(MethodJosh Update 4.16.22) Update: Dr. Disrespect is "suing the fuck" out of Twitch

Bacon

Earlier today The Doc has been banned, permanently. Twitch says they will not be commenting on this, and those who "seem" to know what is happening are remaining quiet. 

Twitch has removed all of his emotes from twitch and are refunding subscriptions of their own volition.

Discord has removed his partnership badge.

Loaded.gg has removed him from their sponsored members list.

Mountain Dew doesn't have him listed. It Appears he was removed on some pages but not all.

Spoiler

7732b615ef240da4dd5f6563883232cb.png

All of this comes after a lot of sexual abuse/assault/harassment claims against many other streamers. (This is not me saying what Doc did was something sexual)

MethodJosh, a raider in what some would call the greatest guild in WoW, Method, has been accused of rape and trying to get pictures from underage girls. When these claims came out he deleted his twitter and discord. He has be removed from the Method roster.

Along with Josh, one of the Co-founders has be accused of abuse of power and sexual harassment towards a twitch streamer and ex-method member. Method isn't just a WoW guild but an eSports organization, and have sponsored  many streamers in and outside of WoW. Method is seemingly in ruins now with many leaving their org. Many are accusing the Method higher ups of know about Josh all along and protecting a rapist. 

AngryJoe had been accused of coercing a woman into sex, but she has removed her accusation after AngryJoe claimed the allegations are not true was and claimed he was taking legal action against her claims. 

Swifty an old school popular WoW player/YouTuber/Streamer has had accusations against him as well, but he came out saying the claims are false. Before that, another woman came to his defense as well saying the claims were false.

There have been many, many people accused in the past week. Many of them seem to be false accusations, but many of them are true as well and people have even admitted so. 

I didn't go into much detail as there is too much to mention but here is the reddit post with the list of everyone:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I have an inkling that this might involve some type of financial fraud rather than inappropriate sexual behavior.

Others are thinking this as well. Some are hypothesizing that he was pocketing money from charity streams. 

16 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Just as an FYI, he hasn't been with Loaded.gg since 2018 - he signed with Creative Artists Associates (CAA) in January 2019.

I have an inkling that this might involve some type of financial fraud rather than inappropriate sexual behavior.

CAA represent streamers? That's new. I thought they just represented actors. 

Just now, Bacon said:

Others are thinking this as well. Some are hypothesizing that he was pocketing money from charity streams. 

Which would explain both the silence and the swift, decisive action from his business partners as they are probably scrambling with their legal teams to determine if they are liable in any way.

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

CAA represent streamers? That's new. I thought they just represented actors. 

The Doc could be seen as more than just a streamer. I am pretty sure he had a television deal of some kind. 

28 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The Doc could be seen as more than just a streamer. I am pretty sure he had a television deal of some kind. 

I know they're one of Hollywood's biggest acting agencies, so I guess it makes sense that with the evolving digital media they'd want to expand to streamers too though. 

Anyway I don't watch streamers, so I don't watch this guy, but isn't his whole shtick to be a complete asshole, hence the moniker "Dr. Disrespect"? You're telling me a guy that acts like a complete asshole is in fact a complete asshole? Shocking... 

Didn't he also cheat on his wife a while back? 

You guys got me thinking a little. Cheating on your spouse is pretty fucked up, happens a lot, we seem to be accustomed to it. You could certainly argue that doing so in most cases is "abuse" in some manner to the other party. Yet it doesn't seem to be in the realm of offenses that cause people to want to disbar a personality from a platform? I'm honestly not saying that it should or should not be justification, but I just was thinkin yeah this dude did cheat on his wife and he just took like a self imposed break and that was it. 

I think there are varying degrees in this altogether - what one person might consider harassment another person might find to be harmless flirting - but I mostly come down to the idea that you know, it's really not very hard to not fucking harass people or make them feel uncomfortable. It's really not. So I don't have any patience for people who bring this shit on themselves, and when it's multiple accusations it's like fuck off dude. You don't deserve a platform when you're such a shitty person. Go run for president where that kind of thing seems to be encouraged? 

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

You guys got me thinking a little. Cheating on your spouse is pretty fucked up, happens a lot, we seem to be accustomed to it. You could certainly argue that doing so in most cases is "abuse" in some manner to the other party. Yet it doesn't seem to be in the realm of offenses that cause people to want to disbar a personality from a platform? I'm honestly not saying that it should or should not be justification, but I just was thinkin yeah this dude did cheat on his wife and he just took like a self imposed break and that was it. 

I think there are varying degrees in this altogether - what one person might consider harassment another person might find to be harmless flirting - but I mostly come down to the idea that you know, it's really not very hard to not fucking harass people or make them feel uncomfortable. It's really not. So I don't have any patience for people who bring this shit on themselves, and when it's multiple accusations it's like fuck off dude. You don't deserve a platform when you're such a shitty person. Go run for president where that kind of thing seems to be encouraged? 

It can really harm someone mentally once they've been cheated on, then there is forever the doubt in their mind.

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yep, he did cheat on his wife. Not only is he an actual asshole, he is a fucking nutjob. He believes in the 5G shit. Has "mystical rocks" called Shungite to protect him from shit like 5G. He also likes David Icke. https://streamable.com/f0bcar

I watched the video you linked to.  He's an odd person to watch.  Can't tell if he's on medication/drugs/or just acts that way on purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Cheating does make you an asshole pos, but fucking someone who isn't your wife, husband, gf, bf, etc shouldn't be the end of you. 

Alternatively, no one should be forced to work with you because you "just" cheated on your wife, though I dunno what specifically transpired here.

The problem is if you build your career around being very public-facing with sponsors... lots of things can be the end of you, at least in that capacity. He's still free to work elsewhere, obviously.

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It can really harm someone mentally once they've been cheated on, then there is forever the doubt in their mind.

Absolutely. 

I think maybe it’s treated differently because largely the movement going on is rooting out systematic abuse and abuse of power whereas a one on one relationship with your partner is a little bit more personal. There can certainly be overlap between the two, but thinking it through I think that’s the major difference here. 

13 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Alternatively, no one should be forced to work with you because you "just" cheated on your wife, though I dunno what specifically transpired here.

The problem is if you build your career around being very public-facing with sponsors... lots of things can be the end of you, at least in that capacity. He's still free to work elsewhere, obviously.

The cheating on his wife is old news tho, and loads of people like playing with him for one reason or another. Many dislike him, but they aren't forced to work with him, I say it is old new cuz that seemingly has nothing to do with this issue. Pretty sure twitch didn't ban him for that, but I can't recall. In any case he is still with his wife, according to his last stream. So even if the public hasn't forgiven him, him and his wife have moved past this issue, at least publicly. I also don't know if his old sponsors even dropped him when that all happened. Like, Twitch even singed a deal to keep Doc on twitch not that long ago, way after him admitting to cheating on his wife.  

BTW, this isn't me really trying to defend the doc. I don't care for his content or his persona. And like, I hate cheating and shit to the point where I have dropped books and show due to a characters infidelity. I have recently watch the first season of Medici and all of HBO's Rome and almost stopped watching both shows. 

Brad Pitt cheated on his wife (Jennifer Aniston), and then married Angelina Jolie, but we still go see his movies, and he's still a huge star because he's a "good actor, and they're both gorgeous people, blah blah blah". Seems whether or not the public decide to forgive infidelity depends on how much they like the person to begin with. 

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Because you're supposed to feel bad that he did something so awful he can't say what it is.

And it is why now everyone is rushing to the conclusion of CP despite only knowing "it's hella bad dood". Either spit it out or stfu. 

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I mean whatever it is it's gotta be pretty bad, considering he gleefully confessed to cheating on his wife on stream and laughed it up while streaming from a bathroom.

Of course, but that was kinda obvious from the start. Twitch is basically deleting the face of twitch off the platform and denying his existence. 

Because I'm bored at work and have nothing better to do. Also because my buddy follows DD pretty closely and I'm feeding him news while he is asleep.

Most of this was grabbed from r/livestreamfails

Ex-twitch staff Shannon says doc is done and not just on twitch [Sacriel's Wife]

DD's Wife thanking everyone for the support on IG

Slasher - "It is not DMCA"

Slasher - "This was handled outside of Trust and Safety".- That's Twitch's group that usually handles bans and punishments

Also sometime during the same stream Slasher thinks its weird that his wife is standing by him, but I'm not watching a 6 hour stream to find it.

TimTheTatMan - "All he said was he was talking to Twitch to figure out what happened"

There was also a clip of Tim on twitch letting out a sigh of relief after getting a message from Doc, but I can't seem to find it again.

I feel if he did something seriously bad it wouldn't just be gaming services like Twitch and Discord that are banning him, he's still up on Twitter. Plus, while I've never watched his content outside of occasional clips, his reaction at the end there felt too in-character.

5 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I feel if he did something seriously bad it wouldn't just be gaming services like Twitch and Discord that are banning him, he's still up on Twitter. Plus, while I've never watched his content outside of occasional clips, his reaction at the end there felt too in-character.

Twitter probably didn't receive the subpoena :p