Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

• 2 weeks later...

So who's tried Season 2?

The Last Spartan Standing mode I'm enjoying.  12 players, 5 respawns each.   Each kill gives you XP and you can level up as you play to better guns.  Zone eventually starts closing in BR style.  

Maybe if we can get a group maybe some Customs some nights in the near future.

9 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

So who's tried Season 2?

The Last Spartan Standing mode I'm enjoying.  12 players, 5 respawns each.   Each kill gives you XP and you can level up as you play to better guns.  Zone eventually starts closing in BR style.  

Maybe if we can get a group maybe some Customs some nights in the near future.

Sounds like Alcatraz / Rebirth Island from COD.

• 4 weeks later...
3981728-screenshot2022-05-25at1.42.05pm.
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Another higher-up at 343 Industries has left the team.

Another higher-up at Halo Infinite developer 343 Industries has left the studio, as Jerry Hook is moving on. The former head of design at 343 announced that today, May 25, is his final day not only at 343, but also Microsoft and the Halo franchise overall. It's the latest big-name departure from the studio, though that isn't necessarily a sign for concern given how much upheaval the games industry has seen recently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update: campaign co-op beta announced for Halo Insiders next month
  • 4 weeks later...
CoOp-0.jpg
WWW.HALOWAYPOINT.COM

<p>Learn more about Halo Infinite’s upcoming Campaign Network Co-Op flight and Mission Replay.</p>

Campaign Network Co-Op for Halo Infinite is on its way and you’ll soon be able to take the fight to the Banished with your friends and family in the upcoming flight, which is targeted to run from the week of July 11.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update: campaign co-op beta announced for July 11 (Halo Insiders), mission replay feature included
bertone-halo.png
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Halo veteran and former Bungie director Paul Bertone has joined 343 Industries as studio technical design director. Ber…

Halo veteran and former Bungie director Paul Bertone has joined 343 Industries as studio technical design director.

Bertone worked on Bungie's five Halo games before leaving the studio ahead of its work on Destiny, but will now return to the series.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update: Paul Bertone (Halo veteran/former Bungie director) joins 343 Industries as "studio technical design director"
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Infinite came out this past November...?

I was just being sarcastic because in reality coop should have been available at launch. I'm excited to play coop online with my nephew. I understand covid fucked development, too. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I was just being sarcastic because in reality coop should have been available at launch. I'm excited to play coop online with my nephew. I understand covid fucked development, too. 

Yea, it probably should've offered at least local co-op at launch

I specifically stopped playing the campaign after a while knowing this would be coming down the pipe. I was hoping some buddies would of bought gamepass/game to play with me but they focus on the free multiplayer instead. Hopefully they’ll implement something like the recent TMNT game and can join some random person for some co-op campaigns

On 7/7/2022 at 11:46 AM, silentbob said:
halo2-1657195073848.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

343 Industries is recreating the iconic E3 2003 Halo 2 demo in the Master Chief Collection as part of a larger modding project to revive cut content.

I know this for Infinite but thought it was still worth posting

of all the things to spend resources and focus on whole Halo Infinite was an incomplete game … 

14 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

of all the things to spend resources and focus on whole Halo Infinite was an incomplete game … 

As someone who followed Halo since it was only known as "blam!" I will enjoy these things all the same :p 

XBTmBksaeKFyK5pmCoomam-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Xbox leans into Discord on the heels of its new voice chat integration

Halo Infinite campaign co-op will not offer online matchmaking even after the mode leaves beta.

A representative for Xbox confirmed as much in a statement to GamesRadar+, while also recommending some familiar alternatives to matchmaking.

"Online matchmaking will not be available with final co-op," the statement reads. "We encourage you to continue to use the Halo LFG and the new Discord voice call feature on Xbox to find players to party up with as you continue playing the beta."

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update: Xbox rep confirms no online matchmaking for campaign co-op, suggests using Discord

As someone who has long been annoyed that Destiny 2 doesn't offer matchmaking for higher level content, I wouldn't have even thought to expect matchmaking for Halo co-op. I suppose some people would enjoy playing through the campaign with randoms, but that's not the experience I'm looking for, especially in a game where you can easily grief people.

• True 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, best3444 said:

I only played and beat this at launch so I fired it up today. It's still fuckin fantastic and I was immediately hooked. I'll beat it again and @BloodyHell make sure to play this. It's probably my favorite SP Halo games.

Oh, I absolutely am. I kinda wanted to wait for coop, but I expected that long ago. 

13 hours ago, best3444 said:

Not for me but I just got done playing more. I want to give you a heads up that the game starts really slow. Be patient and it opens up. It's a total blast to play.

Its not my first halo, I love the series. The chances of me falling off a 10 hour game like halo is nect to nothing. 

I still can't believe they launched without Forge and Coop. 

• True 1

All the Forge leaks are making it look incredible.  It seems it'll be well worth the wait and a real potential game changer. 

The biggest issue with a lot of those game creators was that the gameplay was mediocre.  Halos gameplay is top notch and creators will be able to create some really amazing stuff I imagine. 

• Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...
halo-infinite-campaign-co-op-3-1-1662030
WWW.IGN.COM

Halo Infinite's Forge mode is coming in November alongside the long-awaited online co-op - but split-screen campaign co-op has been cancelled.

I couldn't imagine them getting it to run on prior gen hardware.  Open world split screen is a massive technical feat.

I'm still a little annoyed they haven't put split screen into the MCC collection on PC.

• 2 weeks later...