You want concept art from IX: Duel of the Fates? Oh I've got concept art!

https://imgur.com/a/lX9JG8F

Rey with her staff saber:

MTYat4i.jpg

Luke trains Rey:

CxrkL98.png

Tor Vallum, Sith trainer:

3Wuj7t2.jpg

First Order Coruscant:

C1eKUIv.jpg

Rose and Finn activate the beacon under the Jedi Temple to call for aid:

PIzuzAC.png

Finn yells "Rey! Reeeeeey!!!" Haha, just kidding. He rallies the people of Coruscant to fight the FO:

VsEe2zJ.jpg

Coruscant underground:

kx6XYkH.jpg

Rey, on Mortis:

SDs7zSb.png

People of Coruscant face the First Order:

7gPPpGv.jpg

R2 is killed:

nCGZ9PS.jpg

Rey and Ben fight at the peak of the temple on Mortis:

35753ee.jpg

Luke blocks Ben's saber:

tIP2Pi0.jpg

Hux commits suicide when it is clear the FO is lost:

YsUaHaE.jpg

Leia records a message of hope to the galaxy:

kbkayka.jpg

• Thanks 1

These are confirmed as legit.

Jesus Christ, this movie looks so much better than TROS. I know movies don't live up to the art...but just the basic ideas are more interesting (ESPECIALLY Finn becoming a leader of regular people against the FO who enslaved him).

There are a few more in the link that I didn't include.

@SFLUFAN this artwork is now the official sequel to TLJ, and the ending to the saga.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Rey not using a saber staff is the lamest shit ever. Fucking cowards. SHE ALREADY HAS THE FUCKING SKILL SET FOR THAT WEAPON. It was the FUCKING perfect match. 

• Skywalker saber is destroyed, split into two.
  • Rey already has a double-ended weapon she is expertly familiar with
  • Rey has both pieces of the Skywalker saber

JJ: Let's have her rebuild the original saber off-screen, fans will love it!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I thought Trevorrow said the leaked concept art wasn't part of his film? Either way, it's Trevorrow: in no way would this have been a good movie. However, would it have been better than TROS? Maybe.

The previously-leaked artwork was from early drafts of TROS. This is new stuff!

47 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I thought Trevorrow said the leaked concept art wasn't part of his film? Either way, it's Trevorrow: in no way would this have been a good movie. However, would it have been better than TROS? Maybe.

This is different stuff than what was leaked before and seems more inline with what Trevorrow's outline was. The art is awesome, but that doesn't mean he would have executed it well at all, I agree. We'll never see this movie so :shrug:

19 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The previously-leaked artwork was from early drafts of TROS. This is new stuff!

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is different stuff than what was leaked before and seems more inline with what Trevorrow's outline was. The art is awesome, but that doesn't mean he would have executed it well at all, I agree. We'll never see this movie so :shrug:

Ah thanks for the heads up!

Concept art almost always look good - Trevorrow's resume just doesn't indicate he can make a good movie. All his movies are worse than JJ Abrams' movies (other than maybe Safety Not Guaranteed) so I don't think he'd suddenly become some excellent filmmaker. He had an opportunity to save/make good the Jurassic Park franchise and holy shit both of those movies are so bad (the first being in the "so bad it's almost good" territory for me) that he'd likely just do the same to Star Wars. He may not have directed the second one, but he and his co-writer Derek Connolly wrote and produced it. And the less said about The Book of Henry, the better. 

24 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Duel of the fates is a terrible title 

And yet it's somehow better than The Rise of Skywalker. Additionally, most of the Star Wars titles are meant to be corny/terrible, to evoke old titles ala Flash Gordon and old sci-fi. I mean Attack of the Clones? I remember when the title was revealed people thought it was the dumbest thing. It's sort of in line with what Lucas intends with the titles though. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

And yet it's somehow better than The Rise of Skywalker. Additionally, most of the Star Wars titles are meant to be corny/terrible, to evoke old titles ala Flash Gordon and old sci-fi. I mean Attack of the Clones? I remember when the title was revealed people thought it was the dumbest thing. It's sort of in line with what Lucas intends with the titles though. 

RoS and AotC are horrible titles I agree. 

13 minutes ago, Brick said:

As I've said before, Duel of the Fates is already the title for the Darth Maul fight theme, so it'd be stupid to also be the title of one of the movies. 

If I remember correctly, during the making of The Phantom Menace, Lucas said that Duel of the Fates needed to sound like an epic because it would likely be used again in the prequel story. And it was in the Yoda vs. Palpatine fight. So I think a theme that was used in the start of the numbered movies being the finale actually is a pretty cool loop.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

If I remember correctly, during the making of The Phantom Menace, Lucas said that Duel of the Fates needed to sound like an epic because it would likely be used again in the prequel story. And it was in the Yoda vs. Palpatine fight. So I think a theme that was used in the start of the numbered movies being the finale actually is a pretty cool loop.

EvilGrotesqueAndeancondor-size_restricte

Never forget. :p And people think the prequels are "okay" in hindsight . . . 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

EvilGrotesqueAndeancondor-size_restricte

Never forget. :p And people think the prequels are "okay" in hindsight . . . 

Yeah yeah, but it's okay to rhyme. This is the part (59 minutes in):

Lucas tells John Williams that he loves the chorus. "I think it's gonna work, you may not realize it, but it really goes into the third film very well. And I think it'll be an important thing to reprise. It definitely has the quality of the inevitable fate of doom with larger hands at work."

So it plays in the first movie and then Yoda v Palpatine (which works considering the two people fighting). So Rey v Kylo I think would work quite well!

• Thanks 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Lucas tells John Williams that he loves the chorus. "I think it's gonna work, you may not realize it, but it really goes into the third film very well. And I think it'll be an important thing to reprise. It definitely has the quality of the inevitable fate of doom with larger hands at work."

So it plays in the first movie and then Yoda v Palpatine (which works considering the two people fighting). So Rey v Kylo I think would work quite well!

On a song basis, definitely! On a title basis, I agree with @Brick

The title of the film is just copying the title of the song though, it doesn't really mean that the song would have been used in the movie itself. 

As awesome as the song is though, I don't think I would have liked it used again in the final battle between Rey and Kylo Ren. If the movie was getting close to the end, and the two prepared to fight, and we're sitting there watching, thinking "this is it", and that chorus started up, personally, I think it would have been cheap fan service, and would prefer a new, original epic fight theme from John Williams. 

14 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Imagine being one of the people in that room, recording that amazing piece of music and seeing the first new footage of Star Wars in 18 years above you. I can't imagine how it would have affected some of them emotionally.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Imagine being one of the people in that room, recording that amazing piece of music and seeing the first new footage of Star Wars in 18 years above you. I can't imagine how it would have affected some of them emotionally.

Even more interesting, imagine being in the studio next door, recording music for Wild Wild West, and hating what life has brought you.

• Haha 3