The Racist-in-Chief says he's suspending immigration into the US because of the coronavirus pandemic.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

As someone has pointed out on twitter, 1/3 of US doctors are foreign-born.

AND THEY'RE STEALING WORK FROM HONEST HARD-WORKING MURICAN DOCTORS!

stephen miller masturbates furiously to aoc's congressional portrait in the corner

8 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

As someone has pointed out on twitter, 1/3 of US doctors are foreign-born.

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I haven't done an actual count, but the vast majority of the hospitalist team at my hospital are foreign born. I love those doctors. Most of them. :P

They & @CastlevaniaNut18 are more than welcome to come/move to Canada instead. :)

Well, we know how this will go. 

Some federal judge will try to block this, Trump will throw a hissy fit on Twitter, and the SCOTUS will take his side, and this will give Trump precedent to say that any election results he doesn't agree with should be looked into and will blame the results on immigrants or COVID-19 or crab people or whatever, and the SCOTUS will side with him again, and then fuck it Trump will drop any pretext and name himself King Donald the First and declare his son his successor.

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

AND THEY'RE STEALING WORK FROM HONEST HARD-WORKING MURICAN DOCTORS!

stephen miller masturbates furiously to aoc's congressional portrait in the corner

C'mon you know this is bullshit; we all know Miller can only get a chub when a child dies in an ICE internment camp.

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I adapt poorly to cold. :p

Vancouver has your back providing you can put up with rain. :santasun: Also if I could go from SoCal to Montreal you'll survive. ;) 

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

How y'all needing business analysts? Asking for....a friend

It's competitive but there is tons of work in that space in Toronto and Alberta. 

8 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Vancouver has your back providing you can put up with rain. :santasun: Also if I could go from SoCal to Montreal you'll survive. ;) 

It's competitive but there is tons of work in that space in Toronto and Alberta. 

Calgary sounds so tempting. My last job I spent some time with our plant manager from Calgary and he had noting but great things to say about it.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Calgary sounds so tempting. My last job I spent some time with our plant manager from Calgary and he had noting but great things to say about it.

Normally I wouldn't recommend any of the 5 major prairie cities...but for an American, they'd probably actually be more liberal than expected, unless you're coming from NYC or something.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Normally I wouldn't recommend any of the 5 major prairie cities...but for an American, they'd probably actually be more liberal than expected, unless you're coming from NYC or something.

I've grown up in Appalachia, and have lived in the American South for nearly a decade. I'd prefer that greatly tyvm.

My wife's grandpa was Canadian does that help? Lol

38 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

In theory I'm fine with this since we should all be on lock down. But since we k ow that's not the underlying reason it's hard to be supportive of it. 

"We're all supposed to be on lockdown anyhow" will be the prima facie reasoning for the 5-4 ruling okaying this while we simultaneously get another 5-4 ruling okaying Trump forcing governors to end their lockdowns. 

I'll admit I'm confused, so someone explain this to me. 

Given that it's Trump, and his past racist remarks and deeds, this of course looks bad coming from him, but if this were any other more respectable president, if they said, "Due to the ongoing pandemic, I am calling for a temporary shut down of our borders. During this time there will be no travel or immigration to or from the United States. Until this global crisis is over, these unfortunate, but necessary measures must be taken", I don't know if there would be as much outrage. Trudeau called for a travel ban when we went into lockdown and don't remember people crying foul. 

Am I missing something here? 

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

I'll admit I'm confused, so someone explain this to me. 

Given that it's Trump, and his past racist remarks and deeds, this of course looks bad coming from him, but if this were any other more respectable president, if they said, "Due to the ongoing pandemic, I am calling for a temporary shut down of our borders. During this time there will be no travel or immigration to or from the United States. Until this global crisis is over, these unfortunate, but necessary measures must be taken", I don't know if there would be as much outrage. Trudeau called for a travel ban when we went into lockdown and don't remember people crying foul. 

Am I missing something here? 

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

In theory I'm fine with this since we should all be on lock down. But since we k ow that's not the underlying reason it's hard to be supportive of it. 

34 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

So it really is just because we all know he's not doing it to keep the country safe from coronavirus (especially not when he wants to reopen non essential services), it's to keep the country safe from immigrants, to appease his base.