20 years ago today, the Sony PS2 released in Japan

SaysWho?

I only played 3 of those games. I enjoyed my PS2, but both my Gamecube and Xbox got more time.

The games I remember the most fondly were actually played on my PS3 through BC after I sold my PS2. Persona 4 and FF12 being 2 I specifically remember.

Got a PS2 for Christmas when it came out. Wasn't even on my list of things I wanted for Christmas (was primarily a Nintendo family) though I dabbled in Final Fantasy VII - IX. 

Brother and I fought over it for the next couple months so that we could play Final Fantasy X. 

On 3/8/2020 at 11:50 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

So you were 15 when PS1 was released and 20 when PS2 released. The math checks out. :thinking:

Yup! And if the PS5 releases this year, I’ll be 40 when that comes out. 

Too bad the PS3 came out in 2006. It would have been “in sync” with a new PlayStation console every five years for me (15 years old, 20 years old, 25 years old - until PS4, which got pushed back due to the unusually lengthy last generation).

Maybe we can substitute in Sony’s first handheld, the PSP, as the Playstation that came out when I was 25. 

[/end_self_indulgent_post]

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yup! And if the PS5 releases this year, I’ll be 40 when that comes out. 

Too bad the PS3 came out in 2006. It would have been “in sync” with a new PlayStation console every five years for me (15 years old, 20 years old, 25 years old - until PS4, which got pushed back due to the unusually lengthy last generation).

Maybe we can substitute in Sony’s first handheld, the PSP, as the Playstation that came out when I was 25. 

[/end_self_indulgent_post]

Just add it to the list of mistakes Sony made with the PS3.

• Haha 1