What are you playing today?

A few days ago I realized that I was actually 6 achievements away from “completing” Dark Souls… so I collected all remaining spells, now for last achievement all I need is to collect all “rare” weapons… I need 5 boss souls and to cut off 4 tails… It will require me to finish the current playthrough and another half playthrough (kill 2 Pac and Biggie)…

1,000 plagues to the designer responsible for the low drop percentage on that f’n Channelers Trident..

Beat the Water Temple and really didn’t care for the prick of a boss. Puzzle structure was fun though. Also, played a bit more R&C: RA which has now hit the point of, “I’m enjoying this but the loop hasn’t changed and I want the game to finish.”

I’m not sure what I’ll dip into after either of these games (PS+ can be a tad overwhelming with its variety, but I might have to google ‘most creative games on PS5, just so I can get some Nintendo-like variety to the experience).

4 hours ago, Dodger said:

I really hope the Lords of the Fallen is good because playing Lies of P reminds me how much I love a good souls like game. Even If Lies of P is filled with bullshit.

With my Alan Wake prep out of the way it’s finally time to tackle Phantom Liberty! I’m also getting back into psvr. GT7VR is just such an incredible experience. I also got Synapse which is really the only big psvr2 exclusive released since launch window and it’s pretty rad. It seems shortish and it’s a rogue lite but mechanically it’s very very cool and it looks fantastic. The cover mechanic is very well done and some good use of eye tracking.

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

With my Alan Wake prep out of the way it’s finally time to tackle Phantom Liberty! I’m also getting back into psvr. GT7VR is just such an incredible experience. I also got Synapse which is really the only big psvr2 exclusive released since launch window and it’s pretty rad. It seems shortish and it’s a rogue lite but mechanically it’s very very cool and it looks fantastic. The cover mechanic is very well done and some good use of eye tracking.

Are you just going to play the dlc or start over?

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Are you just going to play the dlc or start over?

DLC for two reasons:

1) I really want to play it but just no damn time before the October onslaught to beat the entire main campaign again also

2) The story is too fresh in my mind still, so I’m not really ready to play through it yet. It’s also a bit of a downer what all happens, so I kinda don’t want to go through all that just yet knowing that V’s fate doesn’t change. 

CP has hinted they aren’t doing adding tech to it on pc, I have a feeling a good time for a full 2.0 or 2.5 or whatever play through will come up again.

• Halal 1

Gerudo Temple is done.  Quite good by ToTK/BoTW standards, and maybe the closest to a normal Zelda dungeon.  It still was a bit on the small side, especially considering the massive look of the structure.

Gotta consider how quickly I want to wrap this game up.  The sky is almost complete, but, I've got most of the South-West region still to explore.  Plus a buttload of light roots.

I think I’m going to aim for all the Dragon Tears, best maybe 70 shrines, explore the depths, and finish the quest like to put TotK to bed (for now). My wife is away today and tonight, so after bedtime, I’ll either sit and play R&C relentlessly, or a bit of me wants to sit and play Elden Ring again for a while and see if I can get back into it.

5 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I think I’m going to aim for all the Dragon Tears, best maybe 70 shrines, explore the depths, and finish the quest like to put TotK to bed (for now). My wife is away today and tonight, so after bedtime, I’ll either sit and play R&C relentlessly, or a bit of me wants to sit and play Elden Ring again for a while and see if I can get back into it.

Dragon Tears are probably worth it for the story bits.  I’m like at double that Shrine count and still not done with the game yet.

The depths are the part that doesn’t interest me in seeing through.  Sure, there’s some cool things down there, in parts, but its still mostly just searching for light roots and zonite farming.

All the cosmetic stuff is starting to remind me of Jedi Fallen Order in a way.  It’s cool, but so much of it is needless.  Maybe they should have done battery upgrades differently.

23 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

The depths are the part that doesn’t interest me in seeing through.  Sure, there’s some cool things down there, in parts, but its still mostly just searching for light roots and zonite farming.

Yup, I disliked the Depths for the redundancy of it.. The combat scenarios/arenas are fine but could have been placed in the sky or in one of the many caves.. the Yiga encampments had potential for some stealth-ish gameplay variety but the camps are lightly guarded and the obstacles are wasted given you can just drop in..

I found all the lightroots and explored all of it but it was more a completionism function by the halfway point

I’m pretty into this Apple Arcade game “Castle Crumble” - it just feels so damn good the way things crumble. I’m on level 124 and getting three stars is still super easy, I rarely have to retry a level, almost more of a toy than a game in that way. I usually play it late at night to relax myself before sleep. 

• Halal 1

On 10/7/2023 at 10:41 AM, gamer.tv said:

I’ve now found them all - so I’ll do a bit more story, locate 20 odd shrines and then finish that part of the game off. Then it’s the last regional phenomena in Gerudo and I’ll be done, 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

25 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Starfield

NHL 24 10 hour trial on EA Pass I love GamePass Ultimate!

For the sports games with gamepass you really can just play the 10 hours when a new one comes out, wait 4-6 months, get it for free via gamepass. I think MLB has actually been launching on gamepass day of release but idk if that’s confirmed for next year or not.

Probably won’t help you with Madden as I know you need that right away but the others!

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

For the sports games with gamepass you really can just play the 10 hours when a new one comes out, wait 4-6 months, get it for free via gamepass. I think MLB has actually been launching on gamepass day of release but idk if that’s confirmed for next year or not.

Probably won’t help you with Madden as I know you need that right away but the others!

yeah I saw MLB The Show was on GamePass.    GamePass is legit great.  Ace Attorney is on there. The Persona games. Sports games. Old 360 games. Lets gooooooooooo