~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

My local dumbass news station run by Meredith Corp decided to air this ridiculous story about some woman who "became paralyzed" after getting the Pfizer shot:

https://www.wsmv.com/news/woman-lies-paralyzed-in-nashville-hospital-says-it-happened-after-she-received-pfizer-vaccine/article_78f1b8fa-a4a0-11eb-af84-3311a4f153c0.html?block_id=994460

Unable to move from the neck down, her husband took her to the emergency room at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Six days later, she remained in the hospital, and said a CT scan, MRI, EMG, and blood work all returned nothing unusual. Mcfadden told News4 she is epileptic but said this was not a seizure.

News4 does not have medical confirmation that this event was related to the Pfizer vaccine. Vanderbilt University Medical Center declined to comment.

Pfizer sent in a comment that basically said "we didn't identify paralysis as a thing that happens."

The video is wild too because the anchors are covering this story with phrases like "we don't want to cause alarm" or "we believe it's important to cover all sides!"

They then dug into the self-reported reaction database that people can fill in all on their own and that resulted in 7 out of 16 million doses. And it was all punctuated with "the vaccine is safe and effective. Covid has killed far more."

And if that was it... why fucking run the story in the first place?

The lady is epileptic. She says she didn't have a seizure, but I'm pretty sure post-seizure paralysis is totally a thing.  Like... Don't run the fucking story if it's just going to be interpreted as "the vaccine might paralyze you."

23 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I found out yesterday a lady died in my company after getting her vaccine. Sounds she got the first shot and went out and partied. She contracted COVID and died 3 weeks later.  Be safe until the vaccine kicks in. 

Sounds like you phrased this in a way to further piss @CayceG off. :p

14 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

As they lay dying in the streets i am sure they will give a fuck.

Dude, they are enemies and SinoVac has really low efficacy 

Also important to note that India isn't even asking for vaccine donations from the US. They just want the ban on raw materials to be lifted so they have the means to produce more of their own vaccine. Shit is unbelievably fucked.

VDZDZERJKNLWRHBZC72HS4HUJ4.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine was 67% effective in preventing symptomatic infection, data from a huge real-world study inChile has shown, a potential boost for the jab which has come under scrutiny over its level of protection against the virus.

Actually it's more effective than I had thought! Still, it's extremely low efficacy after one dose (16%) combined with China and India being enemies leads me to think that China's recent offer to help the country isn't going to amount to much.

Edit: Unless they give them raw materials to start producing more vaccines. That would be a game changer.

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

india-oxygen-covid-19-shortage-crisis.jp
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

China's Foreign Ministry said it's "ready to provide support and help according to India's need, and is in communication" with the country, and the White House said the U.S. "is working closely with Indian officials at both political and experts level to identify ways to help address the crisis."

india-covid-19-crisis-funerals.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

"The COVID-19 pandemic is a common enemy of all mankind that necessitates international solidarity and mutual assistance," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-04-22/china-willing-to-help-india-in-covid-19-fight

This is an easy way to win over a monster pop country to your side against the US, enemy be damned

7 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

india-oxygen-covid-19-shortage-crisis.jp
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

China's Foreign Ministry said it's "ready to provide support and help according to India's need, and is in communication" with the country, and the White House said the U.S. "is working closely with Indian officials at both political and experts level to identify ways to help address the crisis."

That thumbnail is giving me one clue about what might be happening over there.

14 minutes ago, Joe said:

It prevents symptomatic infection in 2/3rds of cases. That’s not really low!

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It prevents symptomatic infection in 2/3rds of cases. That’s not really low!

I was going off of the poor first dose efficacy and the fact that China itself said the vaccine had low efficacy a few days ago. I then found the numbers out of Chile and posted that. But still, those first dose numbers are awful.

25 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Tiddy bars are reopening soon in Nevada.  Strippers must wear masks doe. 

I haven't been to one since pre-covid, so I don't know how it's working, but Portlands most notorious strip club has been reopened for months, as far as I know. Like, no lap dances? Can't sit at the rail? I have no idea