1 I just ignored anything he had to say about anything else. I then really enjoyed Fable 2 and 3. 

Frankly I think his non-apology apology a bit of BS. Yes you needed to generate hype to sell a game in the 90s and early 2000s. You didn’t need to overpromise. Embellishment on something isn’t the same thing. I do think that a person that thinks big and challenges their devs and engineers, but that’s running your mouth before your team has even attempted it, or even heard about it. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

After Fable 1 I just ignored anything he had to say about anything else. I then really enjoyed Fable 2 and 3. 

Frankly I think his non-apology apology a bit of BS. Yes you needed to generate hype to sell a game in the 90s and early 2000s. You didn’t need to overpromise. Embellishment on something isn’t the same thing. I do think that a person that thinks big and challenges their devs and engineers, but that’s running your mouth before your team has even attempted it, or even heard about it. 

I mean, he still says he regrets it and found the behavior "atrocious". That's a pretty harsh self-assessment even with the "but I also felt I had to behave that way" stuff.