(MethodJosh Update 4.16.22) Update: Dr. Disrespect is "suing the fuck" out of Twitch

Bacon

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Check out Brime (@WatchBrime): https://twitter.com/WatchBrime?s=09

Look at who it's following... 

Could it mean something, who knows

If he's able to transition over to a new streaming service, that screams financial crime all the more. As long as his new partners weren't financially or legally liable for whatever he did previously, he'd be all good. They would have no reason to care if his cut of ad revenue went to pay some fines or out to some settlement.

Still no word on what happened but I liked the opening paragraph to this article. 

"A statement that could be made only in 2020, but right now we have a much clearer idea of why the President was banned from a video game streaming service than why Dr. Disrespect was. But that’s the situation: when Twitch banned Donald Trump, it immediately gave a detailed explanation of which policies his campaign violated and gave examples. When it came to banning Dr. Disrespect, however, we got no such clarity, only a brief statement about guidelines."

"We Might Never Find Out Why Twitch Banned Dr. Disrespect" 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/06/30/we-might-never-find-out-why-twitch-banned-dr-disrespect/#2247d07053a5

3 hours ago, heydude93 said:

Some streamers I follow on twitter pointed out if he's switching platforms for whatever reason, what he's doing now could be an effective stunt to get as many eyes on him as possible when he starts up again.

He just signed a deal with Twitch in March, I would doubt that he would toss that money and get sued into the ground by them so he can change platforms. In the past Twitch has banned streamers after reports of sexual assault and they never specifically mention why they banned them.

My 2 cent: Its the 5g/corona conspiracy hes been pushing for last several months

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If he didn’t do shit, that man would be popping off on Twitter. 

Correct

Twitch isnt saying what he did, but he knows what he did and hes going to use the no specifics twitch policy to his advantage.

57 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

He just signed a deal with Twitch in March, I would doubt that he would toss that money and get sued into the ground by them so he can change platforms. In the past Twitch has banned streamers after reports of sexual assault and they never specifically mention why they banned them.

My 2 cent: Its the 5g/corona conspiracy hes been pushing for last several months

Its not sexual assault. There would be claims out there, and if he was charged it would be public. I’m inclined to agree that it is probably financial in nature. There’s speculation that while he didn’t keep the money, he may have raised money for charity without the proper setup (I know nothing), having it basically becoming income, but not paying tax on it (where if it was done correctly it would be tax free, and never considered income).

again, thats pure reddit speculation.

On top of all this, as per the other thread, there has been multiple allegations against members of the Smash community. One got their dick sucked by a 15 year old boy when he was 20, and a 24 year old woman did the same to a 14 year old boy. Then there was a least one girl who wasn't old enough to drink, who then got drunk and then a guy raped her.

And then on top of all of that the first person to hit 3k in WoW Arena and prominent Hearthstone streamer, Byron 'Reckful' Bernstein, committed suicide. He also paved a lot of the path to make streaming popular. He was a streaming OG. He suffered from bipolar disorder.

15 hours ago, Bacon said:

On top of all this, as per the other thread, there has been multiple allegations against members of the Smash community. One got their dick sucked by a 15 year old boy when he was 20, and a 24 year old woman did the same to a 14 year old boy. Then there was a least one girl who wasn't old enough to drink, who then got drunk and then a guy raped her.

And then on top of all of that the first person to hit 3k in WoW Arena and prominent Hearthstone streamer, Byron 'Reckful' Bernstein, committed suicide. He also paved a lot of the path to make streaming popular. He was a streaming OG. He suffered from bipolar disorder.

Get the trash out. Well, except for Reckful, RIP to him

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.pcgamer.com/interview-dr-disrespect-talks-about-his-twitch-ban-the-rumors-and-his-future/

And Twitch has just cut off contact with you? They've never provided you a reason for the ban?

Yeah.

That seems crazy to me. To ban one of its most famous, popular streamers and then to not even tell them what they did wrong?

Yeah, that's the kind of the mind blowing thing about all of this. Obviously, for legal counsel, I have to be careful here. But I can say however, that I will not be returning to Twitch, so, I mean, that's it.

I am sure there is a reason and I am sure Doc knows why but Twitch does make a habit of not telling the streamer why they are banned. So, while he knows it is possible Twitch didn't actually tell him. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lol bitch knows and won’t say. 

He admits that but his lawyer told him not to comment on the Twitch ban. Like I said before, this screams financial misconduct. Maybe not enough to bring up criminal charges, but certainly enough to spook his partners.

• 3 weeks later...