I regret to have to inform you that System of a Down's drummer is a MAGA chud.

• Jason changed the title to I regret to have to inform you that System of a Down's drummer is a MAGA chud.
13 hours ago, Bacon said:

No one cares about drummers, and people only care about Serj (and maybe Daron) anyways. 

Untrue! Dream Theater is usually at its best when Magini or Portnoy is heavily involved in the creative process.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Neil-Peart.jpg?quality=80

Yep, the exception the proves the rule. The only drummer in the world I know by name. Well, him and Ringo Starr, but I only know his name cuz of reddit constantly reposting that "he's not even the best drummer in the Beatles" shit. 

No one cares about drummers. 

54 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yep, the exception the proves the rule. The only drummer in the world I know by name. Well, him and Ringo Starr, but I only know his name cuz of reddit constantly reposting that "he's not even the best drummer in the Beatles" shit. 

People who don't like good music don't care about drummers.

Anyways, it has been known for a while that the dude is a chud.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Anyways, it has been known for a while that the dude is a chud.

I only found out last night, because someone brought it up after someone else mentioned that the Nirvana drummer is also a chud.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Lars Ulrich? Dave Grohl? 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I only found out last night, because someone brought it up after someone else mentioned that the Nirvana drummer is also a chud.

Nirvana's bassist, Krist Novocelic praised Trump recently. That might be what you're thinking about. I would be disappointed, but I can't recall a thing of note the guy did after Nirvana anyway.

I don't know for sure about Dave Grohl's politics, or if he has even expressed any, but he did do a popular rickroll on the Westboro Baptist church years back so if I had to guess it would be non-Trump supporter.

On 6/11/2020 at 6:16 PM, Bacon said:

who?

I didn't know he was a drummer. I don't really listen to the Foo Fighters or Nirvana. 

If you honestly don't know who these people are I can't really take any of your musical takes seriously. You don't have to like them... But they are influential as hell for the past 30 years 

3 minutes ago, number305 said:

If you honestly don't know who these people are I can't really take any of your musical takes seriously. You don't have to like them... But they are influential as hell for the past 30 years 

Fuck off. 

• Shocked 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, Chairslinger said:

Nirvana's bassist, Krist Novocelic praised Trump recently. That might be what you're thinking about.

Probably. It came up in response to some dude who vandalized a George Floyd mural in Long Beach was wearing a Nirvana shirt while doing so, someone pointed out that it was another "how dare Rage Against The Machine get political" kind of clueless moment and then someone else responded about the chud Nirvana member.

I like making jokes about Ringo -- one of my favorite lines was Colbert in 08 when he interviewed Paul McCartney, and the intro said, "The Beatles members were John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and the luckiest man in the history of the world," -- but he's a great drummer. What made him so good was his creative ability, listening to a song like Strawberry Fields Forever or A Day in the Life and knowing how to make the drum section work. If you just play the drum track to something like Come Together, there's no mistaking it for any other song.