Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" TGS trailer

SaysWho?

40 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Probably

Ok. I hope it ends strong. Like I mentioned before, this game to me is good but not great. I was expecting a better experience but I'm still having a good time. If it finishes strong I'll give it an 8/10. 

I'm really itching to play ME lol.

I still didn't beat it after 2 hours playing this evening @Keyser_Soze

I'll no doubt beat it tomorrow. All my buddies online were playing ME. 🙄 

BTW, 

Spoiler

Heisenberg's factory is the creepiest part in the entire game. It reminds me of Nightmare on Elm Street in a way. The enemies are scary and kinda difficult to take down, too. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I still didn't beat it after 2 hours playing this evening @Keyser_Soze

I'll no doubt beat it tomorrow. All my buddies online were playing ME. 🙄 

BTW, 

Hide contents

Heisenberg's factory is the creepiest part in the entire game. It reminds me of Nightmare on Elm Street in a way. The enemies are scary and kinda difficult to take down, too. 

Sorry that you're a slowpoke :p

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sorry that you're a slowpoke :p

I again searched the entire "place" that was accessible to me for almost an hour. I refused to look up how to advance so I kept searching and eventually figured it out. I think I'm at a point now where I'm heading to the finish line unless there is another puzzle coming up that will fuck me over. Awesome environment like I mentioned though.

@Keyser_Soze I beat it this evening but it took me 3 hours! Boy, it ended extremely strong! I didn't expect what happened at all and was very happy with the ending. 

Overall, with that ending, I'd give the game a 9/10. It's probably my second favorite Resident Evil behind part 4. It said I played 14+ hours but as I mentioned it was more like 20 hours.

Great game. I'm pleased.  😀 

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze I beat it this evening but it took me 3 hours! Boy, it ended extremely strong! I didn't expect what happened at all and was very happy with the ending. 

Overall, with that ending, I'd give the game a 9/10. It's probably my second favorite Resident Evil behind part 4. It said I played 14+ hours but as I mentioned it was more like 20 hours.

Great game. I'm pleased.  😀 

Resident Evil is my all time favorite gaming series, though it's had a few derailments I remain a super fan and couldn't wait to dive into this one. I'm a bit taken back by it's length too. No spoilers, but I thought I beat the game when I beat {or thought I beat} the 20 foot vampire lady. Hell no, it's really dragged out some, in a good way. . I'm saying an 7.5'ish right now. I really miss the vibes of re1, 2, & 3. I loved the remakes too so much. 

Spoiler

I really didn't like the slimy unborn fettas hide-n-seek part, and really think they missed a great opportunity to make the doll a good a good gun fight. Having her pop up randomly before maybe a slow-motion magnum kill maybe? It was pretty much a action follow the button prompt. The baby thingy though kind of got to me, just really gruesome and not really indicative to say Resident Evil IMHO though. 

The game keeps on keeping on though.....as I'm at the.....

Spoiler

where I am all of sudden a mercenary type guy with a auto pistol and a full auto machine gun, with grenades to boot. WTF happened...lol no more ammo conserving or worry about inventory management either. I worked hard on that shit :celebrate:any way......in all fairness I have to be close to the end right? I messed up and sold wildlife in the beginning before I understood about  the dishes and meals you could make too. Sucked. Also haven't found but one of the 3 secret animals where your given a photo to help you find them, the gold trout, white pig and the blue bird. I got the fish, and I've been to the exact place many times for the bird but he's never there? All in all, I'm loving it but wasn't expecting a 25+ hour first play through.

I should be done with this game by today, well late today because I see it's frikk'in 2:45am. Shit, good night my fellow patchers, goodnight!

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Fun, fun, fun. Finished the third boss area. I don't think I'll play enough to have it finished tomorrow and I work the next three nights, so it'll probably be Friday or Saturday before I'm done.

When you think you're close to finishing it, you're not. It's a bigger game than I initially thought. It's terrific though. Take your time and enjoy it.

The only thing I'm realizing is kinda disappointing is the Mercenaries mode. It's not bad, but playing as multiple unlockable characters really is what keeps that mode interesting, and just playing as Ethan in first person view is kind of a bummer.

RE Revelations 2's Raid mode is still the best. I fucking loved that mode, and easily played it long after the story mode was done. I'd really love for them to put their extra time and effort into a fully-realized standalone Raid mode than this RE:verse shit that no one's gonna play.

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

When you think you're close to finishing it, you're not. It's a bigger game than I initially thought. It's terrific though. Take your time and enjoy it.

Yeah, I'm not really in a rush. Husband is having his friends over for the first time since the pandemic started to play games this weekend. I know I won't care about most of the stuff they'll be playing, so I'll have time to play on my own.

On 5/24/2021 at 2:48 AM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Fun, fun, fun. Finished the third boss area. I don't think I'll play enough to have it finished tomorrow and I work the next three nights, so it'll probably be Friday or Saturday before I'm done.

Just finished the third boss area yesterday, indeed, the game is just super fun!

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

The third boss area kinda reminded me of HOTD2, I think the second level.

I think the last section is the most atmospheric and creepy. I don't want to spoil anything. Just be prepared for an awesome ending to this game. I absolutely loved it looking back after beating it.

8 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Also just finished the third Boss. I really enjoy the pacing of the game. It was nice coming out of a suuuuuuper creepy 2nd area to have a section that, while still awesome and atmospheric wasn’t as down right “scary”. 

More scary to come, my friend!

On 1/21/2021 at 7:47 PM, Xbob42 said:

5-7 fps drops? I dunno, man, it felt like the whole game started struggling. Although knowing the PS5 we could somehow be getting very different performance. I'd really like to see how it runs on a PC.

I o ow I'm late to the party, but this game ran perfectly for me @ 1440p / 120 with everything on max! This is why I keep getting games on pc. I dont have a ps5 or series x do I'm good for awhile still! My next tv will be here soon to a 77 inch lgcx and I'll be even better ready for the future!

4 hours ago, HardAct said:

I o ow I'm late to the party, but this game ran perfectly for me @ 1440p / 120 with everything on max! This is why I keep getting games on pc. I dont have a ps5 or series x do I'm good for awhile still! My next tv will be here soon to a 77 inch lgcx and I'll be even better ready for the future!

Yeah, weird issue with the bugs from the Dimitrescu sisters aside, runs very nicely!

As an aside, the Resident Evil community is hilarious, they will without fail mod EVERY character in the game to be nude. All the men. All the woman.

noimage.svg
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

I know this is weird! But... enjoy!

And even the dolls!

I beat this last night. 

I liked it. I didn't love it. I actually think 7 is the better game, which shocks me. This was definitely my most anticipated game of the first half of the year that wasn't delayed.

But while I was away at work, games piled up. Now I have ME Legendary Edition and Returnal to jump into. Probably Returnal first.

7 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I beat this last night. 

I liked it. I didn't love it. I actually think 7 is the better game, which shocks me.

I just like how 8 was more diverse with enemies and environments. I can understand you liking part 7 better, though. I was thinking 8 was good not great until I got to the end. That pushed it past 7 for me.

Beat this last night. Great game! Probably the most fun I’ve ever had with a Resident Evil game. I loved all the different areas and how they seemed to approach a different type of horror in different areas. Ending was crazy!

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Beat this last night. Great game! Probably the most fun I’ve ever had with a Resident Evil game. I loved all the different areas and how they seemed to approach a different type of horror in different areas. Ending was crazy!

Amazing ending.

• 1 month later...