Sega Saturn is 25 Years Old!

Keyser_Soze

While I got the Playstation, one of my best friends got the Saturn. He brought it over all the time, so I was able to play a lot of games on it. I remember playing a lot of Guardian Heroes? I'll have to check and see if I remember that right.

Edit: Yeah, it was a beat 'em up with amazing graphics for the time and RPG elements made by Treasure. I loved that game.

3 hours ago, chakoo said:

Go saturn, I just wish the games weren't so horribly expensive to own. -.-

That's the biggest problem with it today. I hope the Genesis Mini did well enough that maybe, maybe Seeds would entertain making a Saturn Mini. I mean, we got a PC Engine Mini, so anything must be possible.

Remember firing up Tomb Raider on the Saturn for my 16th birthday, blew my mind how glorious the whole thing looked and felt, how much fun it was duel wielding Lara's pistols ... then the cavernous cave only to practically shit myself when the T-Rex emerged!

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

Remember firing up Tomb Raider on the Saturn for my 16th birthday, blew my mind how glorious the whole thing looked and felt, how much fun it was duel wielding Lara's pistols ... then the cavernous cave only to practically shit myself when the T-Rex emerged!

Those pyramid boobs!

• Haha 1

I was a Sega fan boy, but had no interest in the Saturn and never played Virtua Fighter in the arcade.  One day I was standing in line at a Good Guys store, dunno what I was buying, and there was an employee playing VF on a Saturn on a TV near where the line was.  So I walked over and played some VF with him.  And of course I decided I needed a Saturn that week.

I had a Saturn back in the day. Had Tomb Raider, NiGHTS, and I think Resident Evil? Can’t remember if I bought that or borrowed from a buddy.

Later I imported X-MEN vs. Street Fighter (awesome!) and Castlevania: Nocturne in the Moonlight (mmmyyeeehhh?). Good times.

Another buddy imported Street Fighter Zero 3 and Metal Slug. Now THAT is some fantastic 2D action done right.

We ended up selling the Saturn and got a Playstation, but I remember enjoying it at the time and being amazed at the graphics. I think we only had five games? Three were definitely a pack-in.

Virtua Cop

Virtua Cop Screenshots for Windows - MobyGames

Virtua Fighter 2

bonus_stage.jpg

Daytona USA

n3qkvZMhETqhvtuk4FjKXu48NHLcV7f29xlABQ0d

WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game

hqdefault.jpg

NiGHTS Into Dreams

tumblr_ocagpga6Sp1v6pzwto1_500.gifv

6 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I had a Saturn back in the day. Had Tomb Raider, NiGHTS, and I think Resident Evil? Can’t remember if I bought that or borrowed from a buddy.

Later I imported X-MEN vs. Street Fighter (awesome!) and Castlevania: Nocturne in the Moonlight (mmmyyeeehhh?). Good times.

Another buddy imported Street Fighter Zero 3 and Metal Slug. Now THAT is some fantastic 2D action done right.

Have both, the Saturn version has extra content, but the PS1 version had better performance.

• Like 1